• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnabot

Thing is, Trump's gonna win, and it's gonna hurt bad. Yeah that's not something they're gonna take well.
the election night meltdowns will be gold, jerry. gold.
"We won't last the remaining year and change if this keeps happening".

Welp, even some of the admins/mods are beginning to realize what happens to a website's income when the rabid mob continues to spiral out of control.

What if I told you guys that a new forum could come out from Era raising the nutjob bar which that forum had and this new forum is gonna make the former as the new "alt right" forum. Everything after the election meltdown.

Is this too much bullshit to happen?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
What if I told you guys that a new forum could come out from Era raising the nutjob bar which that forum had and this new forum is gonna make the former as the new "alt right" forum. Everything after the election meltdown.

It has already been suggested and has already been performed. I believe https://metacouncil.com/ is one of the ERA offshoots.

I don't see why they would abandon ERA. It's not like their users are demanding a change of ownership. People seem either ignorant or complicit with the way things are done there.

Shaqazooloo

How did this "study" not get a thread on Ree? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ities-breathe-air-polluted-whites/3130783002/

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

The air that Americans breathe isn't equal.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

Poor air quality remains the largest environmental health risk in the United States, the study warns. In fact, with 100,000 deaths per year, more Americans die from air pollution than car crashes and murders combined.

“Even though minorities are contributing less to the overall problem of air pollution, they are affected by it more,” said study co-author Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota, who is white. “Is it fair (that) I create more pollution and somebody else is disproportionately affected by it?”

Hill said that while the air in the U.S. has gotten cleaner in the past decade, pollution inequity has remained stubbornly high.

"What is especially surprising is just how large pollution inequity is and has been for well over a decade," Hill said.
This is satire right? because if it's not then... Yikes!

lifa-cobex

How did this "study" not get a thread on Ree? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ities-breathe-air-polluted-whites/3130783002/

Study finds a race gap in air pollution — whites largely cause it; blacks and Hispanics breathe it

The air that Americans breathe isn't equal.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately breathe air that's been polluted by non-Hispanic whites, according to a study. This new research quantifies for the first time the racial gap between who causes air pollution – and who breathes it.

"Pollution is disproportionately caused by whites, but disproportionately inhaled by black and Hispanic minorities," the study said.

Poor air quality remains the largest environmental health risk in the United States, the study warns. In fact, with 100,000 deaths per year, more Americans die from air pollution than car crashes and murders combined.

“Even though minorities are contributing less to the overall problem of air pollution, they are affected by it more,” said study co-author Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota, who is white. “Is it fair (that) I create more pollution and somebody else is disproportionately affected by it?”

Hill said that while the air in the U.S. has gotten cleaner in the past decade, pollution inequity has remained stubbornly high.

"What is especially surprising is just how large pollution inequity is and has been for well over a decade," Hill said.

Because someone will have to remind them that the Chinese exist.

JordanN

Banned
Resetera moderator is now pushing reparations.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/page-2#post-19041737

d0QQTST.png

Holy shit, this is not going to end well.

JordanN

Banned
Slayven continues to race bait.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/page-2#post-19051510

vela3wj.png

I get that slavery was a terrible injustice, but the idea you can milk a tragedy into current day is just weak.

No, slavery isn't the reason why you failed school or committed a crime. You also have plenty of Americans born after slavery was abolished or emigrated from Europe and had no personal connection to owning slaves.

It's this type of guilt the Democrats love pushing, as if it's going to actually make a difference instead of stir more resentment and tension.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Now Green Slime King is going completely berserk in that topic.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/page-2#post-19054542
0gSGO9K.png

HAHA, this is why virtue signaling will always suck ass.
SJW's pick the biggest non-issues facing the world and blow them up disproportionately.

Screw focusing on more pressing concerns like policing dangerous neighborhoods or promoting stronger families. It's ancient photos from 150 years ago that's OPPRESSING me right now. :rolleyes:

Idiots. Morons.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

I hate that these people call themselves liberal, as if the only reason someone would call them out is to "own the libs." I've been a liberal for my entire life and I think these people are insane. They don't represent me and it irks me that they keep trying to co-opt the things I stand for.

Kagey K

Banned
I hate that these people call themselves liberal, as if the only reason someone would call them out is to "own the libs." I've been a liberal for my entire life and I think these people are insane. They don't represent me and it irks me that they keep trying to co-opt the things I stand for.
If you are even slightly right of them, on any topic, you automatically become alt right in their eyes, regardless of how liberal you may be.

It’s a sad situation and is likely to hurt the liberal movement as a whole in the end.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I love that those morons over there think they are changing the world or something. You and us for that matter are a tiny little nothing space on the internet. Enjoy your time spent, like I do here but don't pretend that you are "Changing the world" or some nonsense. Not one of those fucks is getting out of their moms basement putting on some big boy pants and trying to make any actual change in their neighborhoods. They might run into one of these dying breeds of people they speak of and not know what to do without a keyboard in between them.

Mochilador

That would be amazing to watch. But I don't think they can raise the bar.

Doomtrain

Why scared? These people are contemptible and hilarious, not scary. Laugh at them, feels good man.

I admire your attitude a lot. It's something I genuinely struggle with. I WANT to laugh at these people, and I think maybe I could if they weren't confined to ResetEra. But it freaks me out that they're seemingly everywhere now. They've taken over most major gaming sites. I also go to a bunch of music sites, and they've taken over those, too. A bunch of my IRL friends subscribe to the dogma now, as well, and it's strained our relationships a lot. I live in a major coastal city, and the overwhelming sentiment is that if you don't subscribe to their ideology, you get cast out. So mostly, I just stay silent these days -- and then that makes me wrestle with a bunch of other issues, like whether or not that makes me complicit in the problem. I totally don't want this to sound like a woe-is-me thing! I'm just trying to get across why these people freak me out.

Seriously, though, it's refreshing to find a forum where people can call a spade a spade and laugh at these people.

Last edited:

Just seeing their Pew thread. Someone called someone a CHUD. Wtf is that? And of course they are all acting like idiots again.

Dthomp

Just seeing their Pew thread. Someone called someone a CHUD. Wtf is that? And of course they are all acting like idiots again.

Maybe these people on a video gaming message board should once in a while get off the boards and play a game and relax. EVERYTHING isn't the end of the world

Doomtrain

I have this feeling sometimes that this is all an illusion. The only reason these people have any power is because people kowtow to them. If everyone just laughed at them all at once, the illusion would be broken.

I always got the impression ERA was mainly POC, gay, women, trans, and muslim, with white being pretty low down on the list.
As they say there, "Oh you sweet summer child."
You should know that most of the biggest well-known controversial user names on that site are actually white males.
I'll let you think about the significance of that for a moment.

Last edited:

scanferr

A witch hunt is on for a Dualshockers staff member. Even complete with a "not a good look" one-liner. No self awareness whatsoever.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...read-threadmarks.105466/page-68#post-19057784

4gfo3Iq.png
I was actually banned on that thread. I didn't insult anyone, I din't even post anything so wrong.

I legit only asked why people were blaming PewDiePie and then somebody took a screenshot from who PDP was following on Twitter and Jordan Peterson was there. I asked why exactly was it bad to follow JP and the day after, I was banned. I laughed a lot, tbh.

I have never visited Era that much (not even Gaf before, considering I have this account since 2013) but that place always made me laugh. It's impossible to have different opinions, they all live very happy on their ridiculous echo chamber.

I guess I'll be visiting Gaf a lot now, again :D

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
One of my new favorite ban:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...nced-spring-2019.106539/page-17#post-19061601

User Banned (1 Week): Stereotyping of a language
I wonder how the idea for this collaboration came about. Did one of the indie devs throw the idea out there on a whim not expecting it to go anywhere, and then Miyamoto turned out to be a fan of CotND and said "Hell yes" (only it would be in Japanese, so like, "Hellfu yesfu").

:messenger_beaming:

How dare they not know the accurate katakana.

cormack12

The biggest issue the racial profilers have over there is that they link something superficial like skin colour to experience. Let's take an example, three people go for a job

Candidate a (white): Grew up in small rural town, close friends with candidate a - attended typical schools and got an underGrad in game design;
Candidate b (black): Grew up in small rural town, close friends with candidate a - attended typical schools and got an underGrad in game design;
Candidate c (white): Grew up in inner suburbs, left to go to the city. Fell on hard times, drifted from place to place. Eventually got steady job and funded their own distance learning in game design. Now looking for junior position.

To them, the diversity hire/quote is obviously candidate b - when in actual fact the most diverse life experience sits with candidate c. The whole place is full of google experts, who reword/copypasta paragraphs and opinions and take them as a universal truth. Without the understanding they are unable to actually understand most things are a compromise and there are always pros and cons to any decision made. Bald headed guy is typical era expert

Also relevant

Grinchy

Banned
Now Green Slime King is going completely berserk in that topic.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/page-2#post-19054542
0gSGO9K.png

HAHA, this is why virtue signaling will always suck ass.
SJW's pick the biggest non-issues facing the world and blow them up disproportionately.

Screw focusing on more pressing concerns like policing dangerous neighborhoods or promoting stronger families. It's ancient photos from 150 years ago that's OPPRESSING me right now. :rolleyes:

Idiots. Morons.
"Colored folk?"

Holy shit, that's a horrible thing to say! He should have said "folk of color" and then it wouldn't be offensive anymore.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
One of my new favorite ban:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...nced-spring-2019.106539/page-17#post-19061601

User Banned (1 Week): Stereotyping of a language
I wonder how the idea for this collaboration came about. Did one of the indie devs throw the idea out there on a whim not expecting it to go anywhere, and then Miyamoto turned out to be a fan of CotND and said "Hell yes" (only it would be in Japanese, so like, "Hellfu yesfu").

:messenger_beaming:
What stupid justification for a ban, but I can't stand that guy so it's hard to feel bad for him xD

Last edited:
"Colored folk?"

Holy shit, that's a horrible thing to say! He should have said "folk of color" and then it wouldn't be offensive anymore.

I'm looking forward to the (mostly white) IdPols taking back "swarthy" down the line. They already reclaimed the n-word, so why not go full 1800s?

JordanN

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...acey-abrams-as-vp.106732/page-8#post-19080076
uiGHOUj.png

While I can see his point that Joe Biden picking a VP Black Woman could be seen as "desperate", it also shows how this whole identity politics is a complete shitshow.

Hillary never picked any minority/LGBT for her VP in 2016 but nobody gave a fuck. Joe might be looking to avoid the debates because even he knows the Democrats will argue and want to push ridiculous shit like Reparations or abolishing the Electoral College.

We live in scary times when Joe Biden might be the only voice of reason left in the Democratic party, because all the others are dead serious about pushing their SJW agenda.

Last edited:
I like how they automatically assume that he picked her just because she's black. Couldn't be because he thinks she'd be great at the job. So racist right now. I can't even....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom