• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
Why dont they ever give people warnings first instead of just banning on a first offense?

Because they’re a den of cunts who are at the very bottom of the social hierarchy in real life so they live out their power fantasies online.

Papa

Banned
Saw a post over there that really resonated, and there were definitely people agreeing with it too:

Maybe more and more people are starting to see the light. It isn't even just with politics or social justice rhetoric, but people being fed up with the overall tone of how they discuss games and the industry. It's a forum filled with people that have nothing but contempt for the industry, games, and the people who play them. I can be a negative person too on occasion and there's plenty of room for cynicism and skepticism but holy shit do they take it to the nth degree.

That isn't to say GAF and other places on the internet also don't have it's fair share of this, but I feel like a lot of that is also reactionary to the overreaction that a lot of these stories begin with. You eliminate that and the rest goes away with it.

Cynicism and skepticism are great when channeled towards humour -- think George Carlin and Bill Hicks -- but those fucks just use them to fuel their egos and persecution complexes.

A hell of a lot of that is just straight up depression, and honestly surrounding oneself with people who make your depression worse by feeding into your pathologies is a dangerous path. If someone hasn't yet committed suicide as a result of that site, someone will.

Being a bit less specific, I'd say right now it's hard for guys. Apps have shifted the goalposts in ways that the old dating sites didn't so much, partly in view of being in wider use and partly in view of being solely photo-driven. It's changed the formula. Women have always aimed to marry up socially. That's always been an option too if they're attractive enough, men are suckers in that regard, but opportunity was more limited. The dating pool they had access to still mostly contained people at their own level, and eventually they'd settle. Now, everyone's in the same pool, and that means that marrying up is a lot easier for women, especially if they're very attractive. It means the guys at the bottom of the social ladder are feeding on crumbs. What it means is that a lot of women are fighting for a small number of guys, while a lot of guys are left with nothing. It's unhealthy and will cause some big social problems, as well as an epidemic of loneliness, not just among the guys who miss out but also among the guys who figure out this shit and play the field, never having to grow up and settle down, because eventually they will get old and fat and wonder why their lives feel empty.

I'm so glad I got all that shit done in the 00s.

Imagine getting married to a woman in 2019
full

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
The most telling thing about ResetEra is quite frankly how they handle criticism. I've seen plenty of people react to the moderation, I've seen new threads opened up where people want to discuss moderation.

It gets shut down immediately. Threads about moderation get locked within a few posts, people who react to moderation in a thread get warned for "thread derailing", and in every case we're told that if we have questions about moderation we should contact a mod.

I mean, are you fucking kidding me? Can they not see what this looks like? This is just text book. And they think of themselves as the righteous ones. My god. This is a simple case of "don't ask, no questions". They don't want any dissent, they're turning into the internet equivalent of a totalitarian regime, and it's just so pitifully pathetic to watch.

And everyone else gets to be called a nazi. Fun times.

nush

BU2a1Za.png

The guys asking a question not downplaying child abuse. Jesus.
Era mods don't take any context into consideration, the just go through the report queue. That looks like sexism BANNED! They even banned a transgender person for being transphobic one time. The mind boggles that they think are going to have a limitless supply of new members to keep up with the cull rate.

Papa

Banned
Era mods don't take any context into consideration, the just go through the report queue. That looks like sexism BANNED! They even banned a transgender person for being transphobic one time. The mind boggles that they think are going to have a limitless supply of new members to keep up with the cull rate.

That was Snorwich. Neva 4get.

Shmunter

That was Snorwich. Neva 4get.

I believe I was in that thread when that nonsense went down. I couldn’t believe the bullying. Evil fuckers.

The mistake Snorwich made was thinking she can get away with thinking for herself. Identity politics is not a sport for individuals. One must be with the group think, any anomalies must be expunged.

Papa

Banned
I believe I was in that thread when that nonsense went down. I couldn’t believe the bullying. Evil fuckers.

The mistake Snorwich made was thinking she can get away with thinking for herself. Identity politics is not a sport for individuals. One must be with the group think, any anomalies must be expunged.

They’re morally justified so it doesn’t count as bullying.

Doczu

I think the bigger mistake was coming here, nagging how bad gaf is 🤷‍♂️
Like, we didn't ban you for voicing your opinion.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
They probably go easy on you because you're on their team ;)
Nah, when I got my warnings, there were a lot of postings with warnings and I got them on topics that are not that contentious (I remember the first one was for mocking religion).
Sounds like Yoshi was not leftist enough to them so he's alt-right in their book. But why why did you bother to reason with them in the first place, Yoshi Yoshi ?
There are a lot of people on the site that I like and a lot of active, interesting discussions there. Also, I tend to be pedantic.
I got temp then perm. No warnings.

You got that special treatment, this is not the norm.
Others have also gotten warnings. Nobody Important mentioned getting some, for instance.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I started assuming they're a bunch of hormonal, immature teenagers quite sole time ago. It's no wonder they're so full of shit, teenagers aren't exactly known for being rational.

Teletraan1

I remember when you couldn't support Israel here due to those extremists. Posting news about Nintendo entering the Israeli market is posting in bad faith. Sure it can be contentious but that is what a discussion forum is for. There is no discussion to be had there. What a bunch of loons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom