• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Database failure?

YjfYIOk.png

bucyou

lol did they just make their forums private?

also wtf, dundun, adblock that shit on that site

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

I was in a thread that I had open in background and it told me I had to log in when I tried to go to the next page. I thought perhaps they updated so you had to be a member to lurked. That would suck.

Kadayi

Banned
I was in a thread that I had open in background and it told me I had to log in when I tried to go to the next page. I thought perhaps they updated so you had to be a member to lurked. That would suck.

So the forums still there, but strictly private? So much for their casual lurker community...

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

So the forums still there, but strictly private? So much for their casual lurker community...
Not sure. I don't have an account so I don't know if the forums are still there and just private or if it's an error. I hope it's an error because this thread serves as excellent entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised though since Reset does know about this thread and others that mock them, so maybe they want to cut that down?

Last edited:

cormack12

Well, that will every interesting considering only 30% of total traffic were logged in members. I predict it will be back to normal wednesday morning. Plus there are enough trolls and other forum fake alts posting the stuff on archive links anyway.

Lots of old members got brainwashed
A lot of people who were deep in the dick for Hillary in 2016 literally went insane afterwards. We're seeing the results of that lately because Trump is completely hilarious in the way he actively tries to piss old Hillary worshippers off.

Grinchy

Banned
He was super calm and level headed back in the day. I guess 2015 - 2017 Neogaf and resetera have warped his mind...just like it was starting to warp my mind until I snapped out of it after reading The Last Jedi Plinkett review thread where members were having a meltdown and calling RLM alt-right.

As a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, I recognized him a lot early on when I came to GAF just because of his name/avatar. I definitely noticed his turn to the woke side in the post-Sarkeesian years.

Now he's fully transformed into a complete puppet like the ones they use on the show, except those ones say things people would want to hear.

JordanN

Banned
Smash Bros is not diverse enough. :rolleyes:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...-to-its-representation-of-women.108390/page-5

ddWwqWs.png

I've always had my disagreements with Feminism but I've stated before the biggest danger isn't actually equality, but it's when we're expected to give up power on the basis of gender.

The death march towards identity politics is quickly proving this true.

A character MUST be included because they're female, and not because of any other merits. And special preference MUST be given to them because they're female.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Smash Bros is not diverse enough. :rolleyes:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...-to-its-representation-of-women.108390/page-5

ddWwqWs.png

I've always had my disagreements with Feminism but I've stated before the biggest danger isn't actually equality, but it's when we're expected to give up power on the basis of gender.

The death march towards identity politics is quickly proving this true.

A character MUST be included because they're female, and not because of any other merits. And special preference MUST be given to them because they're female.
Hahahhaha amazing.

Not sure. I don't have an account so I don't know if the forums are still there and just private or if it's an error. I hope it's an error because this thread serves as excellent entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised though since Reset does know about this thread and others that mock them, so maybe they want to cut that down?
Ree tried to send a cease and desist to the original host of the Ree Ban Bot back in the day. They are fully aware of all the people pointing out their psychopathy and insanity.

Hi Ree! You thought you could ban me out of existence only to find that I exist more than ever! You never learned your lesson from how you tried to ban Bernie Sanders out of existence and see where that got you!

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
They never wait for the plot twists:

If she is ok with it then he didn’t force himself on her. I take it both the parties involved have a better understanding of their relationship then myself....a guy who just watched a short Twitter video.
what in the world are you talking about? if you grab someone's face while they're talking to you and kiss them, you're forcing yourself on them. not so sure you should go around doing that to your friends in hopes that they don't complain afterwards.

Should you? No.

However like I said I'm not gonna be outrage for her... when she's not.

I remember seeing this exchange and I wanted to give you guys the update in case you weren't aware.

He has also been suspended for his conduct.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/47744247

Not sure whether or not this addresses her other actions, but it is what it is I guess.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Never forget the most famous rape scene in history....

61Cn4mIoHRL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

You don't force yourself on another person without their consent. And you certainly don't do it during an on camera interview while the person is trying to be professional. Its not a hard concept to understand. I don't understand why people don't get that or feel to the need to try and make it okay. You are literally making excuses for sexual harassment and/or assault. Full stop. Also who cares what a picture from over 60yrs ago shows? That doesn't magically absolve the boxer for forcing himself onto the reporter. (Which is exactly what he did)

Last edited:

cormack12

You don't force yourself on another person without their consent.

That doesn't magically absolve the boxer for forcing himself onto the reporter. (Which is exactly what he did)

You know this woman forced herself onto someone's lap in the 'after party' where she laughed it off? I hope the guy in the vid follows her lead, based on your point of view. Unless this is the 'groping' incident she is talking about. There's also other after-fight pictures where she is caressing his toned midriff very close to 'below the belt'. Or pictures where she is purposefully groping his crotch.

I'll be honest, I think saying stuff like this is sexual abuse/harassment is way over the top. That's not to say there shouldn't be repercussions in real cases of this nature, but society seems intent to blow up things to the maximum level. The only way to do this is to label it the most extreme thing they can think of. If you see anything other than opportunism here, I think you're being deceitful. The fact that Gloria Allred is 'hired' should tell you everything you need to know - obviously needs a stepping stone back into the limelight.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

You know this woman forced herself onto someone's lap in the 'after party' where she laughed it off? I hope the guy in the vid follows her lead, based on your point of view. Unless this is the 'groping' incident she is talking about. There's also other after-fight pictures where she is caressing his toned midriff very close to 'below the belt'. Or pictures where she is purposefully groping his crotch.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll be honest, I think saying stuff like this is sexual abuse/harassment is way over the top. That's not to say there shouldn't be repercussions in real cases of this nature, but society seems intent to blow up things to the maximum level. The only way to do this is to label it the most extreme thing they can think of. If you see anything other than opportunism here, I think you're being deceitful. The fact that Gloria Allred is 'hired' should tell you everything you need to know - obviously needs a stepping stone back into the limelight.

What does any of that have to do with him forcing himself on her during the interview? Because thats why he was suspended. None of the stuff you just listed gives him a pass on that. You can't just go around forcing female reporters to kiss you during interviews after a win. It doesn't matter if they were familiar with each other or were friends behind the scenes. Would you force yourself onto any of your female/male friends? Because I sure as hell wouldn't. I don't care how well I know them.

Being friends or knowing the person doesn't magically make the need for consent disappear.

Last edited:

cormack12

What does any of that have to do with him forcing himself on her during the interview?

Normal people have relationships and friendships that spill out into the public arena. Usually these are close relationships where you've become accustomed to each other over time and know each other pretty well. Sometimes these are subtle, like reassuring link of the arms, ushering someone forward by the small of their back. What the video's and pictures show is that there is already a well established relationship of whats acceptable or not between these two individuals, that has an inordinate amount of touching and closeness. On a boxing publicity photo she feels comfortable enough to have her hand on his crotch - how is that less than a kiss? I have friends who it's OK to sit on a beach with and rest my hand on their thigh. I have friends who it's OK to kiss on the head. I have friends who I can walk around with my my arm round them. They're called human relationships. I have friends who it's OK to go out on a night out and get a bit touchy feely with. They don't have to consent to every little thing because it's predetermined in the relationship that's been defined by years prior to this. I mean, you have friends right? Like normal friends who are different - or do you just not touch anyone else because you think you're a rapist or automatically unfaithful?

Being friends or knowing the person doesn't magically make the need for consent disappear.

Can you point out where I said that please? (I'm guessing you will ignore it). I am making the point context is important, something that people of your ilk ignore, as you retch from one 'controversy' to the next. Remember Smollett. This is a direct quote from my post:

That's not to say there shouldn't be repercussions in real cases of this nature...

So I haven't given him a pass at all, have I? Do you think the man she was grinding on should file a sexual harassment case against her?

Nobody_Important

Normal people have relationships and friendships that spill out into the public arena. Usually these are close relationships where you've become accustomed to each other over time and know each other pretty well. Sometimes these are subtle, like reassuring link of the arms, ushering someone forward by the small of their back. What the video's and pictures show is that there is already a well established relationship of whats acceptable or not between these two individuals, that has an inordinate amount of touching and closeness. On a boxing publicity photo she feels comfortable enough to have her hand on his crotch - how is that less than a kiss? I have friends who it's OK to sit on a beach with and rest my hand on their thigh. I have friends who it's OK to kiss on the head. I have friends who I can walk around with my my arm round them. They're called human relationships. I have friends who it's OK to go out on a night out and get a bit touchy feely with. They don't have to consent to every little thing because it's predetermined in the relationship that's been defined by years prior to this. I mean, you have friends right? Like normal friends who are different - or do you just not touch anyone else because you think you're a rapist or automatically unfaithful?

Can you point out where I said that please? (I'm guessing you will ignore it). I am making the point context is important, something that people of your ilk ignore, as you retch from one 'controversy' to the next. Remember Smollett. This is a direct quote from my post:

So I haven't given him a pass at all, have I? Do you think the man she was grinding on should file a sexual harassment case against her?

If she had no problem with it and this was only the media acting outraged over it then I would see where you are coming from, but she clearly was not okay with it and neither was the California State Athletic Commission which is why he was suspended for it. Do relationships like what you describe exist? Absolutely. I am not saying they don't, but clearly their relationship was not like that in her opinion and she did not give him consent to do that to her so that puts him in the wrong.

Now if she changes her mind and decides its not a big deal after having more time to think about it then that is her decision and I will respect that decision, but if she calls foul I have respect that decision as well.

Last edited:

Shmunter

You don't force yourself on another person without their consent. And you certainly don't do it during an on camera interview while the person is trying to be professional. Its not a hard concept to understand. I don't understand why people don't get that or feel to the need to try and make it okay. You are literally making excuses for sexual harassment and/or assault. Full stop. Also who cares what a picture from over 60yrs ago shows? That doesn't magically absolve the boxer for forcing himself onto the reporter. (Which is exactly what he did)

Moments of complete elation or unbridled bliss causes people to lash out with passion. Haven’t you ever been to e.g a New Years event that goes off so well that the vibe on the clock just makes people pash the closest single next to them?

Events bigger then life have these sorts of effects on people. And if someone should get caught in it unwittingly, please just move on without some kind of PTSD from it.

The human population is doomed, the PC outrage will turn us all into depressed robots who can’t even look each other in the eyes. People cannot become so fragile. However I’m convinced it’s mostly fake to obtain some gain.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Moments of complete elation or unbridled bliss causes people to lash out with passion. Haven’t you ever been to e.g a New Years event that goes off so well that the vibe on the clock just makes people pash the closest single next to them?

Events bigger then life have these sorts of effects on people. And if someone should get caught in it unwittingly, please just move on without some kind of PTSD from it.

The human population is doomed, the PC outrage will turn us all into depressed robots who can’t even look each other in the eyes. People cannot become so fragile. However I convinced it’s mostly fake to obtain some gain.

Being in a celebratory mood doesn't mean consent is no longer required. Also your New Years example relies on both individuals being overcome with euphoria. Thats not what happened here. This was a one sided reaction on his part.

Last edited:

cormack12

If she had no problem with it and this was only the media acting outraged over it then I would see where you are coming from, but she clearly was not okay with it and neither was the California State Athletic Commission which is why he was suspended for it. Do relationships like what you describe exist? Absolutely. I am not saying they don't, but clearly their relationship was not like that in her opinion and she did not give him consent to do that to her so that puts him in the wrong.

Now if she changes her mind and decides its not a big deal then that is her decision and I respect that decision, but if she calls foul I also respect that decision as well.

Your first point is where context applies then. Would a traumatised woman really go and behave the way she did after a kiss she didn't want? Would she pose for picture shoots afterwards gripping his rippling six pack? The multiple pictures prove their relationship was like that. she has initiated the contact in all of them. The Californian SAC have suspended him until he goes to see them and clear up what happened, not because they agree or disagree with the scenario. He has refused to go so there is no gotcha. I would also point out this is California only.

Being in a celebratory mood doesn't mean consent is no longer required.

I really thought you were better than that. You have ignored the questions I have asked you. Its all there in black and white. You don't want to answer obvious questions that weaken your point because you're too fragile to open a wider debate. Probably why you try to reduce it down to such a non-controversial blurb. No-one would ever dispute the importance of 'consent' - but to you, the form of consent is something that is tangible and very obvious. What about 'kiss a stranger' on NYE? It's almost expected, does that mean you are obligated to kiss someone that is ugly? Does it mean you should expect to have someone lean in and go for it at midnight? How does this work with consent?

For posterity, the questions you have avoided are:

Do you think the man she was grinding on should file a sexual harassment case against her? (additional: Would you support him doing so?)
Can you point out where I said that please?

Until you answer those two questions and do not run from them, then.......

tenor.gif

You do not offer the intellectual stimulation required for this conversation.

Edit: I missed this sorry

Being in a celebratory mood doesn't mean consent is no longer required.

Also your New Years example relies on both individuals being overcome with euphoria. Thats not what happened here. This was a one sided reaction on his part.

'Euphoria' // 'Celebratory'

Euphoria: the experience (or affect) of pleasure or excitement and intense feelings of well-being and happiness.
Celebratory: feeling or expressing happiness and pride.

You make a point in every topic of hiding behind not giving your own opinions. You position yourself as upholding the 'right' side of the argument. Which is why you speak generally and redirect questioning back without ever opening yourself up to being debated. But let me ask you something N_I - you acknowledge the 'signal of consent' is diminished for NYE, yes. That much is obvious.

So, here we go. N_I has kissed a stranger spontaneously when the ball has dropped in Times Sq. You're both laughing and having a good time;
Next day you wake up and have a sexual harassment case filed against you for kissing this man;
Prove to me there was consent there. Beyond reasonable doubt. Prove to me you're not a sexual harasser. Prove to me, something tangible in that moment that was implied consent;
You didn't exchange words, furtive glances etc. it was purely in the moment.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Being in a celebratory mood doesn't mean consent is no longer required. Also your New Years example relies on both individuals being overcome with euphoria. Thats not what happened here. This was a one sided reaction on his part.

He was carried away. He did not intend to harm her. Apologise and move on.

Stop holding something that should be laughed off as a silly gaf as some kind of a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom