• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudhoney

J-Rzez said:
Where are the numbers so I know which systems I'm allowed to have fun with this month? Apparently by the rumblings, I'm not allowed to have fun on a 360 and PS3 correct?

oh geez.

I haven't seen numbers yet, but if Sony's numbers are low, that means they had one bad month or may be few. How in the hell can you guys be ****ing sure that this same trend will continue in future?

Everybody knows that good games are in pipeline. They aren't just ready yet.

In any case, actual number thread will be fun to read.

HomShaBom

Banned
sfagshd8.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Holy shit. If the hardware numbers I just saw at the Other Another forums are real... PSP and PS3 got ROCKED. Especially the PS3. :eek:

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Saitou said:
He'd be like Monorojo, except he wouldn't get banned =/

I can do without that.

Shane knows a shitton about video games and the industry in general. I would love it if shane posted here.

Jiggy

skinnyrattler said:
Yeah, but look at both ends. DS finally got America to let it do anal. And w/o lube. Maybe I missed last month or I'm forgetting but I've been waiting for America to turn it's back on the GBA. And what the **** is coming out for the GBA to warrant those numbers?
Well, there was Final Fantasy VI. Don't know how many that could have sold to who wouldn't have already gotten one for the other three FF games, though.

But yeah, great to finally see the embracing of the DS.

MirageDwarf said:
I haven't seen numbers yet, but if Sony's numbers are low, that means they had one bad month or may be few. How in the hell can you guys be ****ing sure that this same trend will continue in future?

No game is going to save a $600 console.

LukeSmith

Listen guys, Wal-Mart sold A LOT of PS3s, the Wal-Marts by my house are all totally sold out, so the NPD numbers are probably only half of what Sony sold. In other news, all the Wal-Marts by my house are totally stocked with 360s.
/FortifiedConcept

Yea, Shane should definitely start posting here, even though by his comments I don't think he cares much about the opinions of GAF users :lol

duk

Banned
MirageDwarf said:

have u seen the media create numbers since launch?

LukeSmith said:
Listen guys, Wal-Mart sold A LOT of PS3s, the Wal-Marts by my house are all totally sold out, so the NPD numbers are probably only half of what Sony sold. In other news, all the Wal-Marts by my house are totally stocked with 360s.
/FortifiedConcept

Don't forget the Mom & Pops.

Saitou

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Shane knows a shitton about video games and the industry in general. I would love it if shane posted here.
Eh, I meant specific to current NPD threads >_>

SO HOW BOUT THOSE PS3S HUH?
seinfield.jpg

LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

Wow, this thread is going to be great.

pilonv1

LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

Don't forget the Playstation 3 Hut.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

oh now you're just being mean :lol

andthebeatgoeson

I just saw Jesus himself. He was trying to debate how the PS3-PS2 is similar to early DS-GBA. Actually, his name was Mono. But still, wow. It's the exact same effect. Just wow.

GhaleonEB

argon said:
It isn't listed, but from what we know Canadian sales for both PSP and GBA are between 6-12k.
Well, the PSP is "rapidly closing the gap" with the DS according to Sony last month. So we can expect to to be even closer, if not ahead.

:lol

LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

And then add in the playstation hut sales!

psplounge%20igloo_qjgenth.jpg
:lol

JB1981

LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

Actually Nintendo fans only make that argument.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
LukeSmith said:
/FortifiedConcept

But how does the GameCube hut figure into all of this hmm??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom