• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bunkum said:
Come on sonycowboy, nearly ate all my popcorn

I've heard neither hide nor hair officially. Unofficially, I've heard that the numbers have an air of significant believability around them.

I'll post a new thread once the numbers are official, as the results released at 4:00 aren't considered such for a variety of reasons. However, they rarely change.

LJ11

Karma Kramer said:
So 129k + X = 420k

X = 300k?

I would be very suprised if Xbox 360 sold that well in Feb.

I am expecting around 200k-250k.

Your expectation should be somewhere in the middle.

_leech_ said:
If hardware sales get really bad it'll just mean i'll be getting a cheaper PS3 in the Fall. Competition's awesome.

Well, Sony has been boasting these cost cutting measures for a while now; removal of EE chip, reduction of Cell cost, and I assume the price for BR player components are steadily decreasing. I guess it depends on how fast all of this becomes production standard, but there is also the PR hell of cutting costs this early. Don't want to look too desperate and undermine the perceived value of the system.

That, and it'd piss me off something fierce.

bud

LukeSmith said:
Are you ****ing kidding dude? We haven't recorded yet, I've got numbers galore in front of me.

This will be on the show.

DON'T FORGET TO SAY: IT WAS SENT TO DIE

PleoMax

Banned
_leech_ said:
If hardware sales get really bad it'll just mean i'll be getting a cheaper PS3 in the Fall. Competition's awesome.

Here they come.

9d6d7d2822.gif

GhaleonEB said:
No, we had last month as well. And two months makes....a trend. And trends are hard to reverse.

But let's save this for the actual thread SC posts. On with the vauge hinting!

WOWOWOWOW

I'm guessing you haven't browsed through a lot of Media Create threads, people always try to make one week trends.

andthebeatgoeson

The Sphinx said:
Lots of people gonna be concentrating near the bottom of the chart. Some shock and disbelief needs to be reserved for the top of the chart.

Really, wow.
Yeah, but look at both ends. DS finally got America to let it do anal. And w/o lube. Maybe I missed last month or I'm forgetting but I've been waiting for America to turn it's back on the GBA. And what the **** is coming out for the GBA to warrant those numbers? New Super Mary Kate and Ashley Sisters?

I would actually buy that game if it had the same gameplay but instead of mini-mary, like a skinny one that has to snort a line before she can go skinny. Then she pulls a Super Paper Mario and turn sideways and disappears into another dimension. Have her go to a club and jump-stomp on multiple Lohans and Parises. Sweet.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Um, math willard, where did you get 420k from?

I read somewhere on the last page that the Wii sold that much.... probably my mistake.

I knew 300k would be impossible for the 360 in Feb. Its probably between 200-250k... like I said.

Haunted

If these numbers are true... HOLY ****ING CRAP.

It's suicide watch time for Sony fans alright.

/LukeSmith

homez99 said:
My first NPD since I became a member of this wondrous GAF land, and by the looks of it I should avoid NPD threads so I don't get banned in the crossfire, and just gently peruse them at my leisure.

You're learning very quickly my young Padowan....... :)

J-Rzez

Where are the numbers so I know which systems I'm allowed to have fun with this month? Apparently by the rumblings, I'm not allowed to have fun on a 360 and PS3 correct?

skinnyrattler said:
And what the **** is coming out for the GBA to warrant those numbers? New Super Mary Kate and Ashley Sisters?

Cheap, robust handheld + huge library of games = warranting those numbers.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
J-Rzez said:
Where are the numbers so I know which systems I'm allowed to have fun with this month? Apparently by the rumblings, I'm not allowed to have fun on a 360 and PS3 correct?

1 for 2. 50% accuracy isn't too bad I guess.

Bah, and I just bought my PS3 in March. Oh well, at least I won a 360 and Wii as well. I've been butt raped by all three consoles this time around.

andthebeatgoeson

vasuba said:
Sony is "Shipping" 100,000 Units a week to North America supposedly so the numbers sold would be a Megaton cause that would be hard facts that boxes are gathering lots of dust.

As far as the Wii its definetly not like any other recently launched console. it continues to be the fastest selling ever
I wish they were. I'd drive cross country taking pictures. @1,200 a pop, 400K minus X=Y Y*1200....that's...wow...that's almost a record setting powerball/mega millions ticket. Wow. Tretton would make me a rich bitch.

Frenck said:
If Crackdown is the best selling game of February my faith in the industry will be restored.

judging from some of the predictions, I wouldn't count out Wii Play. $40 controller with a $10 game ftw?

Norse

LukeSmith said:
Are you ****ing kidding dude? We haven't recorded yet, I've got numbers galore in front of me.

This will be on the show.

then by god you best do your best howard cosell and chant "down goes frazer....DOWN GOES FRAZER!" LOL

Shane is so going to wear his nintendo clothes this week. hehe

One Question: will there be a new thread when the numbers are out or will it be in this thread? Or will it be the clusterfukc like last month with one thread that has some numbers, another thread with numbers, 3 days no numbers, then a official thread with numbers everybody allready knows?

I would scan this thread for the anwser, but GAF is to damn slow to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom