• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Well, if those leaked numbers are to be believed, not exactly the true megaton. Something like 76K would be megaton. But it's not. Just shows that interest is waning and the price is a huge barrier. Thank god. America done did right.

And if the 360 numbers are to be believed, price is still a factor. Especially with all these games rocketing up. I wonder what Crackdown did. Apparently, very good. Wow. Oh, and wii is firing it's primary engine.

And America has embraced the DS. Oh, and the Wii is no different than any other recently launched console. Well, except for having a must-have, damn-near-best-game-of-all-time at launch. And Zelda to boot. (see what I did there?).

Scotch

You know, I'm laughing because I'm about to witness one of the best threads in weeks, but I'm actually not happy at all.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
meltpotato said:
regardless of whether they care or not, i just don't see them being able to. they are gonna have to go with a slow burn until they can afford a drop and do lots of value-adds, i.e. low-cost/free DLC. dropping the price this early could hurt more than it helps image-wise. i'd say it's safe to assume that most people intend to get a ps3 but will just wait until its in a good place and semi-affordable.

I think they're screwed either way. I think they NEED Playstation 3 to do well to help in the long term and to push Blu-Ray, but they also can't take that kind of hit in the short term. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Kutaragi really left a gigantic mess.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
LukeSmith said:
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL

GoFreak, Wollan, Fortified Concept on Suicide Watch

Don't you mean

GoFreak, Wollan, Fortified Concept on Uber damage control

I wonder if their keyboards will be able to handle the stress about to be put on them :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
The only real shocking thing is how the Wii keeps selling despite having **** for games on the system. Nintendo is going to kill the games industry.

Stop with that meme. The industry thrives on game sales, not console sales. And the xbox 360 moves games . . . at $60. What are the big big sellers? Gears, Lost Planet, Rainbow Six, Crackdown, etc. Nintendo is adding to the industry, not taking away from it.

Wieviel noch ?

It is just incredible how better is the Wii doing in contrast to the Gamecube and even to the competition (Xbox360 is doing really good in USA btw).
Same thing for the Nintendo DS.

Saitou

Banned
skinnyrattler said:
Well, if those leaked numbers are to be believed, not exactly the true megaton. Something like 76K would be megaton. But it's not. Just shows that interest is waning and the price is a huge barrier. Thank god. America done did right.

And if the 360 numbers are to be believed, price is still a factor. Especially with all these games rocketing up. I wonder what Crackdown did. Apparently, very good. Wow. Oh, and wii is firing it's primary engine.

And America has embraced the DS. Oh, and the Wii is no different than any other recently launched console. Well, except for having a must-have, damn-near-best-game-of-all-time at launch. And Zelda to boot. (see what I did there?).
EXCITE!!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This thread is going to be hilarious for about 10 more pages.....then the trolling and spinning will start :/

homez99

My first NPD since I became a member of this wondrous GAF land, and by the looks of it I should avoid NPD threads so I don't get banned in the crossfire, and just gently peruse them at my leisure.

Norse

PleoMax said:
Don't underestimate the Spin Skills of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse.

(there's a fourth one yes, and he shall show thy face when the time to spin comes, gimme an L, gimme 2 ees, etc)

Have you not seen the blu ray threads and Mark Reign threads, etc...they are all strategically laid, all leading to this thread.

LOL....yeah, you got that right.

GhaleonEB

Tieno said:
Lets not go completely overboard....it's still only 1 month.
No, we had last month as well. And two months makes....a trend. And trends are hard to reverse.

But let's save this for the actual thread SC posts. On with the vauge hinting!

WOWOWOWOW

andthebeatgoeson

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I think they're screwed either way. I think they NEED Playstation 3 to do well to help in the long term and to push Blu-Ray, but they also can't take that kind of hit in the short term. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Pretty much. It's such a cluster****. Bluray. If we can assume the premium comes from BluRay and how they are hog-tied to it, they are ****ed. They are stuck. Well, stuck with the position of removing other things just to break even.

Y2Kevbug11 said:

eh... i think Sony will be fine. I'm sure they have a slow-burn strategy internally. my real worry is for the 3rd party pubs/devs and the overall performance of an industry that has built itself around what the ps2 turned into. that has pretty much been the sum of my ps3 concerns since last e3 (that and the fact that i want to play mgs4 like yesterday :D )

FrankT

Man this better make 1up yours tomorrow and I don't want to hear Shane trolling the 360. He better get on point, quick.

vasuba

Banned
skinnyrattler said:

Sony is "Shipping" 100,000 Units a week to North America supposedly so the numbers sold would be a Megaton cause that would be hard facts that boxes are gathering lots of dust.

As far as the Wii its definetly not like any other recently launched console. it continues to be the fastest selling ever

Kosma

Banned
If true:

bill5_1.jpg

Evlar

Banned
Lots of people gonna be concentrating near the bottom of the chart. Some shock and disbelief needs to be reserved for the top of the chart.

Really, wow.

I'm just happy that Twilight Princess is selling well in the United States, because the game deserves it. After 4 years of development, we can safely say that it is a game that we cannot say every year. I just hope it will surpass Ocarina of Time in the States (worldwide, I doubt it because of Japan).

Y2Kev

meltpotato said:
eh... i think Sony will be fine. I'm sure they have a slow-burn strategy internally. my real worry is for the 3rd party pubs/devs and the overall performance of an industry that has built itself around what the ps2 turned into. that has pretty much been the sum of my ps3 concerns since last e3 (that and the fact that i want to play mgs4 like yesterday :D )

I'm not positive they have a strategy. If you look at the Stringer article that was posted a few weeks ago, Sony is an internal mess with no communication and no "synergy."

I don't really want to get banned and I'm breaking my own self-imposed "stay away from sales threads" decree, but I do want to see how Crackdown sold cause I liked it.

Mar

skinnyrattler said:
Pretty much. It's such a cluster****. Bluray. If we can assume the premium comes from BluRay and how they are hog-tied to it, they are ****ed. They are stuck. Well, stuck with the position of removing other things just to break even.

Yeah, they are really paying for their trojan horse now. Although I'm not sure Sony really cares. After all, if they win the format war because of PS3, they will make a shit tonne of cash. It's just a pity it comes at the expense of the worldwide gaming community.

909er

Karma Kramer said:
So 129k + X = 420k

X = 300k?

I would be very suprised if Xbox 360 sold that well in Feb.

I am expecting around 200k-250k.

Both the X and Wii number there are wrong if the numbers are real.

LukeSmith

Jtyettis said:
Man this better make 1up yours tomorrow and I don't want to hear Shane trolling the 360. He better get on point, quick.

Are you ****ing kidding dude? We haven't recorded yet, I've got numbers galore in front of me.

This will be on the show.

Y2Kev

Karma Kramer said:
So 129k + X = 420k

X = 300k?

I would be very suprised if Xbox 360 sold that well in Feb.

I am expecting around 200k-250k.

Um, math willard, where did you get 420k from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom