• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official January NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Amir0x said:
MATHEMATICS NPD STYLE:

#1 Wii is roughly 41,100 ahead of #2
#2 DS is roughly 101,300 ahead of #3
#3 PS3 is roughly 35,200 ahead of #4
#4 PS2 is roughly 35,786 ahead of #5
#5 360 is roughly 53,300 ahead of #6
#6 PSP is roughly 17,600 ahead of #7
#7 GBA is roughly 117,700 ahead of #8
#8 GCN is roughly 27,900 ahead of #9
#9 Xbox is exactly 1,099.

FIGURE THE MATH.

*busts out MS Calculator*

OH WE'LL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS!

Blimey. If they do hold up, then that's a hell of a performance from both Wii and DS & a surprisingly strong showing from PS3. PSP and 360... well, not great, really.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amir0x said:
MATHEMATICS NPD STYLE:

#1 Wii is roughly 41,100 ahead of #2
#2 DS is roughly 101,300 ahead of #3
#3 PS3 is roughly 35,200 ahead of #4
#4 PS2 is roughly 35,786 ahead of #5
#5 360 is roughly 53,300 ahead of #6
#6 PSP is roughly 17,600 ahead of #7
#7 GBA is roughly 117,700 ahead of #8
#8 GCN is roughly 27,900 ahead of #9
#9 Xbox is exactly 1,099.

FIGURE THE MATH.
Sure, if the Xbox really did sell that many. :lol

<3 bunkum :lol

RubxQub said:
I'm sorry to have linked vgcharts...but this seems justified in my opinion...

I'm really pissed that GAF didn't get these first, especially considering bunkum came in here and jerked us around.

1. You want him banned?
2. They're fake.

If they are real, I'm feeling a little nervous about the 360 right now. The Game Boy Advance is almost competing with it.

As for the PSP...Sony, please drop the price and come out with a remake. There's still a chance it can live alongside the DS, but future success depends on making a change NOW.

Nintendo...thank you for letting me be a part of the winning team once again. :D

Leonsito

1. bunkum types random numbers in vgcharts
2. vgcharts linked in gaf
3. gaf madness
4. vgcharts killed
5. numbers spread like a virus
6. ...
7. profit

Ikael

Welcome to bizarro world

carne.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
from here on out, we should do NPD math every time the numbers are ACTUALLY released though. It's a game. First person to figure it out gets a free copy of Superman 64.

Leonsito said:
1. bunkum types random numbers in vgcharts
2. vgcharts linked in gaf
3. gaf madness
4. vgcharts killed
5. numbers spread like a virus
6. ...
7. profit
Amirox kinda confirmed the Beyond3D numbers just now.

I'm personally irritated that the article posted two pages ago calls VGCharts numbers real. Especially the part where they say he uses 'public data' as part of his computations, when it's in fact copyrighted data.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Amir0x said:
from here on out, we should do NPD math every time the numbers are ACTUALLY released though. It's a game. First person to figure it out gets a free copy of Superman 64.
That's a great idea. This is why I'm voting for you as Mod of the Year.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I feel like I just got raped...but somehow consented to it if that makes any sense.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cosmonaut X said:
"Wonderdave - Junior Member"

Yeah...

I don't generally agree with the < 100 posts = idiot meme, but in this case, he's making a major case for it. Check out his trollish history if you can stomach it.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Agent Icebeezy said:
so no real numbers yet?

It seems Patcher was optomistic about what the PS3 would sell, and the difference between the PS3 and 360 is minimal.

It will take a huge trend change for the PS3 to have chance at getting close to the 360's install base in North America.

PantherLotus said:
I don't generally agree with the < 100 posts = idiot meme, but in this case, he's making a major case for it. Check out his trollish history if you can stomach it.

True that, some mod look at that guy.

lix2k3

I just can't believe those numbers. Seriously, that would be the craziest set of npd numbers in months. The 360 just burned down the month of December and then....nah, I'm calling bunkum's bluff. Legend or not...that may not even be him for all we know. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom