• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official January NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like this shit happens every other month. Media Create and Famitsu get us our numbers every week without fail - aside from the occasional holiday.

GAF should unite to form a company to compete with NPD. To those that laugh at armchair analysts...shh! Michael Pachter is no better than the rest. All we need to do is find a way to collect data from a collection of retailers and come up with our own bizarro extrapolation algorithms for the rest.

Ok...somebody do it.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Forgotten Ancient said:
It seems like this shit happens every other month. Media Create and Famitsu get us our numbers every week without fail - aside from the occasional holiday.

GAF should unite to form a company to compete with NPD. To those that laugh at armchair analysts...shh! Michael Pachter is no better than the rest. All we need to do is find a way to collect data from a collection of retailers and come up with our own bizarro extrapolation algorithms for the rest.

Ok...somebody do it.

That'd take lots of work. It's much easier to complain that the people who do all the work won't give us the information.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Also, wouldn't SC have changed the thread title by now? He did it in the last thread...

GreenGlowingGoo said:
That'd take lots of work. It's much easier to complain that the people who do all the work won't give us the information.

Don't kill my dream of getting another free source of sales that I have to do no work for. :(

Forgotten Ancient said:

Just for clarification. The numbers weren't delayed last week. January was extended to a 5 week month instead of 4, which happens every 6-7 years or so, because 52 weeks * 7 days a week is a day off of the actual 365 days in a year. If they had come out today, they would have been on time. But they're delayed until Tuesday by multiple reports.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Forgotten Ancient said:
Don't kill my dream of getting another free source of sales that I have to do no work for. :(
Just use the source that GameDaily calls "the best good faith effort yet".

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sonycowboy said:
Just for clarification. The numbers weren't delayed last week. January was extended to a 5 week month instead of 4, which happens every 6-7 years or so, because 52 weeks * 7 days a week is a day off of the actual 365 days in a year. If they had come out today, they would have been on time. But they're delayed until Tuesday by multiple reports.

You're the one with the direct contact to the NPD group why don't you just ask them?

Burnst

sonycowboy said:

So, this is fake?

Burnst said:
Wow, Wii 1, DS 2..

donny2112

BorkBork said:
They referenced VGCharts on page 2. :lol

:lol

I always thought GameDaily seemed a little less professional than Next-Gen or Gamasutra.

Hey guys! I can write video game titles in all CAPS!

360 LOST PLANET
360 GEARS OF WAR
NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
PS2 FINAL FANTASY XII
WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS

This thread is going to be fun to go through next Tuesday to pick out the actual predictions from. :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fredrik said:
Don't know if they're valid but I just saw some figures on vgchart. Wii > DS > PS3 > PS2 > 360
Crucify him! CRUCIFY HIM!

RubxQub

Crom said:
Console numbers not delayed. I have them if Sonycowboy will let me post
?!?!?!?

Taurus

Crom said:
Console numbers not delayed. I have them if Sonycowboy will let me post
Raw64life said:
Hardware numbers are out. Pretty sure I can't post them tho.
! :O

c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098ps2.gif

Crom

In order of units sold. (won't give numbers unless Sonycowboy says its alright

Wii
Nintendo DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 2
Xbox 360
PlayStation Portable
Game Boy Advance
GameCube
Xbox

RubxQub

Crom said:

Wii
Nintendo DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 2
Xbox 360
PlayStation Portable
Game Boy Advance
GameCube
Xbox
Tell me this isn't VGCharts

GhaleonEB

Crom said:

Wii
Nintendo DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 2
Xbox 360
PlayStation Portable
Game Boy Advance
GameCube
Xbox
You gotta be kidding me.

Grecco

Crom said:

Wii
Nintendo DS
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 2
Xbox 360
PlayStation Portable
Game Boy Advance
GameCube
Xbox

These are the VG Charts numbers?

RubxQub

Wtf...

In the VGCharts boards bunkum posted the NPD numbers...

vgcharts

Edit: They removed his numbers

B E N K E

If true, MS needs to act soon with a price cut. Even if the actual numbers are close it has to sting being number 5 in the US.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit, just saw the numbers, and PS3 did better than I thought. Not too far behind Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom