• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official June 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Odysseus said:
that's not incredibly good, you know. given how software sales for most games are front loaded.

edit: but it is understandable since the game is old news.

Even if it cut off 150k, that's pretty damn good for a re-released game. Especially on Wii. You know, third parties and all that.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
RumpledForeskin said:
Those numbers cannot be right. I refuse to believe even with a price drop sales didn't take off. Are you sure thats not just the guys prediction like everyone else?

what price drop? I didn´t see a price drop, I saw an "added value".. but the price was still the same.. right?

(you were talking about the ps3 right?):lol

laserbeam

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Matt just made an official post. If he's wrong, that's a big gaffe.

I think the issue is more Matt if true violated the NPD Embargo. Sites posting the information can get into alot of legal issues

[Nintex]

Game Over

Seriously, MS and Sony should go back to the drawing boards and do this gen all over. The Wii is selling this good with mediocre titles like Mario Party and Wii Play. Imagine Smash Bros. and Mario.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man please change your avatar, I'll pay you, it is so creepy, oh man turn it off....

Dude I spent 5 minutes making that! I'm keeping it until the end of time/until I watch something else that's cool

Well that Mario Party real estate board is a mean addition to an already solid mini-game fest.

Eh.

Polari said:
Weird, isn't it?

Yes. As someone who owns all next-gen platforms I don't know if I should laugh, cry, or pull my pants on my head and run around the streets naked screaming PARTYYY PARTYYYY HERE IS MARIO PARTYYYY

My predictions

[NDS] 507,780
[WII] 403,934
[PSP] 265,344
[PS2] 78,563
[360] 185,918
[PS3] 97,925
[GBA] 96,665
[NGC] 10,000

I was semi close on most, but WAYY off on PS2. I must have made a numbers error, or last month was completely different for PS2. All I did was take last months numbers and multiply by 1.2.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Moz La Punk said:
BTW from the person in the other thread that said Matt had a weird name. C'mon how can you find his name hard. Are you guys dumb? It's Matt CassamasidamassamidasaaaaaADFMLNAFKLJFL:K ohhhh **** OFF N/M

I thought it was Matt "nmkl pjkl ftmch" ;)

(let´s see if someone reacts to this) :D

Father_Brain said:
A few months back, Geoff Keighley claimed to have heard that some publishers were considering axing PS3 versions of multiplatform games if the system spent three consecutive months below 100K.

PS3 has now done so, but somehow I don't actually expect this to happen.

I said back then that they don't have the balls.

Chiggs

[Nintex] said:
Game Over

Seriously, MS and Sony should go back to the drawing boards and do this gen all over. The Wii is selling this good with mediocre titles like Mario Party and Wii Play. Imagine Smash Bros. and Mario.

To some, this might seem like a kneejerk reaction, but you're right on the money. I never saw Nintendomination coming. I laughed my ass off at them @ E3 2005/2006, and now look where they're at.

Jammy

Banned
Mrbob said:
Look at those PSP and PS2 sales.

People will buy the PS3 when the price is right.

It will probably be too late by then, just like it's too late for PSP.

EDIT: Those Wii software sales are HUGE.

Mario Party 8 selling nearly 500,000? Wii Play nearly selling 300,000? RE4: Wii does 150,000? Pokemon does 157,000?

KevinRo

Mario Party 8 has sold 740 000 copies over the past 2 months with June numbers even better than May numbers!!

Mario Party 8 will be the next Wii million copy seller in the United States.

Odysseus said:
that's not incredibly good, you know. given how software sales for most games are front loaded.

...and since Capcom's expectations for the game's worldwide sales were, what, 460k? On these numbers, plus the latest Famitsu sales, it has done around 260k already in just two of the three main territories and seems to be selling decently in Europe as well.

[Nintex] said:
Game Over

Sony sold more then 500k. WTF are you saying ? Don't be that alarmist.

Haunted

KevinRo said:
Mario Party 8 has sold 740 000 copies over the past 2 months with June numbers even better than May numbers!!

well deserved. **** the haters. :D :D

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
[Nintex] said:
Game Over

But still, PS3 and 360 are getting the lions share of games coming out. To play some of the industrys blockbusters, you have to buy one of these...

The Wii is having a price advantage now, it will be interesting to see when price cuts arrive..

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
caruso.gif

I love that movie.

Holy Shit at Mario party. Holy shit.

Odysseus said:

They've been hard to find after about a week. Capcom undershipped. They were sold out on Amazon for nearly a week.

Hollywood_mIRC said:
My predictions

[NDS] 507,780
[WII] 403,934
[PSP] 265,344
[PS2] 78,563
[360] 185,918
[PS3] 97,925
[GBA] 96,665
[NGC] 10,000

I was semi close on most, but WAYY off on PS2. I must have made a numbers error, or last month was completely different for PS2. All I did was take last months numbers and multiply by 1.2.

PS2 has never been below 100k. You ****ed up bigtime.

fernoca

KevinRo said:

Actually..
May numbers only had a week of sales, since the game was released at the end of the month...

rs7k

Father_Brain said:
A few months back, Geoff Keighley claimed to have heard that some publishers were considering axing PS3 versions of multiplatform games if the system spent three consecutive months below 100K.

PS3 has now done so, but somehow I don't actually expect this to happen.

Of course they won't yet. Sony has finally dropped the price, but if sales in July, August, and September fail to increase significantly, I'd be surprised if PS3 projects didn't get cancelled. Everyone's waiting for the next NPD.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Those Mario Party sales are insane too. It'll easily pass a million. A shame that it's such a wretched series.

Under the assumption that May was a four week month for NPD and June was five weeks:

May American HW Sales (Weekly Avg.)
DS: 105,788
WII: 84,570
PSP: 55,280
PS2: 46,941
360: 38,733
PS3: 20,401
GBA: 20,139

June American HW Sales (Weekly Avg.)
DS: 112,200
WII: 76,356
PSP: 58,020
PS2: 54,152
360: 39,688
GBA: 22,774
PS3: 19,694

%age Increase/Decrease in Avg. Weekly HW Sales from May to June
DS: +6.1%
WII: -9.7%
PSP: +5.0%
PS2: +15.4%
360: +2.5%
GBA: +13.1%
PS3: -3.5%

laserbeam

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Sony sold more then 500k. WTF are you saying ? Don't be that alarmist.

it sold the bulk of its sales on prior gen systems. when people say this gen is over they mean PS3 is up shit creek and is having to use its hands to paddle

laserbeam said:
I think the issue is more Matt if true violated the NPD Embargo. Sites posting the information can get into alot of legal issues

Matt fired would vreate a 100 billions pages thread with Pandas, Cats, Dogs, Luigis and shitloads of photoshop'screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom