• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
fabs115 said:
just a little more than an hour to go, get your popcorn ready, this should be legendary

More like 3 hours.

I prefer cashews to popcorn. But you gotta make sure not to eat too many.

Empty_One

donny2112 said:
The March 2007 NPD report should be released next Thursday, April 19th @ 4:30 p.m. EDT. The March reporting period is five weeks, March 4 - April 7.

According to the OP, it should come down in a little over an hour. Still a little early to pop the corn though, I'll agree

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Empty_One said:
According to the OP, it should come down in a little over an hour. Still a little early to pop the corn though, I'll agree

That's when its released, but GAF doesn't get the numbers until a few hours later.

Mononofu

Vrolokus said:
PS3 sales > 360 sales in March is totally ricockulous.

But I'd almost like to see it, just because NeoGAF would look like Xerxes' harem for 2 weeks: midget tumblers, goat-headed lute players and all.

:lol

That will be a glorious day.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
oo Kosma oo said:
Ok so how many hours left?

Need to go to sleep soon!

3 hours or so, unless sony cowboy gets stuck in traffic.

thefro

I don't see any evidence out in the field for a PS3 surge... it'll be interesting to see the numbers. Of course I thought I saw some signs of PS3 getting a little momentum in February but that turned out to be dead wrong.

The first week of April being in the numbers will definitely help Wii sales as there was a big restock then at several places.

rhino4evr

so...about an hour till magic time, any last minute predictions? Not sure if Nintendo can live up to the estimated numbers, but we'll see.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
rhino4evr said:
so...about an hour till magic time, any last minute predictions? Not sure if Nintendo can live up to the estimated numbers, but we'll see.
no. for like the 18th time, about 3 hours.

Amir0x

Banned
PS3: 9,000
GBA: 160,000
Wii: Eleventy Billion
360: 280,000
PS2: 245,000
DS: Seven and a half Trillion
PSP: 210,000

The market's closed, the report released, and the contest over. Any submissions or edits after this point will not be eligible. ;)

Lo-Volt

sonycowboy said:
The market's closed, the report released, and the contest over. Any submissions or edits after this point will not be eligible. ;)

What about the fifteen minute settlement period?

Ikael

Any comments about it? do you think that it will lead to a GAF meltdown or that we will just say "meh" as everything stays more or less the same as the previous month?

DS: Ridiculous
PSP: Pathetic
Wii: Too much
PS3: Too little
360: Still not enough
PS2: Enough is enough
GBA: Still more than enough

Link

The Autumn Wind
Someone now needs to take everyone's estimates and average them out to see how close the forum comes as a collective.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
RubberJohnny said:
So who do people think will actually win? GBA SP or PS3?

I gotta go with SP. TMNT came out and it was supposed to be reaaaaaally good.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
tahrikmili said:
DS: Ridiculous
PSP: Pathetic
Wii: Too much
PS3: Too little
360: Still not enough
PS2: Enough is enough
GBA: Still more than enough
You win.

Sweet! I got unbanned just in time for NPD

My prediction:
DS 400,000
Wii: 450,000
PS3: 110,000
360:215,000
GBA: 145,000
PSP:195,000
PS2: 249,000
Xbox: 1,000
GCN 9,000

goldenpp72

you will be sad to know your prediction will not be used at this point :(

Waiting sucks, I have to leave soon and was hoping to get a taste of the reactions.

goldenpp72 said:
you will be sad to know your prediction will not be used at this point :(

Waiting sucks, I have to leave soon and was hoping to get a taste of the reactions.

Why not? NPD has yet to be announced yet. GIve me a break, I just got unbanned today.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
perfectchaos007 said:
Sweet! I got unbanned just in time for NPD

My prediction:
DS 400,000
Wii: 450,000
PS3: 110,000
360:215,000
GBA: 145,000
PSP:195,000
PS2: 249,000