• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2k5(Powered by ESPN!) Xbox League: Have another $20 VC, Hell is freezing

Shadax

Banned
FMT: Count me in. When are you starting the league? Can I ask that you perhaps wait until the Madden league has ended? I know we have a lot of players from that league in here, not sure what everyone's consensus is.....

well, waiting for the madden league to end is another (basically) 4 weeks. sadly that can't happen :(

this league will likely (but not guaranteed) start no later than Sunday. It may start earlier but i want to give everyone a chance to get in if they want. If you don't post your AIM, that means you aren't in.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, waiting for the madden league to end is another (basically) 4 weeks. sadly that can't happen :(

this league will likely (but not guaranteed) start no later than Sunday. It may start earlier but i want to give everyone a chance to get in if they want. If you don't post your AIM, that means you aren't in.

AIM: sweaterstillfits

Mrbob said:
I didn't just hear smack talk from a Red Sox fan! :lol Your team gets lucky one year! Well, I hope you enjoyed that title, because you won't be seeing one for another 100+ years while the Cubs have the championship locked up for the next 10 years!

Heres the thing, I am not actually a red sox fan, but the astros and the giants are already taken, so i am going to take a power team. However, to counter your argument, good luck with that whole failure of a championship run that hinges on prior's arm, which will fly off on the first pitch if you guys do make it into the playoffs.

And my AIM: TheMatt8402

EDIT: After further thought, I think it would be kind of a bastard move of me to keep the sox, so if mlhaynes4 really wants them, he can have 'em (but he better remember this around trade time...)

I will choose the a's instead.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
My IM name is Strooodel and I'm online far too much. If the league is indeed starting this Sunday I'll need to get in all the practice games I can before I get my ass handed to me.

Mrbob

ConfusingJazz said:
Heres the thing, I am not actually a red sox fan, but the astros and the giants are already taken, so i am going to take a power team. However, to counter your argument, good luck with that whole failure of a championship run that hinges on prior's arm, which will fly off on the first pitch if you guys do make it into the playoffs.

And my AIM: TheMatt8402

EDIT: After further thought, I think it would be kind of a bastard move of me to keep the sox, so if mlhaynes4 really wants them, he can have 'em (but he better remember this around trade time...)

I will choose the a's instead.

Dusty will blow out Prior and Woods arm by midseason! :lol

Aim: mrbob2k1

Lets get this rollling!

fellas, league will start officially on monday. if you want in the league or know someone who wants in, they need to have their IM posted in this thread before monday. i need until monday because i plan on posting the following:

1. Rotation for each team (i.e. which of your pitchers should be starting which game)

2. Detailed schedule on when the round will advance (i.e. "Week advances 3/10/05"). That way there is no confusion as to when the round advances.

3. I only have school monday, therefore I can take care of business on monday afternoon.

Be ready ladies! remember, there is still time to change things (sliders wise)!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas, league will start officially on monday. if you want in the league or know someone who wants in, they need to have their IM posted in this thread before monday. i need until monday because i plan on posting the following:

1. Rotation for each team (i.e. which of your pitchers should be starting which game)

2. Detailed schedule on when the round will advance (i.e. "Week advances 3/10/05"). That way there is no confusion as to when the round advances.

3. I only have school monday, therefore I can take care of business on monday afternoon.

Be ready ladies! remember, there is still time to change things (sliders wise)!

I don't know how to change it, or how it could be changed, but pitchers might still be a little overpowered, I think pitchers have a huge advantage, but that's kind of how it is in real baseball and we can't really make it harder on the pitchers.
For example, against Ramirez (BANNED) I started Wakefield and his meter goes fuck fast, but I brought in Schilling and it was super easy to pitch with him, so maybe the balance will be ironed out by team's shitty pitching.

And couldn't we technically redo the pitching order where instead of using Mulder as my opening day starter he starts game five and i essentially reverse the order, rather than just have him snuff out MrBob's Mark Prior with his first of say, six losses?

Shadax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

OK, I'll start practicing up then, just got this game today. My AIM is Atreides815. If anyone is free tonight and wants to play a scrimmage game please IM me.

Oh, and thank you very much FMT for determining our rosters for us--I don't have time to figure it out myself, I appreciate the extra effort you're going to...can you explain how I would go into the pause menu each game to configure this? Or is it something I can set permanently for the duration of the league?

Mrbob

Ok, here is my rotation depending on how we decide to go 4 or 5 for the league:

4 man rotation order:

Prior, Wood, Maddux, Zambrano

5 man rotation order:

Prior, Maddux, Wood, Zambrano, Rusch

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AIM nick is InsecureKillah.

The game is sold out across the city, went to three stores none of them had it. I will get it soon as I can, definitely before Monday. The PS2 version is readily available though. :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
AIM : Mrblacknj

lets make it happen... I am going to be the orioles... and i have no idea what my rotation is, but hook it up FMT....

THanks...

Um, I guess my rotation is the default rotation for the a's in the game...

EDIT: Which means for the moment:
Zito
Harden
Duchs (its a long ass name)
Cruz
Blanton

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Damn, count me in. Game pisses me off, but online leagues are online leagues.

AIM = caninusrule (I think I'm on your list already FMT)

I'll take the TIGERS!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Here is my somewhat complete rotation:

Randy Johnson
Mike Mussina
Jaret Wright
Kevin Brown
Someone else.... Trying to decide.

I want to trade Giambi for a pitcher, have not decided if I want a starter or a middle reliever. Sturtze and Gordon are good tho, so I may go for the fifth starter. I still do think a five man rotation is a bit much.

My offense rocks, I am thinking about this lineup:

1) A-Rod
2) Jeter
3) Matsui
4) Sheff
5) Bernie
6) Sierra
7) Jorge Posada
8) Tino Martinez
9) Anthony Womack

:lol

You know I am good for my games!

Fifty

Yeah, that's ridiculous. If I could travel back in time 12 years, I'd have the best team in the game. :)

theo

Contest Winner
aim: tbear316

if i could get the red sox, that would be great. and no, i am not a bandwagoner, i am a lifelong redsox fan.

talk to Mlhaynes, a fellow legit redsox fan who called them first. my hands are tied dude, but i couldn't care less if he wants to switch with you. just have it done by sunday

problem being is that confusingjazz called them first. confusingjazz gave them up to dl. like i said, you guys handle it, im not in the business of settling team disputes :D

p.s. or am i

thanks to those of you who posted your rotations. for those of you who haven't, if you don't post your rotation or don't care, i'm just going to make it your top 5 pitchers in order of ranking (wow what a concept)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Roy-O
Clemens
Pettite
Backe
Hernandez,my fifth starter could change during the season once I find out who it will be in real life,but as of now im using Carlos.

AIM for those that dont have : Adoubledg

Shadax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
thanks to those of you who posted your rotations. for those of you who haven't, if you don't post your rotation or don't care, i'm just going to make it your top 5 pitchers in order of ranking (wow what a concept)

Yea, please do, I have no idea (the Nationals are probably gonna suck anyway).

Fifty

I'm thinking of trading a pitcher ASAP, since I need hitting and my #2 and #3 pitchers are great, so I haven't posted it yet (rotation) but as it stands now it is

Halladay
Lilly
Batista
Bush
Towers

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Fifty said:
I'm thinking of trading a pitcher ASAP, since I need hitting and my #2 and #3 pitchers are great, so I haven't posted it yet (rotation) but as it stands now it is

Halladay
Lilly
Batista
Bush
Towers

The Tigers are officially interested in Halladay :lol

Fifty

I'd trade him for Mags probably. :D

I dunno, I wasn't looking to trade the best player on my team, but anything is possible if I get some great hitting in return.

LukeSmith

I'm interested in an upper tier starting pitcher, I can part with anyone of Larry Walker/Jim Edmonds/Scott Rolen, depending on the strength of the pitcher, I may want a hitter or a AAA prospect.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
I'd trade him for Mags probably. :D

I dunno, I wasn't looking to trade the best player on my team, but anything is possible if I get some great hitting in return.

i KNOW you are excited by JIM EDMONDS

Fifty

Yeah if you threw in a shitty SP as my fifth starter I'd probably do it. I need to see Edmonds' ratings in the game first, of course.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Yeah if you threw in a shitty SP as my fifth starter I'd probably do it. I need to see Edmonds' ratings in the game first, of course.

IIRC Edmonds is 89 or 92 something like that (Rolen and Pujols are 100s that's all I remember). I'll have to check the rosters out, too. But I definitely can throw my fourth or fifth starting pitcher into the deal.

Then to whoever has the Reds, I'll work out something for Ken Griffey's son.

EDIT: Christ, no one has the Reds...

Edmonds deal pending, I'm in the market for a decent CF.

PS: 2K Fix Rosters PLZ, I have no Tavarez.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone interested in Jason Lane,Morgan Ensberg or Mike Lamb? Im in the need for some good middle relief pitching.

guys i am creating the league shortly so sign in process can begin. theo, jobber, whoever else, please post here what your plans are. as it stands im going to create an 18 man league unless someone gives me reason not to!

LukeSmith

FMT
Are you turning the DH on, off or whatever? Because I don't think there's an even distribution of AL and NL teams, so all games will be interleague play, but then someone could have their pitcher always friggin batting (if they have tons of home games and then are an NL team). Let us know what's up.

Kzone down to 80? What did Konex decide to join? Sauce der Weak. :D

mlhaynes4

BTW, hadnt read through the forums yet... but thx confusing.. very cool :)

And I might remember to call off the dogs on ya *wink*

Ramirez

So VC allows you to change Pitch Speed in unranked online games,but not for leagues!! :lol :lol

Fuck you VC.

Fifty

Yeah seriously, it works, but you have no time at all to do it. MVP lets you check a swing at any time, and it's possible to still attempt a check and fail (go past the plate). This system is just frustrating, because unlike MVP, you don't always feel that it's your fault, but rather the game's.

Ramirez

I have yet to do a check swing,unless you count the time where me and FMT were testing to see if it actuall worked,I just barely pressed it,no way you could do it when you're actually looking to hit :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Hey, FMT. Ramirez and I played a game with the league sliders and the score was like 11-7 with 29 hits combined and several homers. The batter contact is a bit too high if you ask me :p

Top Bottom