• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TGS 2006 Summary Megathread

Amir0x said:
dont worry, Microsoft has a nice Japanese megaton

plus the media we have all desparately been waiting for. just because the japanese arent excited doesnt mean there is nothing to be excited about.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
I can feel it. This is going to be huge. The earth is already starting to move! :D

it's going to be a very interesting week for sure. I wonder how many jackets will be turned in?

Amir0x said:
it's going to be a very interesting week for sure. I wonder how many jackets will be turned in?
Did anyone announce that they were turning in their Nintendo Jacket when the Wii's pricing structure was announced?

PhatSaqs

Banned
**** a jacket. I have my CC primed and ready for this baby.

image.jpg

PhatSaqs said:
**** a jacket. I have my CC primed and ready for this baby.

image.jpg

i have a GT2 hat from the pre-launch event at metreon.. i've gotta find that just incase GT5 shows up and is awesome... i guess i should also have some matches ready incase all we see is GT:HD

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I want to photoshop in a 10% opacity picture of Kojima into the TGS picture to be the official thread icon, but I have an intel mac and there is no WAY I'm opening photoshop until it is native.

GhaleonEB said:
hey, we finance folks are in finance for a reason - it's not an English major. :p

I just thought the idea of a fiance exam would be funny. Just trying to pass the time until the world is set ablaze by the power of information.

GhaleonEB

Shard said:
Indeed, it is connected to something more vile, math.
If you think math is vile, you shouldn't be in finance. Business Calculus was my favorite class in college. :D

BenjaminBirdie said:
I just thought the idea of a fiance exam would be funny. Just trying to pass the time until the world is set ablaze by the power of information.
I've had them. They are not fun.

My fiance's dad sat me down in chair in the middle of the kitchen. :(

GhaleonEB said:
If you think math is vile, you shouldn't be in finance. Business Calculus was my favorite class in college. :D

Daaaaamn.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GhaleonEB said:

Well, technically I am not in finance per se, I am only taking this class because I need it for my business administration minor, My major is history. Business Calculus actually wasn’t too bad but I preferred Statistics, though nothing comes close to the evil that is Accounting.

GhaleonEB

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/19/Xbox-Briefing-Schedule.aspx

Major Nelson said:
My body clock is now completely confused, as I was up at 4am local time ready to start my day...yet the day was not ready to be started. The Xbox briefing is this afternoon (it's Wednesday here in Tokyo) over at the Cerulean Tower Hotel in Shibuya. We'll be posting the complete video of the briefing on Xbox.com tomorrow morning (Wednesday PT time) as well as short highlights version. At the same time, I'll have the audio posted here. Now that we're all totally confused regarding the times...here is all you need to know: Expect video and audio from the briefing to be posted by 8am PT Wednesday morning.

Amir0x said:
● Level 5, the brilliant minds behind such titles as Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy, has announced WHITE KNIGHT TALES for PS3. Presumably it's an RPG, although not much detail is known at this time.
Hot. I hope it's a fairly generic fantasy setting. But truth be told, I my interest piques for any Level 5 game based on a hope for traces of Dark Cloud features.

Wunderchu

MS TGS presentation in mp3 format: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/20/Show-194-The-TGS-Keynote-one.aspx

MS TGS presentation in WMA format: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/20/Show-194-WMA-The-TGS-Keynote-one.aspx
This is the entire audio from the Xbox briefing held today in Tokyo, Japan.
With the exception of Peter Moore, the entire presentation is in Japanese.

Peter Moore's section starts at 24:33 and ends at 42:41
[source: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/20/Show-194-The-TGS-Keynote-one.aspx ]

also:
Bringing it Home - Day 1
Here is a list of the content for today, the kick off day of 'Bringing it Home'.
The items with a * are only available to our Japanese Xbox Live Members.

Trailers
DOA X2 E3 Trailer*
Project Sylpheed*
Tenchu Senran
Half-Life 2 - Episode 2

Demos
Tenchu Senran*

Game Downloads
BFMEII Aragorn’s Journey - Map Pack 1 – Free 9/20 – 9/29
BFMEII Northern Badlands - Map Pack 2 – 350 Points

Arcade
Spades Vision support
Hearts Vision support
Backgammon Vision support
Bankshot Billiards Vision support
Note: If you already purchased one of these titles, you'll be prompted for the free autoupdate the next time you play the game and you're connected to Xbox Live.

Community
TGS Picture Pack

PLUS, later today a 5-minute the TGS Briefing will also be available on Xbox Live, but I don't have an exact time...but expect it around 5p PT.
[source: http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/20/Bringing-it-Home-Day-1.aspx ]

Tokyo is GMT +9hrs, so the KK's speech will start about 1am Thursday night/Friday morning, I've got work in the morning so I ain't staying up, but it's perfect timing for my morning webtime, there will be blood, tears, bombs, 'shops, chops, bans, lols, flops, drops..........can't wait.

Top Bottom