• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ogodei

Part of me wants it to end in Awakening, part of me wants it to end in cannibalism. Because we've already gone there this arc so we might as well keep going.

I've been assuming we would get to awakening at some point but I I didn't thinking making other things rubber would help and his power seems different to me than Doffy or Mr 3 in a way that made me wonder if it would happen.

I'm voting cannibalism.

Cannibalism? Why not! What could go wrong?
Suffocation deaths are caused by mochi every year in Japan, especially among elderly people. According to the Tokyo Fire Department which responds to choking cases, mochi sends more than 100 people to the hospital every year in Tokyo alone. Between 2006 and 2009, 18 people died from choking on mochi in the Japanese capital, according to city's fire department. In 2011, Japanese media reported eight mochi-related deaths in Tokyo in January.

Every year, Japanese authorities warn people to cut mochi into small pieces before eating it. The Tokyo Fire Department even has a website offering tips on how to help someone choking on mochi.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi#Health_hazards

vengeance_by_minhquach94-dbqxopa.jpg

Rock paper mochi
If nothing else love Reddit’s art posts

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Already posted, at least the top part. There's quite a few One Piece references, like one character saying he prefers Nami to "3D women" (it's always funny when anime characters do this), and then a disturbing scene later where the guy in the photo murders a girl's family, and then asks her about One Piece.

I'm surprised the creator of Gantz is a fan (then again, Gantz had the scene of a group of civilians singing We Are as they were sent to the slaughter)

This does bring up what happens if Luffy eats a fruit user whole (including the heart if that matters specifically). That's a better reason to think it won't happen.

As far as we know, you eat a fruit user whole when you have no power and you get the power.

Would someone WITH a fruit doing that be like eating a second fruit (with all it's danger) or would nothing happen?

LotusHD

Banned
Anyways, good chapter. Not super hype or anything though, and I'm disappointed we have to wait yet another week for Gear 4 to finally be used.

- Katakuri is a beast, jfc that trident's appearance and power is heavenly. Also lol at him being protective over Brulee, and the way he casually threw Luffy into the wall.

- Didn't take too long for the BM Pirates to find out about the Straw Hats still being alive, but now Big Mom's going to Nuts Island? Is there anything of significance there to keep in mind?

- Also is Perospero saying that he, not Big Mom, is responsible for that tidal wave? I'm confused...

The Pekoms and Tamago stuff is reason #6432 I increasingly believe Pedro to be dead. Oda even went of their way to not only reference the whole "dawn" thing again, but also hype up Luffy and co. as people worth dying for. And now basically everyone is going to gather on Cacao Island it seems with one last line of defense because they cannot continue to underestimate them any more than they already have. So it seems that no one allied with Pedro would be there to check up on him or retrieve him at WCI, meaning he'd have to miraculously come back some other way. Anyways, that's enough of that. I continue to really like Tamago, I like how he isn't disillusioned by Big Mom's Yonko status, knowing that even she can be toppled if she isn't careful.

- Love the effective use of the presumed Sun Pirates here, their services are greatly appreciated yet understated.

- And lastly, Germa hype. Did they actually take down 10,000 people? Not entirely sure. Either way, no big names were taken down, but still cool nonetheless. I love their poses. Also I guess Judge is down for the count. Most importantly, there continues to be no allusion that they plan on interfering with the Straw Hats. But yea, we always shit on them, but I low-key kind of hope they get redeemed fighting-wise.

LotusHD

Banned
I think the candy sea or whatever we saw earlier this arc is due to Pero and Big Mom just brought a portion of it to life.

So a combination attack, and it also confirms the sea is made of juice or whatever. Damn, pretty impressive Perospero, though that technically lessens the hype from Big Mom I guess.

---

While I don't believe Luffy have any chance of taking down Big Mom, Tamago's comments seem to be hinting the possibility of them being taken out by outside forces.

Chickenman is smart unlike montdor.

They didnt send smoothie, daifuku nor oven to germa. Morons.
That part was good. montdors always been the worst Charlotte but in a fun to hate way.

I like how, unlike Sanji, Ichiji is straight deception and just hangs up immediately once he gets info.

LotusHD

Banned
That part was good. montdors always been the worst Charlotte but in a fun to hate way.

I like how, unlike Sanji, Ichiji is straight deception and just hangs up immediately once he gets info.

What? He is inoffensive af, didn't know people had much of an opinion of him lol

BHK3

Banned
- Didn't take too long for the BM Pirates to find out about the Straw Hats still being alive, but now Big Mom's going to Nuts Island? Is there anything of significance there to keep in mind?

- Also is Perospero saying that he, not Big Mom, is responsible for that tidal wave? I'm confused...

- I think Big Mom's hunger is starting to reach a limit, she's smelling any sort of food within her radius and is just rushing toward it. Once she's eaten a little bit she'll refocus back unto the wedding cake, she'll eat the entire town and then be like OH YEA WEDDING CAKE once it's night time.

- Think Pero coated the waves in candy and had big moms water spirit just push it around

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I doubt Gear 4 is gonna take out Katakuri but I'm not sure how Luffy would survive the cool down period without support. It's the critical flaw with the mode.

All I know is that this arc is ending with Katakuri on his back.

Luffy going gear 4 going to be interesting since it seem like he getting accustom to Katakuri attacks.
Also you know that his back going to hit the ground sometime in this fight .
Germa along with everyone else getting reading for the final show down.

Metal B

The actors are cast and stage is set, the next chapters will be big final of the arc and it's looks promising. Since we will have many people arriving with ships, its going to be an actual sea battle.

- Katakuri is a beast, jfc that trident's appearance and power is heavenly. Also lol at him being protective over Brulee, and the way he casually threw Luffy into the wall.
Katakuri is a great character, because from a different angle you could see him as a good guy. Protecting his family form assaults and insults, being cool, creative and focused. Also his crew was attacked by the Starw Hats, who tried they to assassinate his mother, while they "just" tried to kill a family of assassins, two loyal people betrayed them and hey there side got hit by a suicide bomber! Big Mom did nothing wrong!
Katakuri really is very similar to Luffy in fighting styles and personality, what makes this fight so great.

I think, her hunger got the best of her and she will attack the island for food. We already, saw something similar happing at the beginning of the arc. It will buy the Straw Hats crew some time.

I think, he created the wave, but she took over it.

Sounds like it was a call back to Sanji as Mr. Prince in Alabasta, where he also fooled a opponent party through a phone.

Qvoth

i think luffy will learn some stuff from the spiralling thing katakuri is doing, it makes some sense too
and i think sanji will get his own germa suit as an act of redemption from his family, maybe reiju gives him unbeknownst to the others or something like that, that would be dope

Katakuri getting the Whitebeard treatment. Still think Luffy'll eke out a win. It's his MO to take out hyped-up 'undefeatable' foes.

Big Mom on her way to Nuts Island. Don't you do it Big Mom! Don't you destroy Amande's island! Either way, someone should dig out the map Pudding made way back at the beginning of the arc. We can predict her path.

Stealth Fishman Pirates hype? Or can we attribute the sea slugs to Germa? Speaking of...

Jesus, was every party in this chapter? Germa got some plan too. Is that Daifuku and Randolph in the pile of bodies?

Daingurse

Lol. This man Katakuri has never sat down since birth. That is quite the feat! Can't get enough of this dude's personality either. The man genuinely cares about his siblings, and I really dig his calm demeanor.

I wonder if Luffy is going to learn how to unlock his awakening in this fight? I really doubt Gear Fourth will be enough for Katakuri. Luffy needs something if he's going to survive this fight, let alone win.

And where the fuck is Smoothie?! Seriously, we joke about her being useless, but she's not even pursuing ANY of the escapees or among the Whole Cake BM group! Sweet Commander my ass. Position should've been given to the chicken, least he's got his eggs together.

Top Bottom