• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

So the movie villain's power is money? Bil said he defeated him with that.
I wonder if that's literal or if he's just so rich and influential that he can pay people to defeat you or something. The later would make more sense regarding the comment that he's as powerful as the celestials (who are not physically strong at all).

Spinx

Ok, no more filler for a while now. I'd rather watch an episode that covers 2 pages from the manga stretched for 20 minutes than this crap.

I have an idea for the next movie after GOLD. The main villain is a former Emperor that got defeated by Kaido. Dun dun duuun !

Moria
dun dun duuuuun!

I also feel like all of the movies can easily happen. It's one of the things I love about them compared to the Dragon Ball Z movies. Let's speculate:

Captain Kuro -> Movie 1 -> Baratie/Arlong -> Movie 2 -> Logue Town -> Baroque Works/Drum -> Movie 3 -> Arabasta -> Movie 4 -> Jaya/Skypiea -> Movie 5 -> Movie 6 -> Movie 7-> Davy Back -> Water 7/Enies Lobby -> Movie 10 -> Sabaody -> literally everything else until Fishman Island -> Movie 11

Yeah I have a similar timeline I think (have a list somewhere...), same for some of the TV specials (since the timeskip basically everything happened between arriving in the new world and Punk Hardard haha )

Interestingly, the new movie would need to be slotted between future arcs it seems.
The villain is still present in the anime canon right now (meaning Luffy didn't defeat him yet) but is set in a time when the Strawhats are back together again (spoiler :p ).

Decent special. A little disappointed with no 4th gear Luffy though. I'm a little confused about Rob Lucci and CP9 being back. I thought CP9 was the weakest while CP0 was the strongest. CP9 had a colossal failure at Enies Lobby and I'm a bit surprised they even still exist.

Moaradin

Special was pretty good. Like the little scenes that tie into the movie like Lucci and the girl from the Nami flashback.

And they're hyping up this Tesoro guy huh. Too bad I won't get to see the movie for another year or so.

Dugna

Decent special. A little disappointed with no 4th gear Luffy though. I'm a little confused about Rob Lucci and CP9 being back. I thought CP9 was the weakest while CP0 was the strongest. CP9 had a colossal failure at Enies Lobby and I'm a bit surprised they even still exist.

CP9 isn't the weakest...its goes from 1-9 1 being weakest to 9 being strongest of the known Cipher Pol Groups, then there's the most recent and hidden CP0 which are stronger from what is said but we have yet to see by how much.

They made the point of CP9 being the strongest known one by the whole train part of Enies Lobby Arc, where Sanji just steamrolls basically all of Cipher Pol on their except CP9 themselves.

The special was fun. I only didn't like how the non-beast strawhats were all caught so easily. At least Robin should not be part of that but they always make her look weak, so...

btw wasn't Usopp ripped after the time skip? :p

Oh and no episode this week?

Ray Down

Banned
The special was fun. I only didn't like how the non-beast strawhats were all caught so easily. At least Robin should not be part of that but they always make her look weak, so...

btw wasn't Usopp ripped after the time skip? :p

Oh and no episode this week?

No because of the special and movie.

CP9 isn't the weakest...its goes from 1-9 1 being weakest to 9 being strongest of the known Cipher Pol Groups, then there's the most recent and hidden CP0 which are stronger from what is said but we have yet to see by how much.

They made the point of CP9 being the strongest known one by the whole train part of Enies Lobby Arc, where Sanji just steamrolls basically all of Cipher Pol on their except CP9 themselves.

CP9 is secret too though right? I always assumed people knew about CP0 but they're the intelligence group while CP9 was the secret assassination group.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
CP9 is secret too though right? I always assumed people knew about CP0 but they're the intelligence group while CP9 was the secret assassination group.

CP9 was b basically an open secret. The public had rumors of its existence, and everyone fron navy HQ seemed to know of it (and its members).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What was the point of recapping how the Straw Hats joined? Did Toei think this was another jumping point for new viewers? One Piece doesn't work like that!

So weird to see Robin with lighter skin pre-timeskip. I know canonically, she never had tan skin and that was Toei's mistake *cough*Bulma'sBlueHair*cough* but still, it's odd to see.

marmoka

Banned
Waiting for old/new animation comparison videos.

I have watched some of the old episodes recently, and didn't look as bad as today's redrawns, what's more, they looked great.

Toei really is a disaster in animation quality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What was the point of recapping how the Straw Hats joined? Did Toei think this was another jumping point for new viewers? One Piece doesn't work like that!

So weird to see Robin with lighter skin pre-timeskip. I know canonically, she never had tan skin and that was Toei's mistake *cough*Bulma'sBlueHair*cough* but still, it's odd to see.

You spend that much time in a desert you're going to end up darker for a bit!

Magwik

Banned

Getting ready for that new crew member obviously

Raxus

Since half the Straw Hats left for Zou maybe they thought people forgot who is who.

Doesn't matter. We Zou now.

First time seeing it. Very cool use of cel-shaded CGI mixed with some 2D effects.
It reminds me of the Straw Hat Chase movie, except this clipshow is trying to emulate both the anime and manga aesthetics.
A movie or video game with this style would be a sight to behold.

But they just couldn't help themselves with that boob jiggle, couldn't they? *sigh*

Xux

First time seeing it. Very cool use of cel-shaded CGI mixed with some 2D effects.
It reminds me of the Straw Hat Chase movie, except this clipshow is trying to emulate both the anime and manga aesthetics.

But they just couldn't help themselves with that boob jiggle, couldn't they? *sigh*
Yeah, I think I prefer hand drawn compared to physics based.

Cwarrior

Line up for the next three episode is pretty cool, we have the two best new animation directors that got promoted late dressrosa arc followed by a great regular thats been putting in work since impel down.

One Piece episode 753

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「大塚隆史」 Takashi Otsuka
Storyboard: 「大塚隆史」 Takashi Otsuka
Animation director: 「伊藤修一」 Shūichi Itō(great long time key animator promoted later dressrosa arc)

One Piece episode 754

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「小山保徳」 Yasunori Koyama(newish guy don't know much about him)
Storyboard: 「小山保徳」 Yasunori Koyama
Animation director: 「多嘉良敢」 Isamu Takara(new new guy whose debut episode was kaido epic entrance)

One Piece episode 755

Screenplay: 「中山智博」 Tomohiro Nakayama
Episode director: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda (director of dragon ball z battle of the gods)
Storyboard: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
Animation director: 「川村敦子」 Atsuko Kawamura(puting in good work since impel down, most reliable AD).

Yeah there's a lot of great 2d special effects like fire,smear,smoke/gas. the spiderman action camera angles and fantastic action choreography at later part of straw hat chase movie was excellent, I would love another movie/special using the tech mixed with 2d of this One piece 4D thing.

Top Bottom