• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Didn't expect Orlumbus to have the biggest army by far. I'm guessing the 3 neighbor Kingdoms to Dressrosa will join The Straw Hats too, although I don't know if they have an army. I imagine they would though being next to Doflamingo.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Heart-of-Gold.jpg

Welp, there's our prerequisite Toei filler girl

Cwarrior

Welp, there's our prerequisite Toei filler girl

Last one we had was little east blue, that was like 6 years ago there not as frequent as they use to be(toei knew how much you love them so they gave you new one).

First one pre-dates toei working on one piece, it was in the One piece pilot episode by production IG.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Last one we had was little east blue, that was like 6 years ago there not as frequent as they use to be.

First one pre-dates toei working on one piece, it was in the One piece pilot episode by production IG.
Lilly from the terrible Z filler was basically filling the same trope. We did luck out in the animal collar filler though.

And I forgive the pilot girl since she was the original!

Cwarrior

Lilly from the terrible Z filler was basically filling the same trope. We did luck out in the animal collar filler though.

Lilly didn't fill that role imo, two she isn't a little girl and Three she a viking giant who ate the min mini fruit to make her self tiny but still pack the power of giant, that pretty darn cool and her design was pretty cool.

Z filler has some good ideas but it was victim of everyone is working of Film z so there's barely anyone left to work on these episodes after episode 1.

I liked shuzo, his goat named after al pacino and lily who felt like a toriko character.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Boy if you're an anime-only viewer, don't look at that image too hard. There are a... lot of things it'll ruin for ya.

Maybe put it behind a spoiler tag, even.

XenoRaven

Doflamingo is such a journey. I went from thinking he was an irredeemable asshole, to understanding why he is the way he is, back to thinking he's an irredeemable asshole.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whoa wait

Carrot is blonde? Weird

Doflamingo is such a journey. I went from thinking he was an irredeemable asshole, to understanding why he is the way he is, back to thinking he's an irredeemable asshole.

Easily one of my favorite characters in One Piece. Not only is he great from a design standpoint but he by far has one of the most complex personalities for an antagonist in the series.

Yep. Liked him during Marineford because he did whatever he wanted and didn't give a fuck. Then there's the moment at the end of Punk Hazard where he says goodbye to Monnet and Vergo that makes him seem like a really caring dude. Then we see what he's done to Dressrosa and looks like a complete psychopath. We see his backstory after that and see the hell he went through. Finally he decides he's just going to murder everyone on the island to show how insane he is.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Doflamingo has always struck me as a more psychopathic, less honor-bound version of Greed from FMA

XenoRaven

The only thing I didn't like about the Luffy vs. Doflamingo fight is that I felt Doffy's defeat or downfall or whatever wasn't prolonged and pronounced enough. In the Luffy vs Crocodile and Luffy vs Lucci fights, there was definitely a moment where both guys could recognize that they underestimated Luffy and that they were going to lose. Doflamingo just had a smile on his face up until the point where he just got punched in the head and got knocked out. For all the shit he pulled, I think he deserved a bit more of a beating.

Maybe they'll tie that up later and show him getting thrown into Impel Down or something like that, but it felt like he got off easy compared to say Lucci, who, while a bit overzealous, was doing what he thought was his duty.

Dugna

The only thing I didn't like about the Luffy vs. Doflamingo fight is that I felt Doffy's defeat or downfall or whatever wasn't prolonged and pronounced enough. In the Luffy vs Crocodile and Luffy vs Lucci fights, there was definitely a moment where both guys could recognize that they underestimated Luffy and that they were going to lose. Doflamingo just had a smile on his face up until the point where he just got punched in the head and got knocked out. For all the shit he pulled, I think he deserved a bit more of a beating.

Maybe they'll tie that up later and show him getting thrown into Impel Down or something like that, but it felt like he got off easy compared to say Lucci, who, while a bit overzealous, was doing what he thought was his duty.

Difference is that its Doffy and he actually paid attention to Luffy, so when they finally fought the only time he kinda underestimated him was Gear 4th and then Luffy didn't have time to just beat on him he had to finish it then and there.

Like I can't remember exactly where but somewhere in Dressrosa arc it shows Doffy basically saying or atleast showing that he didn't underestimate Luffy, he still thought he could beat Luffy but he didn't think it was a pushover.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What made Doflamingo so dangerous was how level headed he was. He never thought he was above losing, he just made every effort to win. His puppet master ability suits his personality.

VariantX

Yep. If anything, his brother cemented the idea Doffy needed to get his face pushed in on account that they shared the same life experiences yet one becomes a better person for it and the other embraces his delusion and slips further into evil.

Mendrox

Glad that there will be finally a new OP. Also I will start watching the anime again with that new arc, because the manga has been gold again.

SolVanderlyn

I love Zoro's outfit, total Skypiea throwback

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hard to believe that the already long Dressrosa arc was even longer in the anime. Thanks Toei!

But yeah, it's pretty much over. Next week is essentially an epilogue. I hope you like
furries

Next week is also the arrival of Jack!

Finally Dressrosa is over. I'm actually kind of lucky because I didn't get into One Piece until around when Luffy went into Fourth Gear for the first time. We got an idea of how the world is reacting since Doflamingo was defeated but we haven't heard anything from the Four Emperors about it. I like that we're going to here from Doflamingo since the fight.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Doflamingo's final speech. Chills man, chills.

Bounties! Including Sanji's strange "Only Alive" disclaimer.

I'm surprised they pulled Tomokazu Seki away from Yo-Kai Watch long enough to record a couple lines as Lucci. Then again, he is showing up in Film Gold so that probably helps.
Anyone know who's voicing Jack?

When did Doflamingo get new glasses?

Oda really doesn't want to show his eyes.

I'm so glad to be done with Dressrosa. It still blows my mind that the arc started before I started watching the series and I managed to catch up on over 700 episodes and still be around to wait on it to end. How you guys managed to wait week by week for it I have no idea. I honestly think I'd have dropped the show if I'd have caught up before that arc. It's not even that I didn't like it but man that felt like it went on forever.

+1 for the blind theory

I don't really buy that theory. We (I think) don't know exactly what's possible with Observation Haki, but him being able to fly from Dressrosa to Punk Hazard with the clouds doesn't seem possible to me if he couldn't see. Fujitora kind of confuses me. He usually walks extremely slow, feeling out the ground in front of him, but he's also gone really fast on stone barely hovering above the ground.

Moaradin

I feel like manga readers pointing out these out of context spoilers does more harm than the image itself. I haven't read the manga and nothing really stuck with me from that image when I looked at it a few weeks ago. Pointing it out just makes people look for spoilers when they otherwise wouldn't.

SolVanderlyn

Sanji's new wanted poster looking even more ridiculous than his old one.

Top Bottom