• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark Zero!!! (1UP)

Odnetnin

Banned
SyNapSe said:
LOL, these shots weren't really even impressive when the PS2/Xbox/GC launched. That guy on the wall from Mr. Bob's post looks like one big damn texture or something.. he's like a blob on the wall

I know. OH snap. Its so funny. I am seriously in stitches from laughing. Eyes all watery. You guys have to check this image out. :lol

Here

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Time is running out, and expectations for Perfect Dark Zero are stratospheric. Is Rare up for the challenge? "We don't want to release anything and hear that we're not happy with it," says Botwood. "When you eventually get to pick up PDZ from the shelves, you'll know that we've done everything we can to make a good game that we want to play ourselves, and the quality to be as high as we can possibly get it.

Damn, kill yourself already

Mifune

Mehmber
Wow. Clearly these are early shots from an early dev kit, but still. Wow. Why even bother releasing these? If these were Xbox or Gamecube screens, I would be having the same exact reaction.

I'm trying to keep telling myself that SFA looked like ass when it was first unveiled. And it did.

By the way, I'm guessing there's NO WAY this is making launch. SFA didn't, and it was in a similar unfinished-looking state at E3. Kameo actually looked better at the big Gamecube unveiling, and that one still isn't out.

Conker KILLS THIS

its not the graphics its not the hardware the ART SUCKS you can't fix that shit

This is very bad PR for the Xbox 360 they should give Rare another 5 years to work on this

I refuse to think its real - if Nintendo had this to show at E3 I would really cry with sadness

I'm about to die of laughter *hic-hic-hic-ups*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mrbob said:
To be fair, these look like multiplayer shots which won't look as good as single player.

Please, dont make me post some Halo 2 multiplayers shots ;)

Really guys, this must be a joke. Sure not a clever one from a marketing perspective, but I hardly believe this is what the Xbox 360 is capable of.

Tiktaalik

ha ha is this a joke? Who at Microsoft decided it was a good idea to release these pathetic screenshots. I thought they wanted to build hype, not destroy it.

Loki

Count of Concision
Kobun Heat said:
FIRST SHADOWRUN PIX

shadowrun.jpg

LOL! :lol

SonnyBoy said:
I could have made a better screen shot using popcicle sticks and alphabet cereal :lol

:lol

Prine

Banned
Mrbob said:
To be fair, these look like multiplayer shots which won't look as good as single player.

It is multiplayer screens says so in the article. Why no single player screens 1up??

:lol My son is a *huge* Rare and Xbox fan who has been dieing for PDO and takes his games very seriously. His response? An anger-filled, "How could they do this!?"

I cannot imagine the game releasing while looking like this but to actually release these shots? I am stunned.

Meier

Jesus the frame rate and animation is terrible.. I mentioned the animation looked bad earlier in the thread, but that shot of the character running down the stairs was worse than I could have imagined. But man, Need for Speed sure looked slick.

God's Hand said:
:lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry, I'm literally laughing here. Nintendo was smart, that's all I'll say.

Oh, and I hope MS has something impressive to show next week, because Nintendo has some pretty impressive stuff up their sleeves.

I had a great day today. Got permanent status, a raise, and got to see some Revolution stuff.

Next week is going to be amazing. Just the reactions alone... wow.
Spill it big boy and I'll be your friend till the end. Hiddy ho, ha ha ha.

Mugen

Banned
:lol OMG. Nintendo really did ass raped MS on the Rare buyout. And the evidence (screens) finally popped up.

Mifune

Mehmber
Did Nintendo's marketing team defect to Microsoft or something? Seriously, there is no reason to release these screenshots.

I'm still looking forward to the 360, but I kinda feel like someone shat in my corn flakes.

Sony is correct about x-box 1.5 so far. Gee, these graphics could be done on X-box. Was this game really going to go to x-box, and then microsoft moved it to x-box 360 for a launch title? Strange , that two companies that are known for thier graphics ( tecmo and rare) brings out games that looks like they belong on the x-box. At this point in time, I will not buy a -box 360, even at a price drop.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/611/611184p1.html

"Eight games were shown -- seven viewable, one playable. Perfect Dark Zero was the only playable title, and it was underwhelming, looking early, dark, and chugging at under 20 FPS. This was clearly an odd strategy on MS's part. Why show Perfect Dark Zero to celebrities show don't even know who Rare or Joanna Dark are? Plus, Rare hates showing early games. Why would they show this before it was ready? We're not sure."

What the fuck is going on!

mr2mike

Banned
You know, I went on my roomate's barton 2.8 to watch the our colony video because my box was chugging with the streamed WM9, and while it was buffering, I decided to check 1up... I was kind of perplexed by what I saw... maybe it was her monitor or something that made the game look... not good... now I'm back on my rig, lounging on my bed with the wireless Keyboard on the TV out and I'm about to switch back to the monitor to see if ... a know... it looks any better or something...

:\

*switch*

oh... damn... well it does look a bit better on my monitor since it's actually adjusted like it should be... but ... that looks about as good as Halo 1.

So like, the Xbox DOAU engine ported to the pre-alpha 360 dev box owns this, something's gotta be wrong here. Either Rare's spent the time since they've been bought by MS solely on retooling the engine and not the assets, or they just suck complete ass.

Drek

Damn that is some disapointing shit. Seen the screens, saw the gay ass MTV thing, PDZ seriously looks like a well textured, high res. Xbox game.

_Angelus_

Banned
Man-that MTV special was one big generation X infomercial,yeesh. As for the games,some looked great,others not so great. E3 can't come soon enough,we'll know the real deal then.

The 360 looks godamn sexy btw. I fucking love that pearl white DreamCast color it sports.

sonic4ever said:
Sony is correct about x-box 1.5 so far. Gee, these graphics could be done on X-box. Was this game really going to go to x-box, and then microsoft moved it to x-box 360 for a launch title? Strange , that two companies that are known for thier graphics ( tecmo and rare) brings out games that looks like they belong on the x-box. At this point in time, I will not buy a -box 360, even at a price drop.

The sad thing about this whole situation is that it's nobody's fault but MS. These reactions is what happens when so much of your popularity is based off of graphics and technical prowess. Nintendo was right about their approach, theyre not going to be called Gamecube 1.5 or get beat up in the head to head tech battle

Top Bottom