• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best bet on those leak threads like the Kotaku one, is to get the info from the OP, and then not read the rest of the thread. It's just filled with FUD, overreactions, and general lunacy. Unless you like that sort of thing.

All GT games run on 60fps, exceptions are PSone games.

However, first GT in 1997 had a special GT Hi-Fi mode that run at 50fps (only one car on tack though).

Polyphony had GT5:prologue run at 240fps back in 2008.

Have no fear about anything but 60.

I know the game will run at 60fps, but will the replays?

That's something I hope PD bring back.

spats

I know the game will run at 60fps, but will the replays?

That's something I hope PD bring back.

60fps gameplay and 30fps replays is a perfect compromise. It satisfies the "game needs to be 60fps to feel responsive" as well as the "a game needs to be 30fps to look cinematic" crowds. ;)

Iacobellis

All GT games run on 60fps, exceptions are PSone games.

However, first GT in 1997 had a special GT Hi-Fi mode that run at 50fps (only one car on tack though).

Polyphony had GT5:prologue run at 240fps back in 2008.

Have no fear about anything but 60.

Pachter...

We can be fairly certain that the press won't be given hands on time after the presentation and will probably have to wait until e3 right? I will be disappointed if they don't at least have a couple on stage play demonstrations and go with bullshit renders or tech demos only instead.

I'm in two minds. While people say EU is Sony land, here in the UK Microsoft is just as big and the UK market makes up a large percentage of Sony's total European sales.

Launching a few months later would look sloppy, give them bad press off the bat, and assuming MS pulls another 360 type launch (sans RRD), would lose them a good many sales. It would be a good way to squander a great deal of the hype, goodwill and momentum they currently have.

I'd say a worldwide launch was one of the first things Sony would have looked at, they need to match the competition and be out in all relevant regions by Christmas.

It does make sense for Sony to release it worldwide on the same date, or at least close. Wasn't the source of that rumor meant to be reliable though? I hope I'm wrong.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Either way I'm pretty resigned to region locking getting worse and hence me buying a US console anyway. 3DS was the last straw.

I'll be disappointed if they don't but yeah, I could see myself just shipping one from the US if it's not too expensive.

Shikoro

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
I literally said that when I saw the tweet. :lol

vTJ5rsI.gif
Hah, fitting. :D

Tomorrow is really bound to be a #gamechanger. :D

Skyzard

Banned
I don't understand dates on the internet without a countdown timer..

20th here.. 9am in Japan on the 20th apparently so what's all this about 24 hours?

Perkel

Banned
And here is amar212 post from few months ago:

amar212 said:
Once the six skip the three
Saving for the four
Question stays about the five
Waiting for some more

Due the fact we knew too much
About the four and five
Six will hide until it can
Kevin Butlers' Jive

It's six step left six step right
Rinse, repeat and wait
The three will get some finger food
And four will celebrate.

Looks like your poem is happening as you said. If they will show tomorrow GT6 i will be in heaven

spats

Guess I have to sleep now. I'd rather stay up and soak in all the hype but oh well.

Hopefully there'll be no big leaks when I wake up to check the net tomorrow.

An old quote from Kaz about the 60fps issue

This is a major issue for us in GT5. Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?' But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that.

One of the few devs that still views 60fps as being important.

Einbroch

Banned
Perfect timing for this. My brother just brought over some homebrewed beer and my girlfriend brought home some Sriracha chips. I'm all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom