• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

MastAndo

How’s the gameplay? Any sort of challenge, or is it one of those almost impossible to die type of games?
m
There isn't much of a challenge. Maybe a few puzzles will have you scratching your head for a few moments, but that's about it. There isn't much to the combat (it's really hard to die to an enemy, especially given the healing system), but it still does feel satisfying. I still found it all very engaging though.

Yeah it’s a major oversight. I assume they’ll be annoying and release a Quest 3 Pro with eye-tracking a year later and early adopters will regret going in day one on the regular Quest 3.
The VR industry moves so fast right now, on the hardware side at least.
I'm definitely skipping the Quest 3 and waiting for higher quality headset before I replace my Index. I'm kind of pissed Meta wants to move away from gaming, instead of leaning in. Literally nobody cares about his MetaWiiVerse, anywhere, at all, ever.

Romulus

Yes but not nearly as big as doubling the gpu + included eye tracking. It would also extend massively the graphics you could show when connected to a PC. 4090 + eye tracking oh wow.

Also, the difference between ps4 base and pro was like 4x

Base Ps4 was 1.8TF, Pro was 4.2, that's nowhere near 4x

I mean eye tracking would probably push it well above $600 being a portable device with eye tracking and super small. Quest 2 sold 20 million in 2 years at the $300-$400 range so it would just make more sense to improve and repeat the formula.

Fredrik

I'm definitely skipping the Quest 3 and waiting for higher quality headset before I replace my Index. I'm kind of pissed Meta wants to move away from gaming, instead of leaning in. Literally nobody cares about his MetaWiiVerse, anywhere, at all, ever.
There are lots of things happening in VR right now, I could see myself jumping in if things are greatly improved. I definitely don’t regret buying a Quest 2, it gave me some of the most impactful gaming experiences ever, but for now the VR honeymoon is over for me, the industry needs to step it up.

Vr46

finally, i have it
p67PsoD.jpg
ciao from italy

aclar00

Resident evil 8 Vr is so scary jfc! Can only play in short burst.

Just beat it this morning. Great time overall and took me 14 hrs to beat. Played in 30min to 1 hr increments. If i had to guess, i spent no more than 100 hrs on PSVR1, and that's a stretch

I skipped 7 because of the first person mode, even though i bought it for PSVR 1. It was a blurry mess so i never played more than 10 mins.

RE8 on the other hand was much more engrossing and the controller experience made it borderline amazing. Pulling weapons out and reloading were nice.

I got over the scare factor after a few mins into the castle.

I need another experience like that and its what VR needs IMO.

Markio128

Just completed a 10 lap 700 series race on the Red Bull Ring and just pipped first by less than a second - and it started raining hard on the last flippin’ lap. That shit is intense in VR - love it.

Played quite a bit of Zombieland today as well and I’m getting much better at it, but some of those high scores are insane!

Personally, I’m really looking forward to Saints and Sinners 1+2 next as I haven’t played the 1st one.

ABnormal

Personally, I’m really looking forward to Saints and Sinners 1+2 next as I haven’t played the 1st one.
Oh, yes. Those are some of my most anticipated games, alongside Behemoth (which comes from the same developer. They are just the best regarding grounded, phisics driven melee combat, and the open world nature of the games, plus the scavenging and crafting, makes them special in VR. If only they would do a full city zombie outbreak multiplayer online game as The Division, but with those mechanics, that would be a blast with friends).

Last edited:

Markio128

Oh, yes. Those are some of my most anticipated games, alongside Behemoth (which comes from the same developer . they are just the best regarding grounded, phisics driven melee compat, and the open wprld nature of the games, plus the scavenging and crafting, makes them special in VR. If only they would do a full city zombie outbreak multiplayer online game as The Division, but with those mechanics, that would be a blast with friends).
Yeah, that would be cool. The biggest attraction for me is that I’ll have two decent campaigns to play through in VR.
I‘ve only seen the trailer for that Behemoth, so I’m not really sure how it plays, but it looks interesting - comes across as a combination of Shadow of the Colossus and Demon’s Souls.

Minsc

Just beat it this morning. Great time overall and took me 14 hrs to beat. Played in 30min to 1 hr increments. If i had to guess, i spent no more than 100 hrs on PSVR1, and that's a stretch

I skipped 7 because of the first person mode, even though i bought it for PSVR 1. It was a blurry mess so i never played more than 10 mins.

RE8 on the other hand was much more engrossing and the controller experience made it borderline amazing. Pulling weapons out and reloading were nice.

I got over the scare factor after a few mins into the castle.

I need another experience like that and its what VR needs IMO.

Nice, I have a similar strategy, but haven't gotten nearly as many sessions in haha! Saints & Sinners part 1 & 2 is soon! That should be a good 20+ hours of more zombie killing fun, and it's supposed to be high quality too. Then RE4 VR Mode hopefully not far off for the real RE Village successor game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just an update on my experiences with TLB after the recent patch. Definitely improved tracking, but still pretty damn bad. To the point it makes me not want to really play it. It's the worst when you try to use the ironsights on the rifle... just, total mess. I do think it's the game, since my other games (shooters) rarely have tracking issues.

I guess this game is fine for some people, which confuses me, but hey glad it works. Unfortunately for me it's still pretty shit. Definitely less shit since the patch, but still shit.

Not trying to be a hater here either -- I pre-ordered this game and it was literally the first thing I tried to play with my headset. I was excited.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Just an update on my experiences with TLB after the recent patch. Definitely improved tracking, but still pretty damn bad. To the point it makes me not want to really play it. It's the worst when you try to use the ironsights on the rifle... just, total mess. I do think it's the game, since my other games (shooters) rarely have tracking issues.

I guess this game is fine for some people, which confuses me, but hey glad it works. Unfortunately for me it's still pretty shit. Definitely less shit since the patch, but still shit.

Not trying to be a hater here either -- I pre-ordered this game and it was literally the first thing I tried to play with my headset. I was excited.
I have the issue sometimes but its not too often so I can deal with it, even if it can be a bit frustrating. The devs are looking into it in details so hopefully we can expect some patch, along with foveated rendering.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’m the same - I hate the rifle and it’s putting me off playing the game. I find it uncomfortable having to use both hands to hold it. I probably haven’t played it long enough to notice any tracking issues though.

Top Bottom