• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

nashman

Hmm the update seems to have increased the size of the sweet spot. Without moving your head and looking off to sides seems like you have more space till the blur kicks in especially notable in Cinamatic mode, used to be didnt even have to get to the edges before blurr kicked in now ONLY the edges are blurry.

Also did they up the Haptics in the headset? When I crashed into walls today in GT7 my head was buzzing hard, in a good way.

ABnormal

Hmm the update seems to have increased the size of the sweet spot. Without moving your head and looking off to sides seems like you have more space till the blur kicks in especially notable in Cinamatic mode, used to be didnt even have to get to the edges before blurr kicked in now ONLY the edges are blurry.
That's not possible. The sweet spot is physical (optic physics), not software. But they could have tweaked foveated rendering width (being the change visible in cinematic mode makes me think it's something else, tough).

That's really sad. I was hoping to have the wonderful RE8 graphics on VR RE4. Bummed.

Well, at least it will still look good and in VR will impress anyway (IF on VR, of course).

It’s not that assets look bad

The biggest issue is how they are rendering the game. It’s a shimmering blurry mess on the flat screen running on fudelity mode, which makes no sense

It looks like a ps4 game, not a ps5 one

Hopefully a patch can sort it out…I’m just going to wait

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Polywatch Plastic Lens Scratch Remover https://a.co/d/cfGzSPf
This stuff worked wonders on my Quest 2 lens with a glasses scratch on it. Might want to wait until some other poor soul tries it on the PSVR2 lenses seeing as they might have some film or something on them.
Yeah it’s very minor when wearing them (I didn’t notice it after a few minutes playing) but that was my thought if I ever want to fix it. Let some one else make that gamble before I try :)

Crayon

Gran Turismo is unbelievably good. I've been pretty much stuck on it. I should try another game this weekend.

Anyone else been hearing good things about last clockwinder? It looks unappealing to me but I've heard like three channels now saying it's excellent. Looks like you make copies of yourself doing things so you can throws things around in an assembly line. Puzzly thing. I usually don't like that but I'm getting interested.

Dick Jones

Gran Turismo is unbelievably good. I've been pretty much stuck on it. I should try another game this weekend.

Anyone else been hearing good things about last clockwinder? It looks unappealing to me but I've heard like three channels now saying it's excellent. Looks like you make copies of yourself doing things so you can throws things around in an assembly line. Puzzly thing. I usually don't like that but I'm getting interested.
I've thrown myself back into the licences for gold. I am not the greatest driver but love the VR element to this and I've seen my times improve.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Well, unless it gets patched RE4make fells like (imo) putrid shit on a gamepad.... guess I'll be waiting for VR to play this one. Makes some space on the calendar this month for other games though. And there's a lot to play thankfully.
From what I've seen playing demo on ps5 we shouldn't have much expextation this will be good vr experience (have doubt now will be full game). Low res (somebody count 1800p but checkerboarded so very low internal res), fps problems, not good candidate for vr conversion.

Last edited:

BlackTron

PSVR2 seemed like the headset to wait for, but reading all the impressions, I'm not so sure anymore. I think I will stick to my antique PSVR1 (which I can still use on PC if I really want to for gamepad controlled games) and wait for a future headset. The market seems like it's about to get really interesting and VR is not a killer app for me, I don't like spending hours in it, it's just like a cool special arcade type game option to me. Like light gun games or steering wheels...it's really cool but not a critical part of my setup so I can keep waiting.

PSVR2 seemed like the headset to wait for, but reading all the impressions, I'm not so sure anymore. I think I will stick to my antique PSVR1 (which I can still use on PC if I really want to for gamepad controlled games) and wait for a future headset. The market seems like it's about to get really interesting and VR is not a killer app for me, I don't like spending hours in it, it's just like a cool special arcade type game option to me. Like light gun games or steering wheels...it's really cool but not a critical part of my setup so I can keep waiting.

Deffo worth holding out to see how the quest 3 pans out.

I'm just gutted it doesn't have eye tracking

Last edited:

Outlier

Just finished playing Pavlov for over 5 hours...
I'm dying.
Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

Normally don't play competitive games, but man what a trip!

Surfheart

The biggest issue is how they are rendering the game. It’s a shimmering blurry mess on the flat screen running on fudelity mode, which makes no sense

Thats a bummer, hopefully it looks at least as good as Village in VR.

Minsc

Good news is it looks great on PC, and people say it looks better on XSX than PS5 as well, so there is hope, definitely needs a few patches, and they'll probably tweak a lot further for VR anyway. Hopefully foveated rendering can do some heavy lifting. I'll still end up liking the VR version the best regardless I am sure.

Romulus

Playing the RE4 demo on PC with near-max settings at native 1440p res at high framerate, and not a blemish or pixel in sight, everything looks almost render-perfect and amazing, and yet... RE: Village VR Mode is so much more memorable to me. The way the lycans are giant and the way the 3D detail just sticks right out, aiming feels so much more natural and immersive, like the metal carvings and fine detail on the architecture, all those really nice things are just blended away into the background in the flat version. And the colors and lighting, in VR they really shine, literally, all the metallic stuff, always been a favorite 3D effect, glass/metal/reflective things.

Even with the lower-res limitations and all the other concessions needed to get RE4 on to PSVR2, I already know it's going to be so much better than the picture perfect demo version on my PC right now. I can't wait!

Playing a top tier game on a high end TV 20 years in the future wouldn't come close to current VR. Stereoscopic 3d is the gamechanger.

Minsc

Playing a top tier game on a high end TV 20 years in the future wouldn't come close to current VR. Stereoscopic 3d is the gamechanger.
Yes, I see now what everyone meant by how immersive vertical space in VR is too. In flat games there really is no feeling that really conveys height like in VR. High ceilings, large enemies, towering buildings, in VR everything seems nearly endlessly large, but flat there's almost no feeling of scale/size to things, everything is always relative to the small screen, unlike in VR where it's life-sized.

Markio128

Finally tried out the Sophy AI in GT7. SO MUCH BETTER than the current AI. I hope thing bring it back.

The whole game using the AI would be amazing. They should just leave the mode in for now.
I don’t think the PS5 could cope with a full pack of Sophy cars. I’d be happy if they just added a few cups, with multiple races using Sophy cars.

Good news is it looks great on PC, and people say it looks better on XSX than PS5 as well, so there is hope, definitely needs a few patches, and they'll probably tweak a lot further for VR anyway. Hopefully foveated rendering can do some heavy lifting. I'll still end up liking the VR version the best regardless I am sure.
Both versions unfortunately have the same checkerboard solutions. XSX and PS5. So it's not a matter of fixing the game, it's more about fixing their checkerboard + TAA, like on Horizon Forbidden West. HFW took 3 months to work on a new way to render the game and fixed it. I doubt Capcom will do that.

Crayon

Yeah don't be afraid to experiment with that brightness. I turned it down three ticks. Some fireworks started going on on a night race in gt and it was still so bright I had to squint. I tried to flip down the sun visor with my hand lol.

I've found that the face gasket lends support to the fit of the headset. It holds it steadier but that means it's a significant compromise playing with it off. It's still viable abut with the first one, the gasket barely grazed your face so it made no difference. I like that option especially when I'm playing with my wife. Happy to say it's getting easier to take on and off though. At first I was having a tough time. The fsterners are easy to use unce you get used to them, but there's still a lot.

Kilau

Ooooof. The nausea I got playing that horizon demo was the worst I've ever experienced playing VR. Plus the game didn't even look that good. It's been hyped as this show piece, when there are far better looking games on the system. Lame.
What movement did you use? I found the arm swinging to walk really helped me and I never get nausea while playing.

Crayon

Ooooof. The nausea I got playing that horizon demo was the worst I've ever experienced playing VR. Plus the game didn't even look that good. It's been hyped as this show piece, when there are far better looking games on the system. Lame.

Watch out for smooth turning, too. It's as bad as movement for some people. Try a combination of snap and natural turning, if you are standing.

SilentUser

Anyone else here playing The Light Brigade? They updated the game and made it much, much easier to read things (plus other improvements). I'm loving the game, the gameplay is pure fun! Top 3 of my favorite launch games along with Demeo and Resident Evil Village.

Crayon

Anyone else here playing The Light Brigade? They updated the game and made it much, much easier to read things (plus other improvements). I'm loving the game, the gameplay is pure fun! Top 3 of my favorite launch games along with Demeo and Resident Evil Village.

Heard many good things but there's so many games I've hardly even considered it. Getting "why didn't I try this earlier" vibes lol.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
When was the update? I happened to notice they were talking about an imminent patch today..

Pelao

Neo Member
I want some other game besides RE8 to shoot things and have manual reloading of weapons, but I'm not into playing multiplayer games.
Does Pavlov have access to all its content if I play against bots or is it limited in any way?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I want some other game besides RE8 to shoot things and have manual reloading of weapons, but I'm not into playing multiplayer games.
Does Pavlov have access to all its content if I play against bots or is it limited in any way?
The bots are awful. Don't buy PAVLOV for solo (imo).

Evolved1

TLB has seriously bad tracking issues. Or had, idk if the recent patch helps. But it was the first game I tried to play and it practically convinced me my fuckin headset was defective. Buyer beware.

PanzerCute

Yep I have already played 8 hours and still have to finish a run. All the classes are so cool and there is a lot to unlock and upgrade I love it. Really cool game, with great aesthethics.
They still have a bit of work to do but this patch is really great: 90fps and better IQ, with other QoL stuff, I mean I cant complain. Hopefully we get foveated rendering next week or the one after.

Gamerguy84

TLB has seriously bad tracking issues. Or had, idk if the recent patch helps. But it was the first game I tried to play and it practically convinced me my fuckin headset was defective. Buyer beware.

Yea I remember myself and a few others talking to yiu about tracking.

So your VR2 was OK with other games but this one was that bad? I did see some others on r PSVR saying similar.

Evolved1

Yea I remember myself and a few others talking to yiu about tracking.

So your VR2 was OK with other games but this one was that bad? I did see some others on r PSVR saying similar.
I think my tracking issues, mostly, were do to jank-ass games. I shouldn't have played those first, in hindsight. My area I have set up for spacious VR is apparently worst-case scenario for inside-out tracking... but that shit was messed up even in an area where it should definitely work. In front of my television with the tracking aid enabled abd plenty of objects around to help the room mapping. My tracking in this area is basically 95%. The only exception is After the Fall completely losing my right controller halfway through a run. And I couldn't fix it, even after trying to recalibrate etc. I had to turn off the console. Hasn't occurred since, and I've played many hours. Again, I'm blaming the game for that. But really no way to be sure.

But fuck TLB... hot mess. Hopefully they fix it, because the little the game functioned it was pretty fun.

SilentUser

When was the update? I happened to notice they were talking about an imminent patch today..
I just found out that I was already playing the updated version of the game (version 7 in the Americas) and that they didn't release it in other regions because of new bugs. Version 8, available to everyone now, fixed those bugs and brought the update to everyone. 90hz, better text, etc made a lot of difference, imo.

Top Bottom