• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

sncvsrtoip

Awesome - I bought the Light Brigade but I wanted to wait for the update before getting stuck in. I’m going to try this later.
Power of eye tracking foveated rendering - wasnt use before patch edit: turnes out they still didnt implement eye tracking

Last edited:

SilentUser

I'll try it tonight and see if the tracking is any better for me.
Hopefully it will be better. Had some trouble before, nothing too exceptional, but I can see myself getting pissed by losing because of bad tracking lol. Share your thoughts with us later, please :)

Rox598

Ordered my vr2 yesterday and it's en route

Checking the games I had when I briefly owned the first one so got job SIM at the ready lol any news about other games being updated? I never got to play the rick and Morty game so was hoping for that and star trek bridge crew

Oh and I expect you to die

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Ordered my vr2 yesterday and it's en route

Checking the games I had when I briefly owned the first one so got job SIM at the ready lol any news about other games being updated? I never got to play the rick and Morty game so was hoping for that and star trek bridge crew

Oh and I expect you to die

After the Fall PS5 Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder PS5 D-Day Enhanced PS5 Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue PS5 Job Simulator PS5 Last Labyrinth PS5 NFL Pro Era PS5 No Man's Sky PS5 Pistol Whip PS5 Puzzling Places PS5 RC Airplane Challenge PS5 Song in the Smoke: Rekindled PS5 Startenders PS5 Suicide Guy VR Deluxe PS5 Swordsman VR PS5 Synth Riders PS5 The Light Brigade PS5 The Tale of Onogoro PS5 The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Tourist Edition PS5 Vacation Simulator PS5 Windlands 2 PS5 Zenith: The Last City PS5.

Just a quick copy paste job. I'd say a lot more than that though.

Markio128

I need to stop spending money on games! I’ve just bought Zombieland and it’s a good game, but it’s a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. You need to be pretty accurate to get a head shot, but it’s definitely one of those ‘just one more go’ kind of games and I do feel like I’m getting better with each try.

MastAndo

I'll tell ya, Moss isn't just a good VR game, it's a great game in general. There VR medium most definitely heightens the impact of everything happening though. Moss 2, in particular, has been one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I have had in a good, long while. If you're a platformer and/or puzzle game fan at all, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. Hats off to the devs (Polyarc) - I really hope they're working on something new, though I haven't been able to find any info about that.

Crayon

I want to see the next hybrid game from Sony. Gt7 doesn't reveal how they intend to handle these. Gt7 happens to be a game where the view and the controller is going to naturally carry over.

I want to see how they handle a god of war or spiderman. Those implementations might be like Gran Turismo where you play the game with a controller and from the normal tp view with not much changes. That would make it really easy to implement and I would like it a lot. The other option is to get deeper into vr-ifying the game more like re8. And re8 was even fp to begin with so imagine trying to remix spiderman 2 for VR. That would take more time and be harder.

I'm impatient to know which way they go. I'd like to have those tp lakitu modes so if they go further, I'd at least like the option.

Being able to seamlessly flip between VR and flat in gt7 is fantastic. After a few races, I can just take the headset off as I go through menus and shop for cars and things like that. Slap it back on when it's time to race and go. Nice for a break from wearing it. I would really like that option in their other games; Put on and take of the headset whenever you feel like it and keep playing.

SilentUser

I'll tell ya, Moss isn't just a good VR game, it's a great game in general. There VR medium most definitely heightens the impact of everything happening though. Moss 2, in particular, has been one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I have had in a good, long while. If you're a platformer and/or puzzle game fan at all, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. Hats off to the devs (Polyarc) - I really hope they're working on something new, though I haven't been able to find any info about that.
It is on my wishlist, will soon buy Moss I and II. Don't think I can go wrong buying both as I like both platformer and puzzle games. Plus, the game is really cute! Pretty sure I will end up loving it.

I want to see the next hybrid game from Sony. Gt7 doesn't reveal how they intend to handle these. Gt7 happens to be a game where the view and the controller is going to naturally carry over.

I want to see how they handle a god of war or spiderman. Those implementations might be like Gran Turismo where you play the game with a controller and from the normal tp view with not much changes. That would make it really easy to implement and I would like it a lot. The other option is to get deeper into vr-ifying the game more like re8. And re8 was even fp to begin with so imagine trying to remix spiderman 2 for VR. That would take more time and be harder.

I'm impatient to know which way they go. I'd like to have those tp lakitu modes so if they go further, I'd at least like the option.

Being able to seamlessly flip between VR and flat in gt7 is fantastic. After a few races, I can just take the headset off as I go through menus and shop for cars and things like that. Slap it back on when it's time to race and go. Nice for a break from wearing it. I would really like that option in their other games; Put on and take of the headset whenever you feel like it and keep playing.
God of War is very unlikely to ever make the transition in its current form. Ir just wouldn’t work, imo. Spiderman might get something, but it definitely won’t be a full game experience. I don’t get vr sick, bjt swinging would be awful for disorientation.

Raonak

My family came over and I showed them VR for the first time.

Their minds were so blown, especially my parents who hadn't ever seen anything like this. My dad was a pro on kayak while my mum didn't even understand how oars worked 😂

They wanted to get PSVR now lol 👀

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

My family came over and I showed them VR for the first time.

Their minds were so blown, especially my parents who hadn't ever seen anything like this. My dad was a pro on kayak while my mum didn't even understand how oars worked 😂

They wanted to get PSVR now lol 👀
Yea it's a very different feeling playing a videogame on a fixed 2d screen than it is being in a videogame all around you with stereoscopic 3d.

Playing RE is so frigging creepy even if you know what's next. Your really there.

Sleepwalker

Got some PS credit laying around and would love some recommendations!

This is my library so far:

RE8
GT7
Horizon
Zombieland
Pavlov
Moss 2
Switchback (preordered)

I got $34 in my PS wallet and not looking to top up right now so that leaves out Star wars, NMS, Demeo and Townsmen VR. Anything else is fair game

Sleepwalker

I'm praying that F1 2023 comes with PSVR2 support, they already support PCVR so here's hoping. I want more specialized racing games. I love GT but there's something magic about driving in an actual F1 event in VR.

Crayon

All right so I just got done with my first session in townsmen. So far, I like it and I'll be playing more when I get back from a grocery shopping.

It is like populous. If you don't know, that's like a proto RTS. You don't have direct control over your units, though in this you can pick them up and move them around to give them different roles. So it's a little more hands-on so to speak than populous.

Anyone else here playing The Light Brigade? They updated the game and made it much, much easier to read things (plus other improvements). I'm loving the game, the gameplay is pure fun! Top 3 of my favorite launch games along with Demeo and Resident Evil Village.
I bought it but haven't played yet. People seem to really like it.

Rac3r

What should I buy next? Before Your Eyes, Moss, or Pistol Whip? I already have GT7, Pavlov and RE Village. Looking for something chill.

Romulus

Guys if you're Star Wars fans and you don't want a open world 50 hour RPG but something more linear but definitely AAA feeling. Try Tales from the Galaxy's Edge. Definitely an underrated 7-9 hour game that checks a lot of boxes.

Last edited:

Minsc

All right so I just got done with my first session in townsmen. So far, I like it and I'll be playing more when I get back from a grocery shopping.

It is like populous. If you don't know, that's like a proto RTS. You don't have direct control over your units, though in this you can pick them up and move them around to give them different roles. So it's a little more hands-on so to speak than populous.
Looks really fun to me, I definitely will be getting to it sooner than later on the list of PSVR2 games I think.

nashman

Beat TLB a few days ago. Awesome game I give it an 8.5. I didnt have the tracking issues other have had. Other than the pistols witch I couldnt hit anything more than 10 feet in front of me, the other guns all did what I wanted them to 98% of the time.

Beat Horizon yesterday aswell. Another awesome game I give a 8.5 too. It starts slow but the game gets better in the second half for sure. Yeah there is a little too much climbing but the sense of verticality makes up for it. If they make sequel a little less climbing a bit more combat and free movement during the combat were good to go.

Had a couple of really cool moments, the snow level you sneak past some watchers then climb high above them, the were almost the size of ants when looking back down, I tried shhoting at them and yep got in a fight at super long range they were firing shots and had to take cover, very cool long distant fight. Second was late in the game you do a jump to rope hanging from wood. So I jump, and I grabbed the rope midway down. I then stopped reloaded the checkpoint. I thought this was just kinda on rails/automatic that you jump and you land on the rope but wanted to check. So i made sure i had some space in front of me IRL, I looked up higher as I jumped this time and also IRL jumped a bit and had my hands way up high AND YES I GRABBED THE WOOD ABOVE, bypassing the rope all together! Such a cool little moment. Also when throwing the rope grab thing straight up above my head I missed hit a ledge and caught it out of mid air as it fell back down to me. Cool little but super immersive things that VR gaming feel so good.

Bought pistol whip today played a bit, seems really fun so far.

Sleepwalker

Moss 2 is beautiful but im not sure if anyone has found this issue, there's a strange motion, I wouldn't call it a stutter, its more like a wobble that happens when you settle your head after looking around the stage, its a little jarring and gives me some motion sickness. I dont remember that in Moss 1 on the quest.

ABnormal

Got some PS credit laying around and would love some recommendations!

This is my library so far:

RE8
GT7
Horizon
Zombieland
Pavlov
Moss 2
Switchback (preordered)

I got $34 in my PS wallet and not looking to top up right now so that leaves out Star wars, NMS, Demeo and Townsmen VR. Anything else is fair game
Mmm, definitely Saints and Sinners...

ABnormal

Moss 2 is beautiful but im not sure if anyone has found this issue, there's a strange motion, I wouldn't call it a stutter, its more like a wobble that happens when you settle your head after looking around the stage, its a little jarring and gives me some motion sickness. I dont remember that in Moss 1 on the quest.
It's also on Moss 1 on PSVR 2 (I just finished a long session). It's annoying because otherwise it would never trigger any motion sickness. Fortunately those drifts are very short and not so frequent. But they still bother me in a otherwise perfect experience.

MastAndo

Yep, I noticed it in both games (on PSVR2). It seems to happen more frequently in the sections where you're flipping through the book, or at least that's when I noticed it most and could make it happen willingly.

Last edited:

Forsete

Before Your Eyes crashed on me after ~1 hour gameplay yesterday.

Restarted the game, and wtf.. no progress was saved? :messenger_pensive:

Wow, Resident Evil Village is seriously impressive! This actually feels like a real game and not a tech demo.

Horizon is cool and impressive and all, but many features feel very gimmicky and tacked on just for the sake of it, I'm getting flashbacks from playing Nintendo Wii.

Generally I don't think some mechanics need to be physical, like moving stuff to your mouth to eat/drink when healing. To me it's just cumbersome and doesn't feel very intuitive (same in RE).

gunstarhero

How’s the gameplay? Any sort of challenge, or is it one of those almost impossible to die type of games?
m

gunstarhero

Guys if you're Star Wars fans and you don't want a open world 50 hour RPG but something more linear but definitely AAA feeling. Try Tales from the Galaxy's Edge. Definitely an underrated 7-9 hour game that checks a lot of boxes.
This and Switchback are on my list. Really trying to throttle my interest to buy everything! GT7 has me hooked, and Runner + Synth Riders have been good side distractions, but i’m getting tempted nonetheless.

Rudius

Deffo worth holding out to see how the quest 3 pans out.

I'm just gutted it doesn't have eye tracking
We know what Quest 3 will be.

Basically start with a Quest Pro, take out the eye-tracking, replace the screens with local dimming and QLED by simple LCDs, use Quest 2 design slimmed down (everything in the front) and pack in Quest 2 controllers (Quest Pro's cost 300 a pair).

It's advantage will be a SOC based on the snapdragon 8 gen 2 vs the 865 of Quest 2. That should give it about double the power, so the real world jump in performance should be like going from PS4 to PS4 Pro.

Basically start with a Quest Pro, take out the eye-tracking, replace the screens with local dimming and QLED by simple LCDs, use Quest 2 design slimmed down (everything in the front) and pack in Quest 2 controllers (Quest Pro's cost 300 a pair).

It's advantage will be a SOC based on the snapdragon 8 gen 2 vs the 865 of Quest 2. That should give it about double the power, so the real world jump in performance should be like going from PS4 to PS4 Pro.

If only it’d have eye tracking you could maybe sort of have ps4 graphics on it which would be insane for a mobile powered chip. But nooooo it’ll just be slightly better than quest 2 because 2 times the power will result in something less than exactly 2x as good looking.

Romulus

I agree on all points except the last one. The ps4 pro jump from base ps4 was still gimped by the jaguar cpu that was bad in 2013. Quest 2 has a good cpu as is(according to devs). The problem has always been the gpu. So a 2x-2.5x gpu bump is solving a real problem and rounding out the hardware unlike ps4 pro. While the gpu bump was welcome in ps4 pro's case, it still dragging an anchor.

Romulus

If only it’d have eye tracking you could maybe sort of have ps4 graphics on it which would be insane for a mobile powered chip. But nooooo it’ll just be slightly better than quest 2 because 2 times the power will result in something less than exactly 2x as good looking.

Quest 2 ports are very close to psvr1 ports but the gpu is the problem. Quest 2 still had higher resolution versions of psvr 1 games DooM 3, walking dead, and Iron Man, which many thought wouldn't run on Quest 2. So doubling the gpu will have a big effect.

Mikey Jr.

So I went on a 2 week vacation on the day this dropped.

I am so hyped for this but since on vacation, I didn't pick it up yet.

So how is it? Great? The hardware is good? No weird defects or anything?

Buggy Loop

Recent CAD leaks are showing that Quest 3 will have their own tracking ala Quest Pro without ring

images

On top of that.. it's an on-going process, who knows if they add eye tracking. But even without it, it will probably sell a bazillion with a PS4 with modern effects processing power standalone.

Quest 2 ports are very close to psvr1 ports but the gpu is the problem. Quest 2 still had higher resolution versions of psvr 1 games DooM 3, walking dead, and Iron Man, which many thought wouldn't run on Quest 2. So doubling the gpu will have a big effect.
Yes but not nearly as big as doubling the gpu + included eye tracking. It would also extend massively the graphics you could show when connected to a PC. 4090 + eye tracking oh wow.

Also, the difference between ps4 base and pro was like 4x

Last edited:

Forsete

I love mine.

Hardware is excellent IMO. Comfort is also great. I've only had one time where it was a little painful, but I had probably put it on wrong that time.

Rudius

I mean that the difference in raw power between a Quest 2 and Quest 3 should be similar to the difference between a PS4 Amateur and PS4 Pro, about a 2X improvement on the GPU and a small increase in CPU (~30%).

As we know, that was enough to get a game from 1080p to 1440P most of the times, plus some minor graphical improvements on the Pro.

In the Quest 3 it should have about the same relative impact, so I mainly expect better resolutions, but similar graphics.

With eye-tracking they could leave the total resolution as is and use the 2X GPU increase for better graphics.

Rudius

Yes but not nearly as big as doubling the gpu + included eye tracking. It would also extend massively the graphics you could show when connected to a PC. 4090 + eye tracking oh wow.

Also, the difference between ps4 base and pro was like 4x
The Pro is 2.3X the GPU power of a PS4.

It was the X Box One X that got a 4X improvement vs One.

SilentUser

I'm absolutely loving it: very comfortable, very easy to use, good field of view, great controllers and the colors/brightness are awesome. I was expecting a better IQ to be honest and still wish it was sharper, but, in the end, I'm very used to it now and loving the choices Sony made.
If I can give one piece of advise it would be this: try it before buying. You might dislike the softness of the image (it is nowhere a deal breaker, imo, but that depends on the person, I guess) or something else I don't even care to acknowledge that it exists.

The Pro is 2.3X the GPU power of a PS4.

It was the X Box One X that got a 4X improvement vs One.
Yep you’re right, my bad. Yes so like you say, more like res bumps than better graphics. That’s why it’d be nice to have eye tracking also. Would make a huge difference and I think it’s a mistake to not include it.

Fredrik

Yep you’re right, my bad. Yes so like you say, more like res bumps than better graphics. That’s why it’d be nice to have eye tracking also. Would make a huge difference and I think it’s a mistake to not include it.
Yeah it’s a major oversight. I assume they’ll be annoying and release a Quest 3 Pro with eye-tracking a year later and early adopters will regret going in day one on the regular Quest 3.
The VR industry moves so fast right now, on the hardware side at least.

Top Bottom