• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Just you.

It's an industry wide thing :p
Oh good. :)

Now please tell me the secret to getting a female Totodile. Like 2 boxes of babies and all males... I need a female so I can slap on an egg move but the game won't cooperate. lol

EDIT: Aaaaaand Japanese White 2 ordered for $11.35 total.

This game is harder than Splatoon S rank. :|

Don't know what to do when those two star difficulty missions are all in かなりむずかしい dungeons, I want to grind before go into second part of the story. Maybe I should grind some items in easier dungeons first.

This game is harder than Splatoon S rank. :|

Don't know what to do when those two star difficulty missions are all in かなりむずかしい dungeons, I want to grind before go into second part of the story. Maybe I should grind some items in easier dungeons first.
Grind gold bars in easier dungeons and then use them to get a fuckton of seeds from Cofagrigus.

Busaiku

Japanese used market is a lot livelier because renting games have always been illegal.
Among other things of course, but this is one factor that's unique to the country versus the densely packed cities of the US or whatever.

Oh, really? I think another part of it is that the Japanese are a lot less likely to store their carts up their a-holes than Americans, though.

Works for me either way though I guess. I want to replay some older Pokemon games in Japanese and it's gonna be a lot cheaper than I thought it would be so I'm really happy.

brinstar

This may be a dumb question but I'm asking just in case. I have copies of Pokemon X, Y and Alpha Sapphire all downloaded digitally on my 3DS XL. I'm planning on getting a New 3DS XL soon-ish. The system transfer will bring everything over with no problem, right? I've transferred before with no issues (before any Pokemon titles came out) but I just want to make sure there's no stupid protection on Pokemon files or something.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Has anybody else been picking up some of the pokemon Amiibo?

I'm expecting a bloodbath in November for the Mewtwo amiibo. I've actually only gotten pikachu and charizard (I don't hunt too hard). Hopefuflly Mewtwo isn't retail exclusive.

I currently own Charizard. I wanted to get Greninja but he's sold out at the moment.

Undecided about Mewtwo.

Now please tell me the secret to getting a female Totodile. Like 2 boxes of babies and all males... I need a female so I can slap on an egg move but the game won't cooperate. lol

The secret to getting a Female Totodile is
patient.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On one hand, it sucks that Pokemon XY anime doesn't have its own OT

On the other hand:

>pokemon anime stuff outside of OS saga in GAF
>pokemon stuff outside community in GAF
>posters who do understand to be in this thread anyway

I actually did get my female Totodile last night. Two in a row actually and the second one was 31/X/31/31/31/31 with Sheer Force. I just need to make it have a jolly good time with my Dragonite and I should have my DD Totodile really quickly.

I think it took around 3 boxes of Totodile total though. Can't remember precisely because I released all the Torrent ones.

EDIT: Dude a Pokemon XY Anime OT would have like 5 million shitposts in the first 10 minutes of it going up

Boss Doggie

Exactly, it's probably better here. Also I take it most gaffers never watch fansubbed anime.

Chase17

This may be a dumb question but I'm asking just in case. I have copies of Pokemon X, Y and Alpha Sapphire all downloaded digitally on my 3DS XL. I'm planning on getting a New 3DS XL soon-ish. The system transfer will bring everything over with no problem, right? I've transferred before with no issues (before any Pokemon titles came out) but I just want to make sure there's no stupid protection on Pokemon files or something.

When I transferred my ORAS data was fine. I would back up the data if you can just in case though.

Firestorm

Exactly, it's probably better here. Also I take it most gaffers never watch fansubbed anime.
It's GAF. Like most nerdy hangouts on the Internet I'd say most have their heads so far up their asses with fansubbed anime they don't give even give good dubs a chance.

Boss Doggie

To wit, you should copy your files in your pc, do system transfer, then paste them in your new 3DS

It's GAF. Like most nerdy hangouts on the Internet I'd say most have their heads so far up their asses with fansubbed anime they don't give even give good dubs a chance.

This is pokemon though, it's one of "those" anime.

Also applies to nerdy hangouts on college campuses. Mentioning that you sometimes watch dubbed anime in one of those places can be a horrifying experience.

Busaiku

Besides fansubbing generally not being as popular nowadays due to legal avenues for other shows, Pokémon would be too much of a disconnect against the games and merchandise.
I think the quality of the dub (just VAs) is fine, but I would regularly watch a Mad Bull 34-level dub before I even consider watching the Japanese.

Firestorm

Fansubbing for me was more about speed or availability. If it wasn't in English yet it was hard to watch it in English! I think Goku from Dragon Ball Z (EN) and L from Death Note (JP) are the only two that I just can't picture listening to with a different voice. Maybe Luffy from One Piece (JP).

But yeah, Pokemon is a pretty low quality show targeted at a very young audience so it is pretty crazy to fight dub vs sub on it. Polishing a turd and all that.

JoeM86

Fansubbing for me was more about speed or availability. If it wasn't in English yet it was hard to watch it in English! I think Goku from Dragon Ball Z (EN) and L from Death Note (JP) are the only two that I just can't picture listening to with a different voice. Maybe Luffy from One Piece (JP).

But yeah, Pokemon is a pretty low quality show targeted at a very young audience so it is pretty crazy to fight dub vs sub on it. Polishing a turd and all that.

Subjective but nothing about how it's made or how it looks is low quality.

I'm looking forward to playing White 2's Challenge Mode when it comes in the mail. Should be fun. While I'm going to fight every trainer and stuff, I do plan to avoid going out of my way to deliberately grind like I did in my Black 2 playthrough. And Gen V has Kanji so it shouldn't be too annoying to read. But I'll have to play it on my Japanese 3ds, and that's the original model, and I like my 1:1 so uh... Joy. ;_; Having to buy Dream Radar again is also going to be not-fun.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm actually impressed about how nice the backgrounds in XY look---sometimes the characters are off, but I love how they make Kalos look.

Someone once said this, but XY really feels like a "travel show" more than a shonen series these days. A lot of episodes make me wanna travel to France.

Also Japanese is the way to go. Sorry, but the dub doesn't keep all the good music so it's instantly inferior in my opinion.

Watch Da Birdie

Best Wishes actually had decent backgrounds too, the issue was I recall they used waaaay too much stock footage. I remember the Burgh episode was horrible about this.

But otherwise I think how Pokemon looks is the least issue. For a weekly series I think it looks fine enough as a budget would allow.

those pokemon selection for butts are... weird

I'm surprised they didn't put lucario there
They were aiming for cute in a non-sexual way, not a "Oh man I would totally pound that all night long" way!

Also, Lucario's butt isn't round enough. They needed round-ish behinds for this to work.

Boss Doggie

They were aiming for cute in a non-sexual way, not a "Oh man I would totally pound that all night long" way!

Also, Lucario's butt isn't round enough. They needed round-ish behinds for this to work.

the shorts would make him round

I mean, this isn't "birthing hips" Mewtwo levels of oddness

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I decided to continue playing Gates to Infinity and I now remember why I stopped playing it.

The sound effect for the slow scrolling text is so annoying, what idiot thought that was a good idea?

Urgh, not sure if I want to either put up with it, mute it or just stop playing the game and write off the Mystery Dungeon series.

Chase17

So I decided to continue playing Gates to Infinity and I now remember why I stopped playing it.

The sound effect for the slow scrolling text is so annoying, what idiot thought that was a good idea?

Urgh, not sure if I want to either put up with it, mute it or just stop playing the game and write off the Mystery Dungeon series.
The slow text speed was brutal. Hopefully it's fixed in SMD.

Watch Da Birdie

They're totally gonna make a Stunky Pokemon Butt that's just its face, right?

Mr_Joe

Figure I'll ask this here, I wasn't a huge fan of X and ended up trading it in, but I'm really tempted to give Alpha Sapphire a try (especially since Amazon has it for $27). Is there enough of a difference between the two that I may have better luck with AS?

Also, very important, does ORAS have the EXP Share? Because I can't go back to not having it.

Figure I'll ask this here, I wasn't a huge fan of X and ended up trading it in, but I'm really tempted to give Alpha Sapphire a try (especially since Amazon has it for $27). Is there enough of a difference between the two that I may have better luck with AS?

Also, very important, does ORAS have the EXP Share? Because I can't go back to not having it.

The only difference between XY and ORAS is the setting. And yes, the EXP Share is in ORAS.

Going through Serebii's DP pages because reasons. Hey remember when he used to use offscreen pictures? Oh man I was like 14 back then and seeing these pages is as nostalgic as fuck. I'm honestly glad we're past those dark ages though. *shudders*

Top Bottom