• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl boxart !!

reminder

imgwchancepresent7uj.jpg

Edit: re-hosted

demi

This game will be hot, I will be purchasing Diamond, as only playa pimps like myself roll in style.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm going to be putting too many hours into this.. I can already see it.

The Official Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Thread is going to be full of me geeking stats.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
That map looks very similiar to the Johto/Kanto regions :)

jesusraz

I actually liked the look of that video - at least it's a step up from previous Pokémon games! As long as Game Freak ups the gameplay quality to incorporate some handy touch-screen functionality, I'll be happy. Oh, and online battles...

So is this/are these due on 8th September?

We need confirmation that you can revisit regions.
So far ive hit second base with the return of night and day, now we need to get to third base.

lyre

More legendary dragon or dragon/psychic (ie latios and latias) types? Whatever, just release them already!

Hopefully theyll clean the slate and start over with the pokemon animal kingdom. Im really not up for finding and/or learning the movesets and stats of the 500 pokemon theyve accumalated over the years. It was hard enough to play ruby/sapphire competitively.

I wish they would make cooler dual types. Like why not a ground dragon? or a ghost fire?
And how about making a bug pokemon that DOESN'T SUCK ASS.

lyre

Earthstrike said:
I wish they would make cooler dual types. Like why not a ground dragon? or a ghost fire?

Flygon.png

And how about waiting until the game is released before making complaints like this (they've only shown >10 new monsters). :p

Aurora

I agree with Earthstrike though, they need to stop making "logical" dual types like ice/water and do crazy ones like he mentioned.

Another thing I would welcome, though I sincerely doubt it will ever happen, is to have a 4th evolution for Pokémon - and I don't mean pre-evolved forms.

lyre

I'd rather have existing monsters with alternate evolutions (like a Charmander that can evolve to a Fire/Dragon type or a Squirtle to a Water/Dark type) myself. It's not really necessary to have more than 3 forms for a single type of monster (that's just heading to Digimon territory there .. ZOMG 3943240349390238472389 stages of growth for one monster!!).

Though despite it's obvious weaknesses, I would like more nonuseless Bug and, to a lesser extent, Ground types (or a nonuseless Ground/Bug type :p ).

Earthstrike said:

I guess you didnt play netbattle.

heracross, scizor, forretress, ninjask were all very commonly used in the prime cup metagame because of their ability to fill niches. Heracross was a beast all its own. Its immense attack even allows it to overcome most type disadvantages when you can successfully predict whats bieng switched in.

Emotions

This is definately a step up from the gba ones, but Pokemon has never been about graphics anyways, this is just a plus for me.

TehOh

cvxfreak said:
Importing Diamond as soon as it's out. Can't wait, we gotta set up some trading and battling! :D
Probably importing Pearl myself. I can't wait!

When does FF3 DS come out? I thought it was also around September 28th.

In any case, I can easily see the DS lite selling well over a million units in September. We're going to have shortages again.

keanerie

Damn, everyone's losing their marbles over Diamond. I'm going for Pearl. Somehow I always end up as the kid in the schoolyard with the version nobody wanted...at least there were always people to trade with.

Emotions

I'll wait for the US version of this, hopefully early next year. There's too much DS,GBA, PS2 and Wii stuff i want this year.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I havent played a pokemon game since pokemon yellow. I have a horrible feeling catching up on all the battle strategies and pokemon types/attacks strategies is going to take me FOREVEEEERRRR!!!!!!

:(

Dunno if I should import or wait though....is English/understanding text really important to a pokemon game you think?

kaizoku said:
I havent played a pokemon game since pokemon yellow. I have a horrible feeling catching up on all the battle strategies and pokemon types/attacks strategies is going to take me FOREVEEEERRRR!!!!!!

Dunno if I should import or wait though....is English/understanding text really important to a pokemon game you think?

I'd say so. Unless you had a guide to tell you what all the commands on your menu and battle menu are, it'd be pretty effing difficult to try and playthrough the game that way.

Emotions

kaizoku said:

Get FireRed and Emerald , you will be able to transfer your Pokemons to Pearl and Diamond.

yonder

Why can't you walk in 8 directions? And why is everything so zig-zaggy? :'( It looks like all the other ones...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Emotions said:
Get FireRed and Emerald , you will be able to transfer your Pokemons to Pearl and Diamond.

fully trained up?

its an option i guess....but i think i have enough crap to get on with in the meanwhile. i'll spend 100 hours on diamond/pearl rather than 100 hours on emerald and then again on diamond/pearl.

Top Bottom