• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Plus I have to imagine that advertising in videogames for a month is incredibly cheap. I mean I was shocked he bought that prime time space, but then when it came out that it was less than a million to buy it, it makes sense as a bargain.

Tamanon said:
Plus I have to imagine that advertising in videogames for a month is incredibly cheap. I mean I was shocked he bought that prime time space, but then when it came out that it was less than a million to buy it, it makes sense as a bargain.

He should have bought a whole hour and had a 30 minute viewer call-in. That would have been awesome.

tanod

when is my burrito
thefro said:
I see most of Obama's ads on local sites in swing states (i.e. local newspapers) and sports sites.

Mccain seems to be using blanket google ads instead.

McCain must think the internet is one giant voting bloc.

besada

Banned
Cheebs said:
He has money to waste, not money to throw away. Texas is 0.00000000% chance of switching. McCain has over a double digit lead there since forever.

McCain has a 10 point lead there if you average the polls. Some of those polls show a lead as low as 5, and even better known polls like Rasmussen show only an 8 point lead.

Guy Legend

lawl

Baby named Sarah McCain Palin

A new father has secretly named his baby girl Sarah McCain Palin after the Republican ticket for president and vice president.

Mark Ciptak of Elizabethton put that name on the documents for the girl's birth certificate, ignoring the name Ava Grace, which he and his wife had picked earlier.

"I don't think she believes me yet," he told the Kingsport Times-News for a story to be published Tuesday. "It's going to take some more convincing."

Ciptak, a blood bank employee for the American Red Cross, said he named his third child after John McCain and Sarah Palin to "to get the word out" about the campaign.

"I took one for the cause," he said. "I can't give a lot of financial support for the (McCain/Palin) campaign. I do have a sign up in my yard, but I can do very little."

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66550&catid=2

Polling didn't go anywhere again today, well at least not yet. I think the CNN polls (generally Obama friendly) are due out later today along with a Bloomberg national poll at 5PM EDT as well.

Charlie Crist in Florida has to be driving Republicans crazy . He's the one guy in Florida that could turn things around for McCain, but he's been conspicuously absent and avoiding them completely ever since things turned south, apparently very happy to stay bottled away in Tallahassee until after the election. It's the classic behavior of a blue state Republican governor, and it speaks volumes about how Crist-whose political radar is likely as fine-tuned as his gaydar is-really sees this election playing out.

He doesn't want to be on the side of the Republican ticket in 2008 going into his relection in 2010.

Fragamemnon said:
Polling didn't go anywhere again today, well at least not yet. I think the CNN polls (generally Obama friendly) are due out later today along with a Bloomberg national poll at 5PM EDT as well.

Charlie Crist in Florida has to be driving Republicans crazy . He's the one guy in Florida that could turn things around for McCain, but he's been conspicuously absent and avoiding them completely ever since things turned south, apparently very happy to stay bottled away in Tallahassee until after the election. It's the classic behavior of a blue state Republican governor, and it speaks volumes about how Crist-whose political radar is likely as fine-tuned as his gaydar is-really sees this election playing out.

He doesn't want to be on the side of the Republican ticket in 2008 going into his relection in 2010.

CNN poll of polls of battlegrounds are already out

Obama had a 12 point lead in Wisconsin

Obama had an 11 point lead in Colarado

Obama had a 13 point lead in Pennsylvania

GhaleonEB

I hate to burst the panic bubble, but in Gallup's likely voter models, Obama is unchanged from yesterday.

Gallup is also looking at the race according to two likely voter scenarios. One, the traditional Gallup approach, takes into account voters' intentions to vote in the current election as well as their self-reported voting history. Among this group, Obama leads McCain by six points, 51% to 45%. The other approach uses only voters' self-professed likelihood to vote in 2008, but does not take into account whether respondents have voted in past elections. Among this expanded group, Obama leads by 10 points, 53% to 43%.
That's the model Nate at 538 and Pollster will be using, and TPM as well.

Speaking of which:

TPM's Daily Tracker Summary for today:

Obama is ahead 50.6%-43.1%, a lead of 7.5 points, identical to the 50.6%-43.1% Obama lead from yesterday.

McMentum?

GhaleonEB said:
I hate to burst the panic bubble, but in Gallup's likely voter models, Obama is unchanged from yesterday.

That's the model Nate at 538 and Pollster will be using, and TPM as well.

Speaking of which:

TPM's Daily Tracker Summary for today:

Obama is ahead 50.6%-43.1%, a lead of 7.5 points, identical to the 50.6%-43.1% Obama lead from yesterday.

McMentum?
O'ceiling?

http://rothenbergpoliticalreport.blogspot.com/

Stu Rothernberg has upped his Democratic House of Representatives gains to 25-30 seats, which when piled on top of 2006's catastrophic losses would result in the House GOP completely being unable to affect legislation. Obama could literally ram through whatever he wanted even with minimal Blue Dog support.

The GOP House needs a bailout package from the RNC, and much like the bank bailouts, they needed it weeks ago.

Barrett2

The Lamonster said:
I'd better call my local Obama office to let them know I'm giving up.

:lol After all, McCain has us 'right where he wants us.'

Also, what happened to Shiggie? Damnit, I leave to do homework for 30 minutes and I miss something on an otherwise slow day!

1-D_FTW

Fragamemnon said:

I'm gonna be hugely disappointed if Florida isn't blue this election. I have a lot more faith in Florida than the other close swing states. I live in a fairly yuppie Republican part and it's absolutely SHOCKING how you never see bumper stickers/yard signs for McCain. It's usually 50:1 for Republican paraphernalia here. And you just don't see anything for him. It's surreal.

The slow PoliGAF thread is killing me today.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm not that interested in the next debate. I know it's a dangerous mindset, but I feel like Obama already won :lol

lawblob said:
:lol After all, McCain has us 'right where he wants us.'

This was the most absurd line out of McCain in weeks. When your opponent has multiple paths to 270 and you have, well, pretty much none, that's not 'right where you want them'.

It's delusional and everyone knew it.

Barrett2

Fragamemnon said:
This was the most absurd line out of McCain in weeks. When your opponent has multiple paths to 270 and you have, well, pretty much none, that's not 'right where you want them'.

It's delusional and everyone knew it.

After seeing pics of the 'Palin 2012' posters being circulated at their rallies, I think delusions are all they have left.

Fox318

CharlieDigital said:
The slow PoliGAF thread is killing me today.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm not that interested in the next debate. I know it's a dangerous mindset, but I feel like Obama already won :lol
Actually the debate should be interesting because RACISM will come up. Palin and the recent McCain rallies will make it an issue. Character will also be an issue. It will be an econmic debate.

Also after this election the Commission on Presidential Debates should be disbanded or rebuilt.

Debate Eve Late Night TV

Josh Brolin on Letterman
Dakota Fanning on Leno

Kristen Bell and a comedy sketch with Samuel L. Jackson on Craig
Harry Connick Jr. and Richard Lewis on Conan *Jimmy YES!*

Ari Fleischer on Daily Show

lawblob said:
After seeing pics of the 'Palin 2012' posters being circulated at their rallies, I think delusions are all they have left.
If McCain loses, and Palin is a legitimate contender in the 2012 Republican primaries, I'll eat my hat.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
tanod said:
If this trend continues, McCain will win the election 63% to 52%

IT'S OVER!! SELL YOUR YARD SIGNS!!

2wq97c1.gif

lawblob said:

Given the religious rights' enormous capacity for cognitive dissonance, maybe I shouldn't be as surprised about that as I am.

M3wThr33

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:
If McCain loses, and Palin is a legitimate contender in the 2012 Republican primaries, I'll eat my hat.
You don't need experience to be president! Just be a radical conservative with boobs!

Barrett2

Steve Youngblood said:

I suppose a Palin 2012 run would actually be good for us, it would be evidence of how whacked out and marginalized the GOP becomes in the next four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom