• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
McCainVsObama.jpg

unless...

ObamaYell.jpg

alone?

Stay tuned for more what the fuck

SEP. 26 - "The first presidential debate, at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, will focus on foreign policy and national security. John McCain and Barack Obama will stand at lecterns and answer questions from moderator Jim Lehrer."

ADDENDUM: New information suggests they will throw in tons of economic questions, in light of the recent revelations

WATCH FULL DEBATE: HERE.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
OH FUCK NEW THREAD *GASM*

Let's start this bitch out right:

Lovebunny.png

RubxQub

grandjedi6 said:
I'm taking bets now. $10 a pop, who thinks McCain will actually make the debate?
Sounds like a new Intrade contract is in order!

Tobor

grandjedi6 said:
I'm taking bets now. $10 a pop, who thinks McCain will actually make the debate?

He'll be there. The deal will get done in time and he can swoop in and pretend he brokered it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
To recap: McCain is a lying scumbag, Bush ruins yet another business he's involved in, Palin knows as much about running the country as Kittonwy.

Obama and Biden: (laughs)

electricpirate said:
Krugman pretty called this shit 3 years ago, and as far as I'm concerened he's about the smartest guy in the room right now.

Krugman is always the smartest guy in the room. From his blog today:

But there’s another possible explanation, which I find terrifyingly plausible: the plan came first, and all this stuff about price discovery is an after-the-fact rationalization, invented when people started asking questions.

It has seemed very strange to me that such a supposedly crucial economic program would be based on such an exotic argument. My sneaking suspicion is that they started with a determination to throw money at the financial industry, and everything else is just an excuse.

RubxQub

sp0rsk said:
...Palin knows as much about running the country as Kittonwy.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

[cue epic music]

In a world without an economy....

Only one man can save a nation......

[zoom in on McCain, music slows to a stop]

...and he isn't that man.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Meh, the Pres debate is boring. They need to allow the Vice President debate to continue as scheduled. Push the Presidential debate as far back as you want, but I want to see the Biden and Palin go at it next week. Hilarity will ensure!

Amir0x

Banned
Every new Palin interview makes me positively GIDDY for the VP debate, to look ahead for a second. I mean, holy shit. She can barely stay on message in sanitized softball interviews. She can't even answer basic goddamn shit about her running mate!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Chris Matthews just said one of the best things I've ever heard him say on Rachel's show. The underlying tone was that McCain wasn't stable, but it was more than that, it was truly brilliant.

Amir0x said:
Every new Palin interview makes me positively GIDDY for the debate. I mean, holy shit. She can barely stay on message in sanitized softball interviews. She can't even answer basic goddamn shit about her running mate!

I felt like Couric was talking to a 6th grader. It was so fucking sad.

Tobor

Amir0x said:
Every new Palin interview makes me positively GIDDY for the VP debate, to look ahead for a second. I mean, holy shit. She can barely stay on message in sanitized softball interviews. She can't even answer basic goddamn shit about her running mate!

"I'll look that up and I'll bring it to ya!"

She's like William H. Macy in Fargo.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After seeing all these soft interviews for Palin,I can't imagine how she will perform in the VP debates. :D

Zeliard

CharlieDigital said:
I felt like Couric was talking to a 6th grader. It was so fucking sad.

I love the end, where Couric's basically like "I'm not going to fucking ask you again to stop dodging the question and give me specific examples of McCain pushing for more regulation."

I'LL TRY TO FIND YA SOME 'N I'LL BRING 'EM TO YA. YA. YA I WILL. YA.

RubxQub

Amir0x said:
For Reference
Charlie Gibson Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsUQKd9c7c

Hannity Interview - Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k44l33bar4
Hannity Interview - Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PqSOIjCAMo
Hannity Interview - Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Mn2igU_W4

Katie Couric Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc

thekad said:
Why do I get the feeling that this McCain tomfoolery will work brilliantly?

It won't. It's already failed. Nearly EVERYONE is puzzled and pissed at this, even fucking Dave Letterman. Not sure what Fox had to say, but I can't even imagine THEM defending it.

Juice

I am here because this was one of the stupidest days in the history of politics. McCain has just gone and created a thread to connect him with Dukakis if he loses.

"Suspend your campaign to show how leader-y you are" --> lose the election

Tobor

thekad said:
Why do I get the feeling that this McCain tomfoolery will work brilliantly?

There's no way. Nobody likes a dude punking out of a debate. And that appears to be the general uneducated opinion on this.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Anyone find it funny that McCain thinks he's so needed to fly into Washington and save the country at the expense of the presidential campaign, despite having admitted multiple times that he's not even that great at economics?

Amir0x said:

Just wait for the debate.

Moderator: Mr. Biden, please talk about your experience in negotiating with world leaders.

Biden: I was on the Foreign Relations Committee, I called Milosevic a war criminal, etc. etc.

[scattered clapping]

Moderator: Ms. Palin?

Palin: I can see Russia from my house!

[thunderous applause]

Diablos

I think this is going to backfire on McCain. He's essentially

a. Going to have a meeting with Bush (lol good luck with that boosting your image).

b. Joining Congress in saying NO to Bush's bailout plans (making him no more or less of a "maverick" than anyone else).

c. Looking like a chickenshit trying to avoid a debate occurring during the middle of an economic crisis, which would hurt him more than others since he's actually said he basically sucks when it comes to the economy.

It's getting old.

Polling not so well? Announce a female veep.

Polling not so well? Push back important parts of the convention.

Polling not so well? Go to Washington with everyone else to basically stand firm and say no to Bush's bailout plan, which he could have done from anywhere, and could have flown straight to DC to vote too -- without suspending the campaign.

It's getting old. Maybe it's time for him to go back to smear ads, which are also old.

McCain's bag of tricks is getting empty. Really empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom