• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

What I found funny

CNN: "There is no podium because McCain is giving the message that he is speaking with the people rather than to the people like Obama....:

*Podium rises from the stage*

LOL

I thought the video about Palin was trying waaaaaay too hard. "Mom, moosehunter, MAVERICK... reformer, blah blah blah, MAVERICK...

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
another red-meat speech for the base. will this appeal to independents after the next few days?

probably not.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dan said:
He's gotta hurt since he at least used to respect McCain.

Yeah, you can tell. Hell, I was on that shit too. McCain was so awesome a few years ago.

Guys, remember a few key words.

New voters. Get out the vote. Youth vote, black vote.

The national polls don't include ANY of these...and Obama is still winning. I'm really not worried.

Flakster99

Disappointed in CNN's (Wolf Blitzer and the gang) thoughts as they dissected these speeches after they were given. I understand they're at the GOP convention' and that they walk a fine line out of a so called fairness to both parties, but they have been so much so on the safe side their thoughts are rendered utterly pointless, devoid of criticism or passion or individualism.

Jak140

MThanded said:
mccainnewjpg.jpg
:lol Thx

Tobor

NullPointer said:
I wish Obama's and McCain's speeches could've been shown back to back.

Then there would be no doubt about their relative quality.

The debates are coming. Let them try shilling this crap to Obama and Biden's faces.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
You know, I'm as liberal as anyone on GAF, but I think you guys are underestimating how the speech will play to a broader audience. It's going to have a completely different tone to someone who hasn't been eyeball deep in election coverage up until now.

37 million people watched yesterday. That's 74 million eyeballs!!!!!

Anyways, a "run-of-the-mill" speech by McCain. I give it a neutral rating. Don't think it'll hurt or help him.

giga

another dude on pbs: "good speech, but not what they needed. healthcare, environment, and the economy are what the independents are concerned about and this speech didn't do it"

Tobor

Frank the Great said:

The national polls don't include ANY of these...and Obama is still winning. I'm really not worried.

I'm 32, and the number of my friends and coworkers who still have landlines is dwindling rapidly. It's not just college kids who can no longer be polled.

Basch

Ah, f#ck it. I'm voting McCain. It's decided now. I had a pretty good idea of who he was back when I did a little research a year or two ago. Just wanted to hear it from his own mouth. I agree with most major points. Not only do I think he will make a suitable leader. I think he will make a great President. Haters can go f#ck themselves.

Besides securing 100% of my confidence, that was a good speech. Didn't think $hi+ like this ever got good write ups, but that was emotionally powerful. Reminded me of my good old days. :lol I hope he does well in the debates and convey the same passion he set forth today. If he can maintain this level of enthusiasm, he just might be able to pull this off. I can see people reaching out across the aisles. This is something worth supporting.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Frank the Great said:

You seem naive enough to actually believe the current computerized election is "fair". Do you really believe we put Bush in a second time on purpose? rly? rlyrly?

joetachi

giga said:
another dude on pbs: "good speech, but not what they needed. healthcare, environment, and the economy are what the independents are concerned about and this speech didn't do it"
Yeah i saw that part the only guy to sorta make a point about what the speech missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom