• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanod

when is my burrito
It sounded like he was about 2 more sentences from heart attack.

RABBLERABBLERABBLE

huffpuff

GOD BLESS. puff AMERICA

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell?

McCain totally ripped off the end of his speech from Sean Connery's lines at the end of First Knight!

"... Feed a hungry child, teach an illiterate person to read blah blah..." - he forgot to include "Put air in your tires" - if he can talk about individuals taking responsibility for America, then how can he rubbish Obama for doing the same?!

Heezzi

Banned
Only this maverick can save them...

vse63yiq.jpg

maybe not....

avery_johnsons_ring_phixr_4.png

GhaleonEB

Hillary Clinton puts out a statement:

"The two party conventions showcased vastly different directions for our country. Sen. Obama and Sen. Biden offered the new ideas and positive change America needs and deserves after eight years of failed Republican leadership. Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin do not."

"After listening to all the speeches this week, I heard nothing that suggests the Republicans are ready to fix the economy for middle-class families, provide quality affordable health care for all Americans, guarantee equal pay for equal work for women, restore our nation's leadership in a complex world or tackle the myriad of challenges our country faces. So, to slightly amend my comments from Denver: NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN."

Atrus

Erico said:
What the hell?

McCain totally ripped off the end of his speech from Sean Connery's lines at the end of First Knight!

I was going to write the same thing. The only difference is that Sean Connery got a crossbow bolt in the chest for his efforts.

He got panned on NPR. (Not that that means much.)

Man, that was awful. The entire last minute of speech was drowned out by the crowd . . . I guess they were tired of him too? :lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Holy shit, that's a whole lot of fucking people on that stage.

Contraception you idiots!

That was a much better speech than anything else that I've heard at the RNC, but it was tarnished by all the speeches that lead up to it. As someone who has followed this election since last year I was also perturbed by how eagerly he co-opted some of Obama's messages, but I doubt the general public will notice that sort of thing.

Unfortunately I expect that speech to give McCain a bump in the polls. I personally saw a lot of bullshit in it, but I think it hit the right notes to resonate with the general public.

Xenon

Better than I thought it would be, but there was way too much fluff.

I agree about the unemployment system, it is seriously flawed.

But the best thing is that movies can go back to using Russians as bad guys! Red Dawn II please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom