• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter

speculawyer said:
Education: Vote for me . . . I was 4 from last in my class and my running-mate took 6 years to graduate from college. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Did she really? For a 4 year degree?

Yaweee said:
This is possibly the loudest push for School Vouchers that I've heard from either major party in a loooong time, so I'm hard pressed to complain.

Agreed. School vouchers, when eloquently presented, are a home run issue... unless you're in one of the various teacher unions.

ronito

You know it's almost like the 2000-2004 Mccain is somewhere in there just trying to peer out and then it gets squashed by Rovian talk. I'm actually sad for John. Really sad.

dankir

"Time to stop Russia from invading a small country to steal it's oil and intimidating other countries..."

"I hate war, I want to keep to the world safe"

"draw on all my experience with world leaders..."

"the way we respond to disasters"

O_O

REPUBLICAN GAF..... TELL ME.............

3511a96ade0b60_full.png

Gruco

Banned
deadbeef said:
It's not such a bad speech. He's bringing some substance at least, finally.
Sadly, nobody is awake to hear it.

Man, Rudy and Palin must be pissed that they managed such a great dig and set, only to have him whiff the spike.-

Grifter said:
Did she really? For a 4 year degree?

plus a minor.. this is a really stupid point to bring up. Some people just aren't that motivated in school, or are incredibly busy doing extracurriculars. does not mean she's stupid, there's plenty of evidence for that in comments she's made.

Spike Spiegel said:
Who'd be stupid enough to dip their papercut hand into a tank full of ravenous piranha? Aren't tonight's pages of this thread disgusting enough already?

Aw, c'mon...this is incredibly mild compared to last night.

Personally I don't think it's such a bad speech...I'm remembering why I like McCain. Before the return to the heavy-right partisan tactics of the last couple of months I wasn't even worried about the possibility of him winning. But he really is a lousy speaker, and he looks awfully old up there.

Zeliard

That was a really cheap and nonsensical shot at Obama just then. I take back what I said earlier about him taking the high road.

M3wThr33

Banned
theBishop said:
Russia defended the Russian citizens in South Ossetia from Georgian invasion for oil!? WTF?!
South Ossetians are made of oil! It all makes sense!

The Georgian genocide was because we're all energy starved!

gcubed

ronito said:
You know it's almost like the 2000-2004 Mccain is somewhere in there just trying to peer out and then it gets squashed by Rovian talk. I'm actually sad for John. Really sad.

this...

i think the content is much better then anything we've heard yet from the RNC. Its had some slow times, some painful times, but overall, its not a vitriol speech and sounds like a little old Johnny. I dont think the crowd is helping him much as it sounds like its coming from a tape. The press will have zero problem with this speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom