• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of yourself, if you dare...

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I am at the borderline of joining "Silver Singles" or "Our Time" - but guess this is one last try! Thx! :D

Imagine having autism BDD and other severe psychological issues while on Tinder. It's not pretty.shshshsseyegsvssusoaavsveuduzssfsgs

Sad Feelings GIF

Woman, right?

The Shining Reaction GIF

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well, I am in daring mood today.

Just started online dating for the first time - single dad, divorced in 2017 and been celibate since.
Too busy working, coping and getting over trauma, and child rearing. 49yo.
Child in high school, would rather do nothing w/ me these days.. :(

Here's my profile pic from a few days ago.
(candid shot - no touch ups. I'm just so awkward at taking pics.. wish I could be more natural w/ more swag like others)

Bd1wHB0.jpg

and here's how I feel

QwTKxWI.jpg

and this happened last night, when I was chatting w/ a girl (half my age :messenger_fearful:)!

8MBEVM7.jpg

Well, gotta keep going I guess. lol. Have a nice weekend, folks!
You look fine dude.

I'm 36 and i have way more white hairs than you.

Con-Z-epT

I have my mom genes and my mom had white hairs at 30...
On men is not a big deal because clooney showed the world that white hairs on men are sexy.

But yeah i'm probably gonna be all white by 40.
I had a teacher who dyed his hair up until he was tired of it. Came back after the summer vacation and he was completely white whereas before he didn't had a single white hair. That was weird.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I have my mom genes and my mom had white hairs at 30...
On men is not a big deal because clooney showed the world that white hairs on men are sexy.

But yeah i'm probably gonna be all white by 40.

My dad is white with some silver I guess so I'm pretty sure that's where I'm heading as well. It's fine.

lachesis

You look fine dude.

I'm 36 and i have way more white hairs than you.

Much appreciated - thankfully I have very little white hair, and had no reason to dye (I did dye my hair in my 20s a few times)
I only get white hair abit on the sideburn area and a bit on top... but the problem is my hair thinning out.
(and somehow getting little curlier as it used to be super straight, as if it's from some other part of my body?! LOL)
Sometimes I walk into the company bathroom and see my scalp among my hair and I get startled.
I know many suggest shaving but as an asian man, only select few look really good with hair shaved w/o looking like a buddhist monk in practice.

As per the beard wise.. urgh. I wish I had more facial hair too. I'm literally like a snake - very little body hair in general, and if I grew my beard - you'll probably be able to count how many they are like those old Ming dynasty portraits! I get so little, I only shave every other day. Blessing and a curse at the same time.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
2E70rbu.jpg
Gains coming in slowly but surely. Good progress while losing some fat.
Before you're fat? I was a pretty skinny dude, so gaining muscle is tough as hell. I'm a "normal skinny" today, but I want to be a little bigger without a belly bulge

Why are you guys worried about white hair? Don't you want to become cool like Specter from Ape Escape?

186-1866025_we-asked-a-zookeeper-what-to-do-if.png
I was saw silver hair as a nice touch. I guess that every fictional character with silver hair is powerful, and in real life, like Richard Gere, is awesome

Last edited:

MikeM

Before you're fat? I was a pretty skinny dude, so gaining muscle is tough as hell. I'm a "normal skinny" today, but I want to be a little bigger without a belly bulge

I was saw silver hair as a nice touch. I guess that every fictional character with silver hair is powerful, and in real life, like Richard Gere, is awesome
Nope- skinny. I’m up about 60lbs of muscle. Just a little bit more fat than normal due to doing a slight bulk after COVID. I’m up about 12 lbs since lockdowns ended.
I'll keep it at your current size imho. Great proportions.

How tall are you in CM? 1.86/8?
Thanks man. Yeah 185cm. Walking around at 213 lbs right now.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Thanks man. Yeah 185cm. Walking around at 213 lbs right now.

Looking good man. I used to be knee deep in "body building" for years. Used to be obese so I never had being "big" as a primary pursuit. Had to be as lean as possible lmao.

nnFBIbB.jpg

Best pics I could find atm. Bit cringe but whatever.

That was 10 years ago. Going to have to hit the gym pretty soon for psychical therapy reasons. Strengthen my core and glutes etc. Going to be a big reality check.

Again, nice fysiek man, keep on keeping on!

👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼

MikeM

Looking good man. I used to be knee deep in "body building" for years. Used to be obese so I never had being "big" as a primary pursuit. Had to be as lean as possible lmao.

nnFBIbB.jpg

Best pics I could find atm. Bit cringe but whatever.

That was 10 years ago. Going to have to hit the gym pretty soon for psychical therapy reasons. Strengthen my core and glutes etc. Going to be a big reality check.

Again, nice fysiek man, keep on keeping on!

👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼
Damn man. Why did you stop? Injury? You looked great! You need to get back in there!

I don’t plan on stopping. Now with kids, i’m even more motivated to be healthy for them.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
Damn man. Why did you stop? Injury? You looked great! You need to get back in there!

I don’t plan on stopping. Now with kids, i’m even more motivated to be healthy for them.

Man.. it's a long story. Imagine being overweight for most of your life (talking 130+ kilos) and hitting the gym daily for 6/7 or so years daily with 200% motivation. At some point I had such low body fat % that I got a nickname in the gym; something like Mr Dry. If I took a hot bath my whole body was protruding veins.

With that said. Going from 130+ to 71 kilos meant I had some loose skin around my belly. So even i was one if not the most ripped guy in my gym i still didnt dare to take my shirt of in summer and what have you. It became a severe mental complex known as body dysmorphia.

I took the risk and had an operation done to remove the excessive skin. That didn't turn out well and it's crushed me in a way I'm still dealing with. It magnified my BDD tenfold. It pretty much rules my life

Hence the hiatus. I lost all hope

There's more to the story but I'll keep it at this.

Last edited:

MikeM

Man.. it's a long story. Imagine being overweight for most of your life (talking 130+ kilos) and hitting the gym daily for 6/7 or so years daily with 200% motivation. At some point I had such low body fat % that I got a nickname in the gym; something like Mr Dry. If I took a hot bath my whole body was protruding veins.

With that said. Going from 130+ to 71 kilos meant I had some loose skin around my belly. So even i was one if not the most ripped guy in my gym i still didnt dare to take my shirt of in summer and what have you. It became a severe mental complex known as body dysmorphia.

I took the risk and had an operation done to remove the excessive skin. That didn't turn out well and it's crushed me in a way I'm still dealing with. It magnified my BDD tenfold. It pretty much rules my life

Hence the hiatus. I lost all hope

There's more to the story but I'll keep it at this.
It may be a fitness thing, but it seems like no matter how good we look to the average joe, we will always find the smallest thing that we hate and use it as a crutch for confidence issues.

I’m the same. Never take my shirt off either. While I know I look better than 90% of the population, its the tiny things that really don’t matter that i’m like “nah, don’t feel like showing the world this.”

I hope you make it back to the gym. Health benefits alone are massive.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
It may be a fitness thing, but it seems like no matter how good we look to the average joe, we will always find the smallest thing that we hate and use it as a crutch for confidence issues.

I’m the same. Never take my shirt off either. While I know I look better than 90% of the population, its the tiny things that really don’t matter that i’m like “nah, don’t feel like showing the world this.”

I hope you make it back to the gym. Health benefits alone are massive.

For sure. It's universal.

I'm in a tough position where I don't want to play a woo me scenario but if you would see my scar etc in person you would know it transcends common insecurity.

And yes I'm planning to!

Most people don't shower in the dark. Keeps there eyes closed when drying him or herself off. Avoid his or her shadow and mirrors. Etc. Just saying.

Last edited:

MikeM

For sure. It's universal.

I'm in a tough position where I don't want to play a woo me scenario but if you would see my scar etc in person you would know it transcends common insecurity.

And yes I'm planning to!

Most people don't shower in the dark. Keeps there eyes closed when drying him or herself off. Avoid his or her shadow and mirrors. Etc. Just saying.
Have you ever spoken to someone about it?

Top Bottom