• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Skilletor

Next friday.

I will be purchasing a console that I'll likely have for 7 years, that will give me so many memories, that will take me into my 40s as a gamer.

These feels. I can't hold them.

Mystery

I am so ready! I have next Friday off and I will be eagerly awaiting UPS.

This will be me answering the door:

iKipa43ZwWOIr.gif

And this will be me holding the PS4 box:

dennis2pasi8.gif

That is amazing.

Pro tip: You can call UPS when you get the tracking number, and ask them to hold it at the nearest UPS facility for pickup, and it will be available at 8:30 AM Friday morning instead of having to wait for delivery.

Cade

I am going to be a nervous wreck on Friday, like everyone else who's getting theirs from Amazon. If my shipment slips to Saturday or Monday I am going to be a torrent of sadness.

bryanee

Fuuuck these three weeks are going to be unfuckingbearable. It'll be even worse when its out in the States and I'll be twiddling my thumbs shooting nasty looks at my 360 and PS3 thinking why aren't you a PS4?

Real ass dude check list:

1) Have everything paid off (bonus points if you have games and accessories already)
2) Going to a midnight launch
3) Taking off work/ school on Friday, the 15th
4) Already have allocated space and and rearranged your setup in advance.
5) Have made plans as to what to eat before and after you get your PS4

Thursday is going to be an eternity.

I've checked off that list entirely except for 5. I'm thinking of buying a pizza to celebrate but I'm not sure if I'll remember to eat it.lol Even if I do buy that pizza, I'll eat nothing before playing my PS4 - less restroom breaks.

NYR

It's good to be back home.

- Signed,

A Gen 5 PS1-only Owner, Gen 6 PS2-Only Owner and Gen 7 PS3-Xbox 360-Wii Owner.

Real ass dude check list:

1) Have everything paid off (bonus points if you have games and accessories already)
2) Going to a midnight launch
3) Taking off work/ school on Friday, the 15th
4) Already have allocated space and and rearranged your setup in advance.
5) Have made plans as to what to eat before and after you get your PS4

Thursday is going to be an eternity.

1. Ordered from Amazon so can't pay it off until they charge me. (I've had a Vita since launch if we count that as an accessory).
2. No midnight launch
3. Wasn't planning on taking the day off, but found out today that I don't need to go in that day.
4. It will be going exactly where my PS3 is hooked up right now.
5. No food plans made yet.

According to that check list, I am not a real ass dude.

Pizza ate before hand or for when the ps4 is setup and updating?

And importantly what flava !

I usually get a Papa John's (well done) with pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions. I'll save the eating for late in the day (6pm-ish) as I'll be too excited to eat it anyways. I always forget to eat once I get a new tech toy in my hands.

SpaceHorror

1. Ordered from Amazon so can't pay it off until they charge me. (I've had a Vita since launch if we count that as an accessory).
2. No midnight launch
3. Wasn't planning on taking the day off, but found out today that I don't need to go in that day.

Nice avatar.

Anyway, you can pay off your Amazon preorder by buying an amazon gift card and applying it toward the order.

-PXG-

I've checked off that list entirely except for 5. I'm thinking of buying a pizza to celebrate but I'm not sure if I'll remember to eat it.lol Even if I do buy that pizza, I'll eat nothing before playing my PS4 - less restroom breaks.

2. No midnight launch

I got everything covered but the food. I'm going to a local Italian joint after work for some vodka rig. Then it's home to change and then to GS. If dinner plans fall through, I'll just go to Chipotle instead.

I'll probably just order pizza on Friday and call it a day. I got tons of beer and liquor already. Wait...need more rum.

tirminyl

Pro tip: You can call UPS when you get the tracking number, and ask them to hold it at the nearest UPS facility for pickup, and it will be available at 8:30 AM Friday morning instead of having to wait for delivery.

UT69wID.gif

I'll give that a go. If that doesn't work

ibcY2Ka23fJBNf.gif

I'm gif happy tonight

tensuke

Great OT! Man, Apollowexx did a fantastic job with that video! Wish I had known about it, I've been working on my own for the last couple of days. :p

And I've had a countdown in my avatar for a few days now, so I can be reminded of how close it is every time I post haha.

I got everything covered but the food. I'm going to a local Italian joint after work for some vodka rig. Then it's home to change and then to GS. If dinner plans fall through, I'll just go to Chipotle instead.

I'll probably just order pizza on Friday and call it a day. I got tons of beer and liquor already. Wait...need more rum.

I've got three days off. It was nice to have and I'm a bit paranoid that UPS will mess this up somehow for me. That and I wanted to go full on nerd for probably the last console launch before I hit middle age. I may not have much time to game in a few years once I finish off my degree. I barely have time now.

I-hate-u

It is pretty crazy to see how many things Sony got right leading up to the launch. I mean, who could have imagined this would happen last year. They have been almost flawless since the Playstation Meeting teaser back in February.

MilkBeard

Damn nice OT. It was worth the wait.

And damn, crunchyroll continuing on consoles...makes me wish I had an internet connection in my home.

Yes, I do have a crunchyroll sub, ha ha

Does anyone know when the 1.5 firmware update will be online? I'd like to download it beforehand in order to avoid any network problems. That should be in your list PXG.

stawnkald

I got mah Killzone, I have my PS4 mostly paid off, I'll have a Dual Shock 4 on the way soon, I took the 15th off which is okay because I rarely take vacation...

Let's fuckin' do this!

Top Bottom