• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be released on Steam (...and Fallout 76)

Gamezone

Should we expect this to be some deal made between Valve and Bethesda? I mean, they obviously planned to make these games Bethesda Launcher exclusives, and they aren't being released on the EGS, but there is no stopping them from releasing it on all three?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I like this. Keep it on everybody's beloved Steam platform, BUT offer it on your launcher for a discount. That is real competition. Better yet, include it on Epic and GOG.

wipeout364

Bethesda’s launcher is not really ready for prime time so this is not surprising. The launcher boots you back to a webpage to do purchases and their dashboard is a mess, it shows all the games they make rather that what you have purchased. Downloads for me seem to disconnect on a regular basis, it’s just not good at this point in time.

I have seen very few improvements since the Fallout 76 launch so unlike Epic they don’t seem to be committed to the project, so this is a positive announcement.

Mega Man

I'm new to the PC field, but just recently built my rig.

Why is everybody so hung up on which launcher to use? Isn't it a matter of double clicking on a different icon and selecting the game from there? Or am I missing something? I'm surprised that would make the difference for so many on whether they will drop $60 on a day one purchase, or ignore the property entirely. Quite the swing for something so seemingly small.

Coming from the console world, you literally have to pay close to $300 (if not more) for the game and console if you want to play something. Interesting difference in perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom