• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

i was watching mandalorian episode on my TV and noticed a blackspot on the screen. probably a bit of dust or fluff because it wiped off. but while i was doing that i noticed i have a fuck load of dead pixels on my TV now :( i knew i had a couple at the edges but wow. this ain't just a single dead pixel but "huge" chunks. there are blocks of pixel blacked out and the top corners are missing the edges so it looks more rounded. luckily i can't notice them during normal viewing. it's a 55" 4K OLED and i sit quite a bit away from it. here was me worried about burn in and i get all these dead pixels lol.

i have a 5 year insurance on the TV but i can't be arsed with the hassle of fucking about with it right now. it's not affecting my viewing experience. i mean i would never have noticed it if i hadn't stood right infront of the TV. the insurance doesn't run out until end of 2025 so i'll hold off for now. maybe late 2024/early 2025 i'll think about getting in touch with the insurance. my other OLED is fine but i've not had that as long. i've only had this one for 2 and a half years. don't even have a lot of hours on it either. last i checked it was about ~700 hours. i'll go check now and take some photos.

edit: now i look at it again it's not as bad. i guess i was surprised and upset. thankfully they are all at the edges of the screen.

6TZTg6K.jpg
OTHC5n0.jpg

XMc1IMN.jpg
qpnwQtI.jpg

bEzopoo.jpg
9QZ0qkI.jpg

It's been more than a decade since the last time I got punched in the nose. Kinda feeling nostalgic about it.
if only we could punch people across the internet then i'd help you out. actually being able to do that would make the entire world a better place.

Last edited:
i must be getting old because even with glasses i've had to increase the size of text on my PC screen :messenger_grinning_sweat: my eyes keep straining and i get a sore head trying to read text. it doesn't look blurry or anything but it hurts my eyes. so i've put it up to 110% zoom. seems to be helping a bit. i have a 27" monitor and it's 1440p.

i'm not due a check up on my eyes until the end of this year. i really feel like my eyes are getting worse. this isn't the only problem i've had recently. keep getting "flashes" and i seem to need to turn the brightness up on my devices a lot more. maybe i should just book a check up instead of waiting for my optician to get in touch with me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom