• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

hope my internet gets fixed today! someone is coming out to have a look and see what's up. it's been out since Friday night and i'm having to connect everything to my iPhone to use the mobile data which is a pain in the ass and i had to upgrade to the unlimited data.

there doesn't seem to be any problems in my local area and my neighbours who are on the same ISP have internet still. made sure to check the wire connections coming out the wall and into the modem but everything looks good.

logging into the modem is slow but i managed to check the logs/status. i don't know what any of the logs mean. something about timeouts and no ranging responses. there was a bit that said "update in progress..." and apparently the lights that are flashing are the ones that come on when there is a firmware update so i'm hoping it's just an issue with the modem and it's shit itself while trying to update itself lol. i've had this modem for about 5-6 years now so maybe it's fucked.

if it's an issue with the cabling then i'm fucked because my cable runs along under the flooring and wall skirting boards so there is no way i can replace it without wrecking the place! they'll just need to put a new wire in for me. it would actually be better if they done that so i can move the modem closer to the router. then i could rip out the old wire where it's exposed.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't worry, because fat acceptance is now a thing.
Haha yeah well, honestly, I'd rather get pussy than acceptance. :goog_relieved:

Time to hit the gym. Thing is I've always hated lifting, it's boring. Wonder if I'd be able to lose some weight by doing some boxing training or something like that.

so the guy came out to check my internet. Said cables are fine. The box outside had some old connectors or some shit so he replaced them. He said that should be it and wait 15 mins.

He fucked off and still no internet! Phoned my ISP back up and they got on to him and told him to come back. Don't think he is going to come back...they said up to 6pm and it's 5:15 now. He better hurry!

Zelphyr

Haha yeah well, honestly, I'd rather get pussy than acceptance. :goog_relieved:

Time to hit the gym. Thing is I've always hated lifting, it's boring. Wonder if I'd be able to lose some weight by doing some boxing training or something like that.
What worked for me was cancer but I can't recommend that :)

I lost 45 pounds and gained back 20 for a healthy 185 pounds for my height.
I just cut out sugar and walked 30 minutes a day.

You can do it, good luck!

my internet is fixed yeey! :messenger_beaming:

someone came out this afternoon to have a look again. he didn't know what the guy had done yesterday because apparently he didn't leave a report after leaving. the guy who came out today had to phone his manager to find out and told him that the person who came out yesterday was a new start. the guy checked all my cabling again which was fine but turns out it was a faulty modem! swapped it out and now i'm up and running again.

thank goodness i don't need to use my mobile data anymore which was so slow and unreliable. now i can go watch the latest episode of TLOU and Mandalorian :D

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I knew you were on mobile data yesterday and I wanted to tag you with a big ass gif just to mess with you, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
Youre Weak Alec Baldwin GIF

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I wish I had known about BORG's (Black Our Rage Gallon) and BORG-like smaller mixes when I was younger, especially in my college days.

Kids these days fill a 28 ounce drink blender (those plastic containers typically used to mix powdered drinks, like protein shakes) with about 70% water, a packet or two of an electrolyte powder solution, 4 or 5 shots of alcohol, and top it off with some sports drink or juice - then they sip on it at parties / ragers. Sounds healthier than old school high-paced binge drinking and would probably lead to less hangovers or reduce their severity. Modern solution.

GymWolf

I hate that fucking astro dude on reeee and his pronouns policing even when people don't give a fuck about being called with the wrong pronoun, get a fucking life you weirdo cunt.

I knew you were on mobile data yesterday and I wanted to tag you with a big ass gif just to mess with you, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
even though i was on "5G" it was so slow :messenger_confused: since moving house my signal isn't as good but i didn't want to leave my network. yesterday i looked at all the different networks and found one that is cheaper and seems to have better coverage so i've ordered a sim card to try it out. right now i'm paying £8/month for 5GB data and this new one is £7 for 8GB. 5GB is more than enough for me so I could maybe even go down to the £6/month for 4GB plan they have! i'll wait and see how the signal is at home and work before deciding.

I am eating a pot noodle and drinking a beer right now.

Which flavour of Pot Noodle? Chicken and motherfucking mushroom.

What beer? "piss water" budweiser. About the only american thing I like. That said I do need a good scottish beer afterwards. I'm drunk and I shouldn't be. It's 2pm on a thursday afternoon. Fuck it 🤷‍♂️

I'm in a cunt of a mood today. I'm being a pissy little bitch ass.

edit: sorry but i'm not joining your fucking whatsapp group.

edit:
iu

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
To be a millionaire do you need to have $1 million sitting in the bank, or does it just mean that your house + cars + cash + stuff adds up to $1m+?
If it's the second, there should be tons of "on paper" millionaires these days with the prices of houses right? (especially in California and places)

To be a millionaire do you need to have $1 million sitting in the bank, or does it just mean that your house + cars + cash + stuff adds up to $1m+?
If it's the second, there should be tons of "on paper" millionaires these days with the prices of houses right? (especially in California and places)
i say you should have 1m in your bank ready to spend at a moments notice. otherwise you're just pretending.

what's the point in being a million/billionaire if you have to sell shit to get the money?

Celcius

°Temp. member
“If your bank account magically started growing by $15k every day, it would STILL take you over 2 months of saving without spending any of it to buy a million dollar car.”

Oof

Top Bottom