• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate Nintendo's E3 Direct

RATE

• Total voters

Michele

you.
FIRST

Nintendo E3 is easily the winner here! Not only did it slap us with Erdrick, but it slapped us with Animal Crossing: New Horizon, and even gave us Banjo

Last edited:

kingbean

No Metroid 4 or Trilogy so its a B+.

Hype both Zelda titles.

Hype for Astral Chain.

The Square Enix titles all look great.

New Panzer Dragoon
New Contra

I don't care about Smash or the rest. But, those two announcements made me happy.

8.5 Bowser jokes out of 10.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
No Metroid Prime trilogy and no mention of new hardware/revision.

A well deserved F-

Fuck you Nintendo.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
The few scenes from Breath of the Wild 2 still didn't salvage E3, but it looks promising.

Knew about Link's Awakening and not really interested in the other games.

C+

Sakura

C.
Two separate trailers for Smash characters. Weird Bowser joke. Lame Resident Evil commercial thing. Short trailer for Fire Emblem with no gameplay that I can recall even though it is out next month. Animal Crossing looks good but delayed. Sequel to BotW announced but we all know it ain't coming out for a number of years. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
C.
A lot ports, but it was OK.
Square Enix (shockingly) kept E3 together this year.

ParanoidRED

Banned
F+

Didn't cather to me but that's okay i guess

I really wanted anything with Metroid in it, and Bayo3 news, the Resident Evil clip got me hyped for nothing, DxMachina's demo sucked so i'm out for that one, no DLC plans for Mario Party

Astral Chain looked good but that was known

Dunnow, i'm sad

Last edited:

Codes 208

Nintendo won. Banjo in smash and botw2 alone made e3 for me (for Nintendo anyway. Im still hyped for elden ring and halo from MS.) Links awakening, astral chain, LM3 were just icing on the cake.

A well deserved F-

Fuck you Nintendo.
Nintendo: there are no plans for new hardware at e3

Fans: yeah right!

*doesnt show new hardware*

Fans:
th

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Nintendo won. Banjo in smash and botw2 alone made e3 for me. Links awakening, astral chain, LM3 were just icing on the cake.

Nintendo: there are no plans for new hardware at e3

Fans: yeah right!

*doesnt show new hardware*

Fans:
th
Im glad you're happy. But Nintendo hasn't delivered the goods for me at all. There is a reason I haven't bought their last two systems. Not for me.

F-

Last edited:

Codes 208

Im glad you're happy. But Nintendo hasn't delivered the goods for me at all. There is a reason I haven't bought their last two systems. Not for me.

F-
At this point i doubt a switch pro would do much to persuade you. But everyone has their preferences. Saying i enjoyed nintendo’s enough for them to win is only relevant because most of this year’s e3 has been garbage.

Last edited:

CuNi

Nothing MP4 related. Had hoped for at least another teaser like few years back with MP4 but didn't expect anything big since development got rebooted but nothing at all still hurt a bit.
For me it was mediocre, but that's probably because I'm more invested in MS and Sony IP's and haven't really done many games outside like Mario/Metroid/Zelda on my Nintendo Consoles.

A+ when compared to everyone else. This was shaping up to be one of the worst E3 of all time and Nintendo just delivered the GOODS.

Rran

So good. So good. So good.

The Square-Enix stuff alone might've been better than Square-Enix's own presentation.

DQ Hero/Erdrick, Banjo, Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, the huge flow of Mana games, No More Heroes III, and a BotW sequel! ALL HAIL THE KING OF E3

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Some nice surprises for once.
It was probably a B+ but I voted A since the rest of the conferences other than Square were all pretty shitty.

Arkage

Banned
C. Pretty boring IMO. Edrick was known. LA was known. Animal Crossing looks like the same old same old. Have little attachment to Banjo, but it was a pretty good tease. BOTW sequel teaser is nice but shows next to nothing. Astral Chain looks good but the artsyle is trash. And still no Retro after 5 years of nothing.

prag16

Banned

A well deserved F-

Fuck you Nintendo.
giphy.gif
Basically. No hardware revision, no MP4, no Bayo 3. Though I went D and not F- because Astral Chain (and maybe Luigi's Mansion) at least looks cool, and Ubi/SE were worse. Surprised the vast majority are going A.

Last edited:
Top Bottom