• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City - Official Gameplay Overview Trailer

this looks like absolute trash... nothing about this looks even remotely better than a fan made UE4 project, complete with the worst animations imaginable.

especially the first person animations are the worst.

This looks amazing. The atmosphere is spot on. The going through the streets being a cop... We haven't really had a game like that at all, let alone robocop. The shooting, decapitation a d gore... Wow.

I seen this browsing the store and had to see if others did too. I'm hyped.

this looks like absolute trash... nothing about this looks even remotely better than a fan made UE4 project, complete with the worst animations imaginable.

especially the first person animations are the worst.
Can you do better? I doubt it. . Wtf...

Game looks great. It's you graphics whores fault we get little new single player games and just bullshit f2p garbage and multiplayer gaas shit. I love single player shooters. We haven't had any really for a long time.

mansoor1980

good enough for me

GrizzledImpureHornbill-size_restricted.gif

Dick Jones

My favourite part is when people shot at Robocop. Fuck that thing. Now ED-209, that's a machine you can set your watch to.

Buying Day 1. I enjoyed Terminator Resistance and platinumed it twice. Hopefully they get on a roll and target more 80s classics. Tango & Cash, Commando, Total Recall, Cobra, Rambo (properly)

ShakenG

Looks average at best and id only give it a try due to growing up and loving the films. Robocop, terminator.. what a time.

The thing that stood out to me was the superman punch, that needs to be slowed down and made to look more heavy. Looked very odd.

Fbh

The one game in which the animations, movement and gameplay of the main character being stiff as hell sort of makes sense.

Doesn't look great but I love Robocot, would buy for $20.

My favourite part is when people shot at Robocop. Fuck that thing. Now ED-209, that's a machine you can set your watch to.

Buying Day 1. I enjoyed Terminator Resistance and platinumed it twice. Hopefully they get on a roll and target more 80s classics. Tango & Cash, Commando, Total Recall, Cobra, Rambo (properly)

They Live (press R1 to put on glasses)

Highlander

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Looks good visually but AA overall. The lack of Robocop's targeting system seems like an oversight making it feel like any other old FPS, and my immersion would probably be killed with having to switch weapons and, I presume, pickup ammo.

Barakov

Looks kinda stiff and janky but they nailed Robocop to a T. If they price this right, I can see myself there on day 1.

WorldHero

Looks good, but like others have said, the Auto 9 needs more thump and Weller's voice needs more robot. I'm a Robocop fan so it's day one either way. I saw the Nuke sign so hopefully we get Robocop 2 as a boss along with ED-209 that we saw in the earlier trailer.

CGNoire

Badly needs to be 3rd person if not just to see you take your gun in out of our thigh. Save that scanline robovision stuff for the cutscenes and intros to encounters.

Robocop is missing his Iconic purple/green accented Cameleon paint job as well.

Like others have said looking super dull and ruff and at leasf needs a V.A.T.S system ASAP to lock on testicles and exploding heads.

Last edited:
Badly needs to be 3rd person if not just to see you take your gun in out of our thigh. Save that scanline robovision stuff for the cutscenes and intros to encounters.
What? Nooooo, you don't play a RoboCop game to watch RoboCop, you play a RoboCop game to be RoboCop. The scanline stuff is essential.

Like I said, put it in VR, have eye tracked targeting, can even do the 'follow the pen' for calibration, even have the calibration go out of sync after you get hit many times which throws off the eye tracked targeting deliberately (well people wanted novel use of the eye tracking so why not)

CGNoire

What? Nooooo, you don't play a RoboCop game to watch RoboCop, you play a RoboCop game to be RoboCop. The scanline stuff is essential.

Like I said, put it in VR, have eye tracked targeting, can even do the 'follow the pen' for calibration, even have the calibration go out of sync after you get hit many times which throws off the eye tracked targeting deliberately (well people wanted novel use of the eye tracking so why not)

Wont that lead to players getting crosseyed a little idk?

Id rather 3rd but VR sounds like a cool addition......why not both.gif

Wont that lead to players getting crosseyed a little idk?

Id rather 3rd but VR sounds like a cool addition......why not both.gif
Well I don't mean changing the foveated rendering or eye tracking in general, I just mean the targeting won't work correctly all the time (darting around the target instead of locking on first time). Anyways, doubt they'd do that (or VR) as you'd have to design a system around it.

Drizzlehell

Hell yeah man, Terminator Resistance team doing a Robocop game? A match made in heaven if you ask me. T:R was a low budget game but it was absolutely made with love for the source material and that's what made it so much fun to play. I hope they're gonna give similar treatment to this game.

And they got Peter Weller to do the voice?! Oh my god, I'm creaming myself.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The 80s 'metropolitan shithole" vibe is nice but the gameplay looks really stale.

100% agree here. I love the vibe, but gameplay was HORRIBLE!!!! Now if this could be done in VR, that'll add a different dynamic to the game that I could like.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
You have to remember that this is an AA title (and hopefully it will be priced accordingly).

It's being made by the same studio as Terminator Resistence
, and that was a good game, just made without the triple A budget.

I have high hopes for this.

I was incredibly surprised by the love and attention to detail in Terminator Resistance. Definitely will pick this up!

JCK75

It honestly just looks like they took the arcade mission from Swat 4, did nothing to update it at all and placed Robocop in it.. and also managed to make it look not fun.

Top Bottom