• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

HYDE said:

Did you rike it?
*faints*

HYDE

The famed “Koba,” now on the Sengoku Basara and Devil May Cry series, along with Devil May Cry 4’s Hideaki Itsuno also stopped by the booth. Koba told me that, “Hideo Kojima has something to talk to you about regarding Bayonetta.” I was worried that he was going to give me a lecture and I’d get depressed, so I didn’t end up going to say hello. (Sorry…)

Kamiya posted this on the Platinum site here.

http://platinumgames.com/2009/11/15/tokyo-game-show/

Wonder if this has to do with anything?

V_Ben

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Yes, this is what i'm curious about.

Doesn't say that Platinum Games is working exclusively with SEGA. Just that SEGA is gonna be publishing some more Platinum Games.

Radogol

AwesomeSauce said:
So they had the game running on PC for you to preview?

Uhh... I was told by my publisher that they confirmed the PC version behind closed doors. The preview itself was based on the console build, though.

To be honest, I think it was just assumed a PC port would eventually be released and there was no big PC exclusive to preview that month.

Honestly this would shock the heck out of me if true. The only reason I doubt this is we got an in game demo of rising a while back, meaning an engine was in place and work done. Do you really think they would scrap that and let Platinum develop it on their in house tech? I suppose they could give them the engine code but I could easily see them struggling to understand another teams engine well enough to use it.

Im going to call BS on the PC port of 4 only because MGS4 is just way too big for a download service, the others seem completely possible.

MGS5 on all the systems? Nah 3DS is out, and I'm doubting NGP is a candidate if the rumors of Sony cutting the system memory in half are true. I could see MS/Sony lobbying for the "exclusive" but given Nintendo's new stance on gaming with Cafe/3DS (ok its not a new stance just one that actually thinks about their main audience) I would not be surprised to see MGS5 on PS3/Cafe with NGP functionality to emulate Cafe's rumored LCD screen controller.

All being said it would be very cool (and relieving) to have Kamiya at the helm of Rising, he is a master at action games.

That would be an unexpected pairing. I'm getting some DMC + Ninja Theory flashbacks here -- only that Platinum/Kamiya are awesome and well fitted for the job.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
slaughterking said:
That would be an unexpected pairing. I'm getting some DMC + Ninja Theory flashbacks here -- only that Platinum/Kamiya are awesome and well fitted for the job.

Yeah, this is like the polar opposite of that.

Platinum have gone from being the independent darlings, underdogs to the dog damn premier Eastern developer. If this is true, then bravo to them and the people who green lit it. They should be seen as the gold standard for Japanese development.

RevDM

Banned
brotkasten said:

^ people who don't read follow up posts and reply with photo evidence.

edit: Let's see who jumps to last page and reads most current comments (see post a few posts down).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh

My

Zod

Best news I've heard all day. Nay, all year.

EDIT - Ah, fuck. Just read the rest of the rumor. This is BS. :(

Maybe the source info is outdated and Kojima was tweeting about how Konami ended his one year collaboration with Kamiya?...

That would be funny right....

Jigsaw said:
they would have ported mgs4 to pc and 360 years ago if they wanted to,why now?i call bullshit

or konami really is in bad shape

what's the biggest downloadable steam game anyway?mgs4 is like 32 gigs irrc

Age of Conan is 32GB.

TheBanditKing said:
Im going to call BS on the PC port of 4 only because MGS4 is just way too big for a download service, the others seem completely possible.

It isn't too big. There's already games on Steam that are around the same size that MGS4 is.

DieH@rd

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
I kinda believed it until MGS1-4 on Steam (especially the "remake" part, MGS1-2 of course could happen)

"remake" was a typo from TTP, he admited it here. Its port of course.

The icing on the cake, if this is true, would be that when MGS4 finally releases on steam, it uses full steamworks and even has achievements.

Anyway, hope the PC MGS1 has the extra virtual mission disc content.

iavi

This is such a weird rumor. It'll be interesting if it does turn out to be true.

Who is LALILULELO? If he works for Kojima Productions, then holy crap.

This is too much. Stop it. I'm only 21, and not even my heart can take this shit.

Persona7

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
I kinda believed it until MGS1-4 on Steam (especially the "remake" part, MGS1-2 of course could happen)
I don't think they are going to remake anything

I see them slightly touching up MGS1 and 2 then spend a year porting over 3 and 4

quick and dirty

sell many copies for low amount of effort

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Relaxed Muscle said:
Maybe the source info is outdated and Kojima was tweeting about how Konami ended his one year collaboration with Kamiya?...

You know, I've been thinking exactly about that all the time while writing my post.

HYDE

Relaxed Muscle said:

Fuck you, and fuck your Ninja Theory DMC looking avatar. No it would not be funny.
I'm just kidding of course, but no I'm not kidding about it not being funny.

Instro

TheBanditKing said:
Honestly this would shock the heck out of me if true. The only reason I doubt this is we got an in game demo of rising a while back, meaning an engine was in place and work done. Do you really think they would scrap that and let Platinum develop it on their in house tech? I suppose they could give them the engine code but I could easily see them struggling to understand another teams engine well enough to use it.

MGS5 on all the systems? Nah 3DS is out, and I'm doubting NGP is a candidate if the rumors of Sony cutting the system memory in half are true. I could see MS/Sony lobbying for the "exclusive" but given Nintendo's new stance on gaming with Cafe/3DS (ok its not a new stance just one that actually thinks about their main audience) I would not be surprised to see MGS5 on PS3/Cafe with NGP functionality to emulate Cafe's rumored LCD screen controller.

All being said it would be very cool (and relieving) to have Kamiya at the helm of Rising, he is a master at action games.
I imagine theres some fat that can be trimmed off, but as far as I know theres some games around that size on steam already.

the chris

PetriP-TNT said:
This right here, then again if it's true then I'll eat my hat.

Pictured is my hat:
GzgKg.jpg

Top Bottom