• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Relaxed Muscle said:
So if MGS:Rising is alive, MGS:pW on PS3 is alive so....maybe the one that got canned was MGS3D?
Or the version of Rising being made at KojiPro.

Or, you know, something else.

ezekial45

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:
I am impressed at how many people think that this is actually true. Come on, Kojima Productions randomly giving out their games to other developers? MGS4 being released at this point in another platform that is not 360?

I think this is really bullshit, I cannot believe this kind of rumor until I see the real announcement.

Silicon Knights did the MGS1 Remake.

Plus, Kojima and Kamiya are buddies. So i don't see this as weird at all.

Persona7

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:
I am impressed at how many people think that this is actually true. Come on, Kojima Productions randomly giving out their games to other developers? MGS4 being released at this point in another platform that is not 360?

I think this is really bullshit, I cannot believe this kind of rumor until I see the real announcement.
Silicon Knights made a remake of MGS1.

I thought it was pretty good and actually prefer it over the original due to the enhanced graphics and new feautures.

edit: beaten god damn it

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EmCeeGramr said:
any minute now we'll find out that kamiya's dad and kojima's dad knew each other and made games on cold war computers that were more powerful than the ps1

edit: also that kamiya's dad actually designed the first metal gear for msx

BUT WHO IS THE BOSS!?

I'm also not sure how I feel about this. I don't mind Kamiya, but Bayonetta wasn't too good (IMO, didn't appeal too strongly to me). Devil May Cry 1-3 were alright, however. So I'm lukewarm to it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
ezekial45 said:
Silicon Knights did the MGS1 Remake.

Plus, Kojima and Kamiya are buddies. So i don't see this as weird at all.

What about the MGS4 being on PC part of the rumor? That's where they lost credibility.

Radogol

DieH@rd said:
No, this is from HD version
mgsixt3.jpg

:) Not much better.
They tried high-resolution textures - there were screens floating around, can't find them anymore - but Kojima supposedly vetoed them. They were very literal, with none of the speed-painting look.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
As long as it's only one of the games he'll be directing right now I'm okay with it.

Gravijah

TheSeks said:
BUT WHO IS THE BOSS!?

I'm also not sure how I feel about this. I don't mind Kamiya, but Bayonetta wasn't too good (IMO, didn't appeal too strongly to me). Devil May Cry 1-3 were alright, however. So I'm lukewarm to it.

I disagree with your opinion, sir.

If true, it will be the first time I don't buy an MGS game, hell I probably won't even rent it.

I'd love the steam rumor to be true though for MGS4, no installs please! Although it would be a massive audio downgrade.

daffy

Banned
Angry Fork said:
So why are people believing this guy exactly? I'm not saying he's lying but a PC port of MGS3 and 4? lol what.
Other places have been mentioning it as well. Not just OP.

Didn't hear about the PC ports though. MGO on Steam would be a truly momentous celebration.

legacyzero

Banned
duckroll said:
Why would you think it was a MGS game that got canned?
If you had to chose something to cut from the three, which would you cut?

I'd cut MGS3D TBH, especially if there was a port going to PC for it.

ezekial45

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:
What about the MGS4 being on PC part of the rumor? That's where they lost credibility.

Why's that? It's been out for a few years now and i'm sure they can translate it pretty well over to play on PC's.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
legacyzero said:

Konami listed it on their fiscal report all of one week ago.

duckroll

legacyzero said:

I don't think you understood my question.

Radogol said:
They tried high-resolution textures - there were screens floating around, can't find them anymore - but Kojima supposedly vetoed them. They were very literal, with none of the speed-painting look.
Yup I remember seeing them before MGS for PC was released. Solid Snake's eyes were way more defined in the screenshots that were initially released. In the final game they were just blobs like the PSX version.

Radogol

Stitch said:
if they really release mgs 1 on steam then i hope it's twin snakes :p
Why would they, when a PC version already exists? Besides, I think Twin Snakes is partially owned by Nintendo.

EatChildren said:
Steam is full of old and classic titles from a wide variety of systems, including games that look about as good (and in some cases worse) than Metal Gear Solid. You'd get the Metal Gear Solid PC port from way back; same game in higher resolutions and with a texture filter.

Being old wouldn't stop the game getting re-released on Steam.
I was talking about a re-release for consoles, like Ubi did for Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia. People always mention this possible collection, but putting a PS1 game (not the PC version) in a HD collection, well, sounds ridiculous.

Persona7 brought up a good point, though. But I doubt Konami would do something like this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
MGS4 to steam? I know we all wanted the trophy patch but not like this...

OMG you are right! They might actually patch them in the PS3 now that they need to do Steam achievements anyway.

Are Steam achievements mandatory btw?

Ceebs

Lion Heart said:
If true, it will be the first time I don't buy an MGS game, hell I probably won't even rent it.

I'd love the steam rumor to be true though for MGS4, no installs please! Although it would be a massive audio downgrade.
They could always let you download the uncompressed audio separate from the rest of the game like the Polish language audio for The Witcher 2.

V_Ben

Banned
TTP said:
OMG you are right! They might actually patch them in the PS3 now that they need to do Steam achievements anyway.

Imagine if... the MGS games coming to Steam opened the doors for a HD Classics collection on PS3, and a trophy patch coming to MGS4.

Thanks for the info :)
Angry Fork said:
So why are people believing this guy exactly? I'm not saying he's lying but a PC port of MGS3 and 4? lol what.

Someone here already said they got to review an unreleased MGS3 port. MGS4 likely started on PC and kept a 1024x768 resolution of all things ;)
edit: preview, meh.

duckroll

TTP said:

Steam achievements are not mandatory, and merely one of several possible functions of Steamworks. A game can also be released on Steam without using Steamworks at all.

Top Bottom