• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
lowrider007 said:
That is interesting, Sony aren't messing around.

It's really just a gamescom-week offer in one store in Cologne...not a general strategy. Probably will help them get rid of their fats though :p

leehom

I've been up all night, but I'll stay awake to see if the ps3 slim is really announced and my new hdtv is coming in today :)

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
lowrider007 said:
That is interesting, Sony aren't messing around.

hey buddy, imagine if jaffe was using reverse psychology on us and the slim is actually $199

no..... just no, it's gonna be $299

noah111

Still Alive
I love how everyone is assuming the slim has to be $299, I can see the meltdowns already. I'm hoping it will be, but I get the feeling we'll see it at $399...

Also, if the slim and PSPgo were bundled at a fair price, I think I would probably bite. Perhaps at $500 or so..

HUELEN10

Bearillusion said:
Yep. It plays all PS3 phat games.
16j105k.png

Sentry said:
I love how everyone is assuming the slim has to be $299, I can see the meltdowns already. I'm hoping it will be, but I get the feeling we'll see it at $399...

Also, if the slim and PSPgo were bundled at a fair price, I think I would probably bite. Perhaps at $500 or so..

I guess you haven't seen the last couple of pages. K-Mart and Sears look like they are selling it for $299.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sentry said:

You missed the k-mart listing? They seem to have posted it early...they list it at $299.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018W014436760001P?adCell=W2#descriptionAnchor

In kmart we trust...er...I think we do anyway.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Pug said:
Yes, the rumours are that MS has readied itself for the PS3 price cut. They are cutting the SKU down to 2 upping the price of the Arcade unit from 129.99 to 159.99 and lower the price of the Elite model to match the SKU they are gettind rid of.

Eh ? so you think they are going to have a £159 Arcade sku on the market and a £179 Elite sku at the same time with only a £20 price difference ?, I'm telling you now noway is the Elite dropping down to the 'Pro' price.

1-D_FTW

Sentry said:

Admittedly Sears isn't the most reliable store in the world, but when their website is accepting preorders at 299.99, it's not exactly a stretch to assume that's the price.

EDIT: Beaten by gofreak. Last tab to read syndrome.

noah111

Still Alive
DoctorWho said:
I guess you haven't seen the last couple of pages. K-Mart and Sears look like they are selling it for $299.
Oh, damn! I skimmed through the last few pages but I didn't think there was a price listed yet, just woke up so pardon my eyes. That's awesome if true.

Anyone think Sony will actually meet their goal for this FY with a price like that?

Hopefully if this price and HDD rumours hold true i can change out my 80GB for one nearer xmas.
Hope to fuck they don't spoil the design, but if this price holds true i think the playstation brand is back in the game this gen.

Although if true again I bet Iwata is planning a swift launch of the Black Wii to try and spoil the party! Even i would say screw dat!

Loudninja

Sentry said:
Oh, damn! I skimmed through the last few pages but I didn't think there was a price listed yet, just woke up so pardon my eyes. That's awesome if true.

Anyone think Sony will actually meet their goal for this FY with a price like that?

If true?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if it's related (I don't know how Amazon's search works) but if you type "PS3 S" these options appear

I thought maybe it was just remembering variations of a previous search but I tried it in IE8 (I don't use this) and you get the same results back

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
... so, will the PS3 Slim have PS2 compatibility or not? Just wondering, because my 80GB model with partial PS2 compatibility is doing just fine, but still...

Karma said:
Sears has the same price and date as K-Mart.

Sears owns K-Mart! What I think is funny is that K-Mart and Sears of all places are the more legitimate stores to leak this info in the US. Totally Crazy. Of all places.

BigAT

For all current PS3 owners:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space or would it be better to just upgrade to something bigger from the get go? How easy or even possible is it to transfer data from an old PS3 drive to a new one when upgrading size?

Pug

lowrider007 said:
Eh ? so you think they are going to have a £159 Arcade sku on the market and a £179 Elite sku at the same time with only a £20 price difference ?, I'm telling you now noway is the Elite dropping down to the 'Pro' price.

You are probably correct, but I saw speculation regarding the 360 prices and SKU changes about a month ago. I'm pretty sure the Elite price is comming down to coincide with the new PS3.

Crisis

Banned
BigAT said:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space or would it be better to just upgrade to something bigger from the get go? How easy or even possible is it to transfer data from an old PS3 drive to a new one when upgrading size?

It's going to depend on whether or not you have a lot of movies or download a lot of movies and how many games you buy from PSN or updates and installations and the like. However for about 95% of PS3 owners (my estimation) you will never tap out the 120GB on it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
BigAT said:

My 80 gigger has about 50 GB left, give or take, even with a ton of Rock Band songs, Wipeout HD, and all of the Burnout Paradise DLC on it. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 500 GB hard disk, but it's not a priority at the moment.

BigAT said:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space
Yes. As long as you don't plan on storing all your videos on it. But that's not a good idea anyway when you can get PS3 media server streaming and transcoding on your PC.

Dragon

Banned
BigAT said:

120 GB is probably fine for any games, but if you're putting other stuff on there you might run into size issues.

Transferring stuff is easy, but you'll lose certain save files that are encrypted.

jmdajr said:
All I want to know is how the gimped this version.

There's no real information besides the Kmart page. But I'd go on record and say less gimped than that sentence you just posted.

Ettenra said:
Doesn't say it's a liveblog, but here's Eurogamer's link for conference coverage.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-gamescom-conference-live-report

Well considering the URL says 'live-report', there's a box at the top that says: '

This article will automatically update as it's written, without you having to refresh the page OR ANYTHING.

Please note: the text is presented with the latest content at the TOP', I'd say it's live.

Foil

twinturbo2 said:
... so, will the PS3 Slim have PS2 compatibility or not? Just wondering, because my 80GB model with partial PS2 compatibility is doing just fine, but still...

Nobody knows yet. Hopefully it does, but odds are that it won't.

If it does I'll likely sell my 60GB unit and upgrade to the Slim, assuming the redesign looks nice. If not, then I'm fine with my current model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom