• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
$299 YESSSSSSSS

Business Insider
Sony (SNE) is finally cutting the price of its PlayStation3 videogame console. The new price, $299, is not particularly aggressive, but will help Sony in its battle versus Microsoft and Nintendo.

Credit Kmart.com for breaking the news: The site has a banner up advertising a "New Exciting Playstation3" available for pre-order at $299.99. The site provides no image of the console, but says the "PS3 SLIM" will be released on August 24, 2009.

Sony (SNE) has not yet made an official announcement, but is expected to at a press event in New York City today, says CNET.

The 25% price cut is long overdue, but it still places the PS3 as the highest priced console - the Wii costs $249 and the Xbox costs $199. The PS3's advantage is that it includes Blu-ray movie playback.

And Sony really needs a boost: In July, Sony's PS3 unit sales dropped 46% year-over-year, the Wii's fell 55%, and the Xbox 360's dropped 1%.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
intheinbetween said:
Sony has kept PS3 Slim as a secret? seriously? :lol

Not 100% confirmed like their E3 pressers for the last few years, up till an hour or so ago you couldnt 100% say there was a PS3 Slim.

DMeisterJ said:

It begins

$599? i will wait till $499
$499? i will wait till $399
$399? i will wait till $299
$299? i will wait till $199
$199? i will wait till ......

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
D4Danger said:
$299 = £181.

£181 + VAT (£27) + unknown mandatory UK rip-off tax = £269

Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm hoping it's going to be £249.99 with a bundle. That should shake things up.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
If the price is really $300, as it seems like it will be, that's pretty nutty. I really never imagined Sony would be able to reach the pricing parity with X360. Much less have a smaller, and more feature packed machine at the same price. Perhaps now they finally have something. But who knows if its all too late.

noah111

Still Alive
I think people forget all that's being packed in the PS3 to begin with, no price will be cheap enough or 'fair' at this point.

Violater

Told a friend of mine about the "confirmed" price drop,

his response was " hasnt it always been that or for a while now?"
:lol
:/ 199 or bust

noah111

Still Alive
badcrumble said:
I'm waiting for $2 with Deep Blue emulation
3692015498_13b761b363_o.png

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TheBranca18 said:
Why are you comparing the Wii to the PS3? That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. The two situations are not even remotely close.
?

I'm talking about backwards compatibility...

PS3 Slim or how Sony won the console war for the 3rd generation in the row (as told by neogaf).

If everyone that said that they will buy the damn console when its $299 / a slim version comes out keep their promises, Sony will sell tens of millions of consoles in couple of months.

yurinka

BigAT said:
For all current PS3 owners:

Do you think 120 GB is enough hard drive space or would it be better to just upgrade to something bigger from the get go? How easy or even possible is it to transfer data from an old PS3 drive to a new one when upgrading size?
If possible, to something bigger.
Like in a PC, a HD is never too big. With years (or months), you always needs more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom