• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini Classic Thread | No preorder or shipping discussion here

RockmanBN

Cool, so I finished writing the OT for the first SNES Classics Club thread (Super Mario World). We'll be playing October 1st - 15th, but I'll be posting a little early. I also finished the code for the robot to do the SNES Classics Passport stamps! I think it's going to be great! I'll try to figure out good goals and a schedule going forward, but I'm really happy with what I managed to do this evening. Hope you all participate.

Sounds fun. Hopefully Gamestop does a midnight release so I can get it earlier.

Cool, so I finished writing the OT for the first SNES Classics Club thread (Super Mario World). We'll be playing October 1st - 15th, but I'll be posting a little early. I also finished the code for the robot to do the SNES Classics Passport stamps! I think it's going to be great! I'll try to figure out good goals and a schedule going forward, but I'm really happy with what I managed to do this evening. Hope you all participate.
Looking forward to it!

I'm probably just not following the discussion properly, but what options do we have for any home button controller options? Is this limited to the Wii classic controller specifically? Can I assume that wireless options are out of the question? That official HORI thing inexplicably doesn't have a home button I notice.

Ignoring that stuff, is this a feature that people daring/stupid enough to try to mod the thing might be able to work into the firmware at some point? This at least feels like it should be possible since I vaguely remember this getting worked into the NES classic.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Really tempted to get an 8Bitdo gamepad with a receiver for the S/NES Classics... but, damn, it's kinda expensive. €35 for the gamepad, €25 for the receiver.

I won't be bothered by the length of the cables (I'm playing on my desktop, alongside my PC and consoles), so I just want it for the easy access to the Home menu. Maybe I just get a Classic Controller for Wii and be done with it... or maybe I just reach to the console and hit Reset :p

Awesome!

I'm probably just not following the discussion properly, but what options do we have for any home button controller options? Is this limited to the Wii classic controller specifically? Can I assume that wireless options are out of the question? That official HORI thing inexplicably doesn't have a home button I notice.

Ignoring that stuff, is this a feature that people daring/stupid enough to try to mod the thing might be able to work into the firmware at some point? This at least feels like it should be possible since I vaguely remember this getting worked into the NES classic.

Don't know about controller options, but yeah the hacked NES Classic allowed access to the home menu by pressing Select + Down. Same can/will be done for the SNES I'm sure.

Really tempted to get an 8Bitdo gamepad with a receiver for the S/NES Classics... but, damn, it's kinda expensive. €35 for the gamepad, €25 for the receiver.

I won't be bothered by the length of the cables (I'm playing on my desktop, alongside my PC and consoles), so I just want it for the easy access to the Home menu. Maybe I just get a Classic Controller for Wii and be done with it... or maybe I just reach to the console and hit Reset :p
Or just wait for Hakchi to be implemented which will allow home menu access from the standard controller.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Don't know about controller options, but yeah the hacked NES Classic allowed access to the home menu by pressing Select + Down. Same can/will be done for the SNES I'm sure.

Or just wait for Hakchi to be implemented which will allow home menu access from the standard controller.

Sure. But that would defeat my point of getting a different controller in the first place, right? ;)

Joey Ravn

Banned
you could just buy a wii classic controller for like 8 bucks.

Yes. That's what I was thinking. Not much of a fan of the design of the Wii Classic Controller, but I think it will be more confortable to hold than the SNES controllers. At least, I'm more used to its "modern" shape than that of the old-school SNES ones.

If I can find it in black, that'd be ace. But those 8Bitdo controllers, man. They look gorgeous.

brawly

Damn, there's actually a ton of games I wanna try and play through. This Mega Man X music tho

latest

emjot

Managed to secure one of the first badges on Amazon UK, was hoping they could get it over to Germany until saturday, but it's not even despatched yet. bummer.

Anyone else got their shipping confirmation from Amazon UK yet?

ParityBit

So I am seeing numbers popping up on Brickseek. For some reason the Walmart near me is not listed. Any idea why?

I wonder if I will even have a chance.

deleted

Mine is being dispatched by Hermes (ugh) today. Hopefully it'll make it for tomorrow...

Will be fun to see how long this will take to get hacked.
Looking forward to get my very own nostalgia machine - in the future complete with Goof Troop, Asterix & Obelix, Mario Allstars and DKC2 & 3.

BTW, how dare GameXplain talk about the best Kirby game in the worst way!

Blizzard

Banned
I'll give it a week until it's hacked and ROM adding becomes a breeze.
I'm sure it will happen, I just wish there were a way to buy the SNES karts more easily. I don't know how expensive a SNES kart dumper is, but the games run over $40 for anything I want to add. I'm too honest / OCD to grab a ROM for something I don't physically own.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mine is supposed to arrive friday, fingers crossed. Just watched a review... had no idea you had to press the reset button to access the save state menu, sweet jesus

MRORANGE

On the plus side it looks like Nintendo has made enough of them so it's just a matter of waiting to get one.

Scalpels must be pissed.

Blizzard

Banned
Amazon US still shows no tracking details whatsoever, and no delivery estimate. Target US still shows the order hasn't reached UPS, no delivery estimate available now.

Piccoro

Damn, the store where I preorder probably already have the console, but they never break street date.
Why do they have to be so upright! :'(

Skyr

Amazon.de are preparing my shipment. Will be here tomorow.

Can't wait to replay super mario world in style.

WhatNXt

Smyths shipped mine this morning. I was getting worried!

Good guy SmythsToys came through - booked the day off, looking forward to it!

Might pick up some other games tomorrow too, could be a good day!

Chittagong

Awesome idea, I am definitely in. So that I understand correctly, will there be an OT for each game, or will it work like the NES thread where the title gets updated as games change?

Top Bottom