• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I Read On Beyond3d That Josh Robinson Just Got Fired........

puebla

most of those posters usually don't make stuff up, but can anybody else confirm.

if so i guess his posts were real. damn, dude is kinda stupid for actually putting that up on the internet.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
puebla said:
most of those posters usually don't make stuff up, but can anybody else confirm.

if so i guess his posts were real. damn, dude is kinda stupid for actually putting that up on the internet.

Yeah, he appearently broke alot of NDAs with Sony. One being that he released info that SOE is creating a game thats supposed to be released on or near the PS3 launch (which wasn't known about before he stated those things).

puebla

BlueTsunami said:
Yeah, he appearently broke alot of NDAs with Sony. One being that he released info that SOE is creating a game thats supposed to be released on or near the PS3 launch (which wasn't known about before he stated those things).
damn, that's fucked up.

if i was MS, i'd give him a job :D

puebla

quadriplegicjon said:
without knowing his skills or giving him a proper interview?? just for being a fanboy monkey?

good thing you aint MS.
i was being sarcastic u retard.

Gattsu25

Banned
This doesn't, in some backwards logic way, confirm that there are only 5 final devkits in the US now does it? Yes, it does

Unison

He didn't even reveal what the SOE game was?

If you're gonna get fired for breaking NDAs, go all out. Damn. I want to know price, final features list, complete launch lineup, exclusives, etc...

>:-|

puebla

Unison said:
Sony Online Entertainment (Untold Legends, Everquest, Planetside, etc).

What else did this dude have to say? Is there another thread?
yeah, there is a thread where u'll see everything he said, but the mods locked it.

they're prolly gonna lock this one too.

golem

the posters on Beyond3d drop their pants everytime any dev there comes close to nudging at sony's nda.

but when a negative opinion came out all of the sudden they were worried about the legality of it all...

Unison said:
He didn't even reveal what the SOE game was?

If you're gonna get fired for breaking NDAs, go all out. Damn. I want to know price, final features list, complete launch lineup, exclusives, etc...

>:-|

Bigger than SOE. Read above.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Josh R. was an idiot for posting all that stuff, NDAs or no. Every time I saw something new I just shook my head and said "damn man, are you TRYING to lose your job?"

No one can talk about their employer that way and get away with it. Dumbass got what he deserved... learn some discretion.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
He's nuts, shit at least change your name or something before posting. He must have been high or really hated his job.

BlueTsunami

If you read the thread at Beyond3D you see actuall developers talk about how serious breaking NDAs are and about different type of NDAs (Theres a clause in some NDAs that states that you can't reveal you are under an NDA).

It really fucks up your career in that your seen as someone who cannot keep company secrets. He also seem distrought and mad at Sony for some reason.

Agent Icebeezy said:
All that shit he said was true?

It seemed to be a mix. His personal opinions may be a reason why he got canned (what do you expect when your bad mouthing your own employer? :lol ). The other more serious reason is that he directly alluded to projects that Sony has ongoing that wasn't meant to be public (which is the SOE thing).

Most people are claiming his Xbox360 and PS3 comparisons were BS mainly because hes

1) He mainly just worked with the Art direction (not an actual developer) and wasn't involved with anything technical (he even states that hes not that technical :lol in that blog)

2) He states that 1st party developers are saying that the Xbox360 is better :lol

Unison

It's tough to see why he'd lie about this... lots of people have complained that there won't be a huge leap next generation. Even Carmack has said PS3 / 360 are really close in terms of performance.

I believe this news.

Matlock

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
It really fucks up your career in that your seen as someone who cannot keep company secrets. He also seem distrought and mad at Sony for some reason.

Taking note of his work on Planetside--it seems that a lot of SoE/ex-SoE people are really pissy about Sony proper. Ghetto budgeting, shitty management, etc. :p

Unison said:
It's tough to see why he'd lie about this... lots of people have complained that there won't be a huge leap next generation. Even Carmack has said PS3 / 360 are really close in terms of performance.

I believe this news.

HAHA, WHO IS CARMACK? SURELY BILL GATES HAS HIM IN HIS POCKET.

Unison said:

I believe this news.

But see you can take his state of mind two ways.

1) He was so mad at his employer that he slandered the hell out of the PS3.

2) He was so mad at his employer that he put the truth out there.

There is no way to tell which is true.

EDIT: Fromt he stats that we know, I have a hard time thinking that the 360 is more powerful overall.

Unison

According to mobygames, he's worked on Everquest 2 & Planetside. Everquest 2 had horrible art for the record. Here's his photo for photoshopping purposes:

1111846299-00.jpg

Matlock

Banned
Unison said:
According to mobygames, he's worked on Everquest 2 & Planetside. Everquest 2 had horrible art for the record. Here's his photo for photoshopping purposes:

1111846299-00.jpg

What an ugly face. Pale and loaded with text advertising mobygames...

BlueTsunami

Could be real, could be a distrought employee (right now a former employee) asking to get fired and slandering Sony in the process. Take it as you will

No matter what conclusion, his career in video games is (as other developers explained it) over

FYI: Hes a boxer on the side

Unison said:

1111846299-00.jpg

Weird tattoo on his face/neck.

Jonnyram

He may well have been on the way out when he wrote all that, and was just trying to stick the knife in while he still had Sony on his namecard.

Unison

krypt0nian said:
But see you can take his state of mind two ways.

1) He was so mad at his employer that he slandered the hell out of the PS3.

2) He was so mad at his employer that he put the truth out there.

There is no way to tell which is true.

EDIT: Fromt he stats that we know, I have a hard time thinking that the 360 is more powerful overall.

Well, obviously I don't know anything, but reading that original post, I don't get a "so mad" vibe at all. It sounds like some honest disappointment with the state of things at his company and an attempt to come to terms with a) the crappy launch game he's helping to make & b) the hardware that isn't living up to the hype.

Now, he's not a technical dude, so maybe he doesn't know anything, but I get the impression from reading that post that the systems are pretty close to one another in power and it's a judgment call to say one is faster than the other... that falls exactly in line with what Carmack said.

rastex

Banned
This reminds me of when George tries to get fired from the Yankees. Except this guy's attempt actually worked. His firing doesn't confirm anything in regards to what he said before since even if they're false he would be severely reprimanded. Though it does run in line with the general sentiment coming from most developers.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"In his free time, Josh enjoys swimming and mountain biking, and the occasional bouts as a professional NHB Fighter."

Josh is going to fuck you all up Gracie style!

Matlock

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Haha! The photoshop potential is ENDLESS.

Sho Nuff said:
"In his free time, Josh enjoys swimming and mountain biking, and the occasional bouts as a professional NHB Fighter."

Josh is going to fuck you all up Gracie style!

Chuck Norris has tattooed Josh Robinson's face on his chest. Chuck Norris doesn't take names, he takes fuckin' FACES. And kicks ass.

rastex said:
Though it does run in line with the general sentiment coming from most developers.

Wait..what? I've heard over and over that the PS3 is visibly more powerful than the 360. Some have used the words "order of magnitude"

No one has said that the "360 is better"

Mr_Furious said:
Nah. Just drama ;)

Oh I know that! ;)

Matlock said:

HOLY SHIT!!!! :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom