• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week Conference 2015 Thread

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Seriously that was the shittiest crowd ever I think. Applauding French devs like a crazy thing, and almost nothing for the other. As a french guy, I am ashamed.

The David Cage trailer shots were totally cliché, but the game is beautiful.
Michel Ancel game was the total contrary. Epic story/gameplay, low graphics.

Well anyway this conference = 7/10 for me. Globally happy (and I need the track from the GT Sport trailer !!).

It's times like this when you really notice how american dominated GAF is. Me and a couple of mates I'm chatting too about this are pretty hyped over what we saw. Shocking news, European show is based around a European audience.
It's got nothing to do with this being geared toward a European audience. Except for maybe this year's Sony E3 conference these threads are always filled with people shitting on the show they're watching.

If all you want are unexpected surprises like what we got at E3, more often than not you'll be disappointed. Unrealistic expectations are on you.

The pacing was poor but there was plenty of new stuff announced or shown. Far from a disaster.

GT Stream: I totally disagree with Ben on Boundless, I thought it looked real and like real gameplay and good, but agree with him on Matterfall, totally unuseful CG trailer.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Average if not crap. Jim Ryan is not a good time, neither is Denny.

+Dreams - good showing.
+Wild -way to lose your talent Ubi, lol.
+Gravity Rush 2 -a little too short, but phwoar.
+Battlefront -damn good trailer.

-GT Sport - this guy is just showing each year how much he costs and the dwindling returns. A huge segment of nothing just to stroke ego.
-VR - I love VR, that was a bad showing. Crytek fakeo demo was terrible.
-No megatons, not even really anything big. Could have done this at Gamesom, but... eh?
-Pre show had the better format with people actually playing games.
-David Cage. Jesus christ get over yourself.

I have to assume a lot of the biggies have been saved for PSX.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
People acting like this was supposed to be E3. Sony had 3 conferences this year E3,TGS and PGW. And there's still one more big one to go in December. More stuff will be announced.

nib95

Banned
2/10. Didn't meet my inflated expectations that after all these years I still haven't learned to stop creating. Maybe PSX is where they will announce Crash, Legend of Dragoon 2, Syphon Filter and SOCOM.

I doubt they'll announce those games, but rather than simply focusing solely on old legacy titles, you don't share a similar excitement for you know….new titles and new releases?

So, basically, we have these to look forward to for PSX:
-Sony Bend's horror game
-Sony Santa Monica (GoW prob)
-Level 5
-Sony RPG to rival Final Fantasy
-Devil May Cry 5
-PS2 classics
-PS1 classics

Guys, is PSX set to be the best conference of the year?

I can't believe we didn't even see one of these today.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thing I'm worried is that so far, it's early, every VR game had framerate's problems, would be super jarring especially in something like RIGS, also super disappointing bait and switch with GT Sports showing jack shit

The only thing that took me by surprise was Robinson: The Journey, the rest wasn't as exciting.

The combat for Horizon doesn't seem very fun, although the graphics are quite impressive.

MOutVOW.jpg

Other than Gravity Rush 2, this was the highlight of the conference. I didn't think it was possible to make snakes sexy, but dammit Ancel, you proved me wrong.

This was pretty much the VR event...not terribly exciting, but man, we have a lot of stuff to look forward to.

PSX should be more like E3 with game after game announcement. Also would have liked KAZ to do a GT 7 trailer right after GT sport, but still, playing GT in a headset is probably amazing.

Wild looks amazing, GR2 looks sick! SFV coming earlier than I expected,and ND actually getting creative with the MP. Solid conference, 810.

Bod

Neo Member
It's times like this when you really notice how american dominated GAF is. Me and a couple of mates I'm chatting too about this are pretty hyped over what we saw. Shocking news, European show is based around a European audience.

Utter nonsense , European here and was bored . Wild only thing that truly made me excited

Roxas

The June 2016 release date for NMS completely destroyed my boner for this conference to be honest. A lot of demos went way too long too.

6/10

Holmes

Good conference. It was sandwiched between TGS and PSX, and E3 was only a few months ago. So all things considered, I think it was good.

Man, the expectations of some of y'all were waaaayy too high. This wasn't meant to top E3. smh. Paris got some nice little surprises too. I'd say it was pretty solid and overall I liked what I saw.

My only expectations were to see the PS+ IGC titles and still got disappointed lol.

Elios83

Great conference for me.
Not a huge amount of new announcements, lots of updates but they set the stage for a great beginning of 2016 with SF5 in February, U4 in April and R&C in April.
Horizon looks amazing as does Gravity Rush 2 and they both launch next year.
Dreams is a really cool concept/game, not exactly my genre but it's obvious it's a really ambitious and interesting title.
Best of the show hands down for WILD and DETROIT. The latter seems like Blade Runner becoming a videogame with Kara as the main character.
Not particularly interested in PSVR but Rigs looks really fun.
Disappointment of the show GT Sport instead of GT7 :/

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
It's got nothing to do with this being geared toward a European audience. Except for maybe this year's Sony E3 conference these threads are always filled with people shitting on the show they're watching.

Yea. They self-inflate their own expectations and then walk away disappointed. Their fault.

weak conference overall. They showed some nice games, but the presentation left a lot to be desired. What's up with that GT Sport talk on stage? 6/10.

Anyway, Wild looks amazing!

oti

Banned
GAF, let's talk about press conference crowds. They aren't supposed to clap and grunt after every announcement. This is supposed to be for the press. This isn't one your weird American talk shows when it turns out that Mike isn't the father.

For real? Im from Europe and found this conference really mediocre.

And for the record I wasn't hyping anything besides U4 MP. So yeah, I didn't have any crazy expectations and just found it really mediocre.

Nameless

Builds unrealistic, over inflated expectations...bitches & bashes when they aren't met. Yup this is a GAf gaming event thread alright.

Anyway, UC MP, Dreams, Horizon, WILD, Detroit, and Gravity Rush 2 all look particularly amazing. Plus this was the best PSVR showing yet.

Solid showing? In my opinion only Detroid got my attention. See people have opinions.

REALLY boring conference but with PSX so close I can understand.

So is every Nintendo conference a 0/10 because I couldn't care less about any of the games there?

Dreams, Detroit, GTS and the PSVR stuff were all pretty important, regardless of your interest in them or mine.

I thought this was a very good, solid conference. Its hard to have an outstanding conference after the one Sony had at E3. I really dont know what people were expecting if they think it was awful or bad. Sony announced a few new games, one big new AAA title, teased Gran Turismo, showed more Horizon, Rime, etc.

It was one of those conferences that hit quite a few checkmarks to make everyone happy!

I'm a little surprised how down on the press conference people are. I thought it was a solid 7/10.

The positives (for me):

- Limited 3rd party stuff
- Gravity Rush 2 details
- More Horizon: Zero Dawn footage (although not all that new)
- Housemarque's new game
- Boundless
- No Man's Sky less vague release date
- WiLD gameplay demo
- Dreams gameplay footage
- Robinson: The Journey

Negatives:

- Pandering to the crowd too much (especially at the beginning)
- Making me think a new Crash Bandicoot was getting announced twice
- Dreams demo was too long
- Opening with two people needing translators hurt the pace early

QD games always look nice. I'm not very fond of their past games though.

I think.... This was a ok conference. A usual Playstation press conference. Starts a little good, middling middle, and good ending.

Highlights for me would be:

New trailer for Bloodborne The Old Hunters
New-ish demo for Horizon
Gameplay demo for WiLD
New Voiceover trailer for No Man's Sky with a release month
Gameplay trailer for Ratchet & Clank
Dreams demo
Ono with the trolls lol

So far E3(1), TGS(2), and PGW(3). PSX should be up to either 2 or 3.

delSai

VR was the most boring part, because i cant play this stuff without feeling awful.
Besides that, solid conference with some cool announcements. And now the wait for PSX begins!

Eric_S

That was nice, all in all, GT is always GT. I missed Rime though, that was about the biggest concern for me.

I'm happy to see progress on Wild, I thought that game would just float quietly into the night

Thought it was a ok show since I had no expectations and was kinda impressed with what they had to show when PSX is so close so I give it a 7/10.

Gedi

Neo Member
The pacing was horrible but let's not forget that they covered:

Dreams,
Detroit,
Horizon,
Uncharted 4: Multiplayer,
WILD,
Driveclub: Bikes
MatterFall
GT Sport

They're all 'Day One', Triple A purchases for me. As will be PlayStation VR, Ratchet & Clank & Street Fighter V mind you.... and titles like Boundless quite possibly too.

I actually enjoyed the conf.

Not every conference can be E3 2015

Was pretty solid for me. Only thing I didn't "get" was dreams. I fear for MM but I wish them the best.

Jigorath

Banned
I told you guys not to get too hyped. Sony's Gamescom shows have always been rather low key, no reason to think PGW was going to be different.

Bollocks

Seriously that was the shittiest crowd ever I think. Applauding French devs like a crazy thing, and almost nothing for the other. As a french guy, I am ashamed.

The David Cage trailer shots were totally cliché, but the game is beautiful.
Michel Ancel game was the total contrary. Epic story/gameplay, low graphics.

Well anyway this conference = 7/10 for me. Globally happy (and I need the track from the GT Sport trailer !!).

haha so it wasn't me.
I thought the otherwise quiet crowd kinda went overboard with Ancel and Cage

newjeruse

Good show. Crowd was awful. You can't lead with COD and Battelfront. It kills the energy from the beginning.

Detroit, Wild, and that portal game were the highlights.

Wagram

Conference material itself wasn't bad, but SCEE really needs to catch up to SCEA and SCEJ in terms of being able to do a conference. The poor presentation from the Gamescom conferences is still at play here. We don't need devs on stage talking for 5+ minutes about car manufacturers and having random ass convos. We can't harp EA for it, and not dock Sony for it either. It was pele levels of bad.

Top Bottom