• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week Conference 2015 Thread

NeoROCK

Matterfall looks so good. Game of the show for me. Housemarque pumps out action hits.

Those voxels are beauties! I hope this is a full fledged game like the trailer showed it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
LMAO
Nailed what? Legend of Dragoon 2, Socom, Crash blablah are never gonna happen. Stop using drugs and get real.

Damn good show. Nice for us here in europe. Detroit and WiLD looked awesome.
I see you failed to equip your sarcasm detector. Tis dangerous round these parts.

Just a quick question, did they show anything of What remains of Edith Finch?

Just caught up with the Detroit, so glad to see Kara got made into a full fledged title and wasn't just a tech demo, looks great.

Blobbers

Objectively, this conference had 2 megatons in GT Sport and Detroit: Become Human and a bunch of new look at's.
Also, objectively Wild is looking amazing.

It's times like this when you really notice how american dominated GAF is. Me and a couple of mates I'm chatting too about this are pretty hyped over what we saw. Shocking news, European show is based around a European audience.
I guess everyone in the audience who looked completely disengaged for 80% of the show were Americans too then.

Mendax

Just caught up with the Detroit, so glad to see Kara got made into a full fledged title and wasn't just a tech demo, looks great.

they showed too much of it in the preshow

Pennywise

Just part of a reel within the conference as far as I renember and they showed some gameplay before the conference started.

Hugstable

Banned
Only today's gamers would look at that conference and say it was anything close to bad. I'm becoming more and more disconnected from today's gamers. I find the vast majority of them to be whiny little ADHD ridden bitches.

A show with a great look at Gravity Rush 2, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon, Dreams, GT Sport and GT VR announced, NMS release date announced, new SFV characters shown, Tekken 7 announced, QD's new title based on their most famous character announced, fantastic WiLD showcase, etc in today's world is now " bad ". Hell even had a great look at Rigs and Robinson for VR which look really good for VR.

It's mind blowing how bad the user base has become

lol so because we didn't enjoy the conference.... we're bitches? People have different tastes.

ty_hot

Does anyone really enjoy playing Call of Duty with ZOMBIES?

When they released the first one for PS3 I thought 'wtf, who would enjoy this, makes no sense', and now I see they have their 3rd game about it.

cant believe it

Great conference for me.
Not a huge amount of new announcements, lots of updates but they set the stage for a great beginning of 2016 with SF5 in February, U4 in April and R&C in April.
Horizon looks amazing as does Gravity Rush 2 and they both launch next year.
Dreams is a really cool concept/game, not exactly my genre but it's obvious it's a really ambitious and interesting title.
Best of the show hands down for WILD and DETROIT. The latter seems like Blade Runner becoming a videogame with Kara as the main character.
Not particularly interested in PSVR but Rigs looks really fun.
Disappointment of the show GT Sport instead of GT7 :/
I got literally almost zero Blade Runner vibes from DETROIT. It's a lot more like the ending from Ex Machina, just in video game form.

Gonna be an interesting one to keep an eye on; I'm just very particular about noting sci-fi/cyberpunk influences in games and other media is all.

Withnail

No but that's an SCEA title, we will probably see it at PSX.

mejin

Conference material itself wasn't bad, but SCEE really needs to catch up to SCEA and SCEJ in terms of being able to do a conference. The poor presentation from the Gamescom conferences is still at play here. We don't need devs on stage talking for 5+ minutes about car manufacturers and having random ass convos. We can't harp EA for it, and not dock Sony for it either. It was pele levels of bad.

Agreed.

But I really liked the ending: GT Sports, WiLD and Detroit were great show.

The userbase is bad and they're whiny little bitches... because they have different gaming tastes than you?

what tastes?

I seriously have no clue what tastes gamers have these days. If everything we saw at PGW conference equates to " bad " when so many genres were showcased, and showcased well, what is left? So, Star Wars is bad? Alright so there goes competitive shooters. Battleborn and Rigs were bad? There goes arena shooters. Gravity Rush and Ratchet and Clank were bad? Ok there goes 3D action adventures. Gran Turismo Sport / GT VR / DriveClub Bikes was bad? Ok there goes racers. Alienation was bad? There goes couch co-op schmups. Robinson was bad? There goes Jurassic Park VR experiences ( which tons of people asked for btw ). Horizon and Wild were bad? There goes open world games. Detroit was bad? There goes interactive cinematic experiences. Dreams was bad? There goes creation games.

I mean what tastes are you talking about? Everything?

schaft0620

One of the things we didn't get were this months PS+ titles I was expecting them to do what they did last year and announce Nov, Dec, Jan

How can something that never had even a hint of a release date be delayed?

I am sure if I try hard enough I can find some quote somewhere from someone at Sony after the reveal that says its a 2015 title.

ReaperXL7

Conference was a little disappointing but more for the flat talky bits rather than the games. On the games

Driveclub Bikes out today is cool, would have had a lot more impact if it hadn't leaked.
Horizon looks fucking mint.
Dreams is really interesting (but not sure if it's fun).
New Housemarque game!!!
New GT game!
GR2 looks gorgeous.
QD game, which was expected but looked pretty nice.

Yeah in terms of games it was decent for me.

Worst part was the lengthy delay to No Man's Sky. Though at least it gives us another chance to laugh at VG247 (who said they heard it would be out this week). LOL.

How can something that never had even a hint of a release date be delayed?

Thanks for the answers everyone.
Don't know if I will seek that footage out now, may be good to go into it not knowing a lot.
Unfinished Swan was interesting enough, I have faith in Giant Sparrow.

GeoramA

Solid show. We got our Quantic Dream game, Polyphony game, and demos for WiLD, Dreams, and Horizon.

No Rime, though :( Plz don't be in development hell.

Audette

Well I thought it was a decent showing for Sony. Even though only a few titles clicked with me, I think they had a large amount of new, interesting and upcoming titles shown.

Was worth the watch I thought.

I thought it was a good conference with the games that they showed. Nice diversity with the line up. Personally really enjoyed seeing more of Horizon, Dreams, SFV, Tekken 7, and Gravity Rush 2. First time seeing Wild and loving it (that bear riding). VR was interesting especially Crytek's Robinson: The Journey (dinosaurs!), and I will wait to hear and see more of Detroit (exploring the human consciousness always is an exciting topic).

My thoughts as well. Really good conference games wise and what we got to actually see more of.

Hampered by bad pacing.

After the fact, while I think Brandon jumped on it too quickly (he was bored with it after like merely a minute and half) once the talking for GT passed like 3 minutes I agreed with him, the talking droned on too long.

Beefy

Detroit: Looks interesting, but I need to see more.
WiLD: Looks really good!
Horizon: Zero Dawn. Is still a must buy.

Leon Raycloud

Neo Member
This conference was pretty meh , horizon was cool, realease date for no man´s sky and bb the old hunters was great , shit still waiting for nier 2 , is SE having a conference?

l74cWzI.gif
[/IMG]
I just want my PSASBR 2 :p

thuway

Content was awesome, presentations and the demonstrations didn't live up to their mark. They could have easily made this a 9 out of 10 but fumbled into 7.5 territory.

Solid show. We got our Quantic Dream game, Polyphony game, and demos for WiLD, Dreams, and Horizon.

No Rime, though :( Plz don't be in development hell.

Given it's second showing at last year's Gamescom (?), somehow I think Rime got upgraded and expanded with a budget boost, hence why we've had such a wait. It looked quite a bit bigger last time they showed it back then.

Hugstable

Banned
what tastes?

I seriously have no clue what tastes gamers have these days. If everything we saw at PGW conference equates to " bad " when so many genres were showcased, and showcased well, what is left? So, Star Wars is bad? Alright so there goes competitive shooters. Battleborn and Rigs were bad? There goes arena shooters. Gravity Rush and Ratchet and Clank were bad? Ok there goes 3D action adventures. Gran Turismo Sport / GT VR / DriveClub Bikes was bad? Ok there goes racers. Alienation was bad? There goes couch co-op schmups. Robinson was bad? There goes Jurassic Park VR experiences ( which tons of people asked for btw ). Horizon and Wild were bad? There goes open world games. Detroit was bad? There goes interactive cinematic experiences. Dreams was bad? There goes creation games.

Why do you care so much about what other people like or don't like? You liked the conference, so what's the issue, does a certain amount of people have to be happy or excited? And not everyone is saying "bad", we are saying it was disappointing.

Of the three Sony conferences so far this year, I think this was the weakest. With that said, there's still a good half dozen game announcements that I would be looking forward to. Solid 7/10 in my book.

LewieP

I missed this.

I'm correct in thinking that there was no mention of any form of PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility, and no further details on the upcoming PS4 releases of those PS2 Star Wars games?

Kinsei

Banned
what tastes?

You're completely ignoring the way they were shown. Horizon was pretty much the exact same thing as E3 and should not have had a live demo. You can think a game looks good but think the way it was shown off in the conference was bad (This applies to me with both Horizon and Ratchet).

eFKac

So Rime is dead or what? :-/

Great conference, liked the more casual approach. Kaz took to long to talk and said very little :-/

Another game from Housemarque?! Soo good! They have a lot on their plate currently though

Audette

Before the show they had somebody playing Edith Finch on stage. They kept cutting between that and 3 or 4 other games before the conference started.

Showed gameplay first person gameplay.
-An owl, eating vermin.
-A shark, rolling down a hill and getting stuck on a tree and eating seals once it eventually got to the sea.
-I also saw something of a tentacle on a boat eating people. I assume the last was a octopus.

what tastes?

You're joking right? So I can't like Halo 5 because I don't like Star Wars BF and therefore I don't like shooters?

Is that what you're saying?

Some people liked it, others didn't. Don't need to get yourself all worked up.

Top Bottom