• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony please STOP this SHIET!!!!!!!!

SSfox

For Fuck sake it's been months now they're putting this Fortnite trash or other garbage IDGA about in my Dashboard

They couldn't guess that i don't care about Fortnite despite i keep insta delete this shit over and over and over??!!!

Sony and Playstation need to stop this bullshit holy fuck what's wrong with those pushing for trash clowns???

7Ih8HHj.jpg

Kilau

How to Stop Ads Being Added to the PS4's Dashboard
  1. Go to Settings. From the home menu screen (where your PS4's app icons are displayed) push up and browse to the toolbox icon labelled 'Settings'. ...
  2. Go to the System submenu. ...
  3. Go to the Automatic Downloads submenu. ...
  4. Disable Featured Content.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I never see this. I think there is an option to disable these kinds of things that I did on the PS4 and it carried over.
  1. Go to Settings. From the home menu screen (where your PS4's app icons are displayed) push up and browse to the toolbox icon labelled 'Settings'. ...
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

SSfox

I never see this. I think there is an option to disable these kinds of things that I did on the PS4 and it carried over.

Oh really, i'll take a look then

Who cares? Scroll past it.

1,2,3,4,5 times ok maybe, but over time it get really annoying

Saber

A real important note OP.

I already knew this configuration on the dashboard settings ages ago and it doesn't really works. These ads shows in my dashboard from time to time regardless.

With all the data these businesses farm you'd think they almost know if you did or didn't want to play something based on your game history and other such bits of data they use to push targeted ad's. Right?

Skyfox

Anyone know of a way to do this on PS5?

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be there on PS5 right? It's not on mine anyway.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
For Fuck sake it's been months now they're putting this Fortnite trash or other garbage IDGA about in my Dashboard

They couldn't guess that i don't care about Fortnite despite i keep insta delete this shit over and over and over??!!!

Sony and Playstation need to stop this bullshit holy fuck what's wrong with those pushing for trash clowns???

7Ih8HHj.jpg
Hey , I didn't know you were french (or french speaking), just disable the ads, I never had one on mine.

Flutta

My tears. Exclusive to gamepass. Forever.
I had that issue with Disney+. Not sure how many times i’ve deleted that shit 🤣🤣🤣

Lunarorbit

Totally agree. It's so weird that they seemingly have no idea what games appeal to me. I've done the same thing, deleting games or saying I had no interest in them but they still advertise the same products.

Without themes it seems like having personalized ads would have been the alternative. Instead it's just annoying and obtrusive

Holammer

Sony: Our datamining & machine learning algorithms show you belong to the player demographic that plays Fortnite, don't be such a big baby and install it already.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
lol stop being poor 4head buy a ps5

all jokes aside there's ways to disable this shit lol
you can also disconnect from the internet, bam no more ads

Filben

I remember when they wanted to push Ark by literally putting it under every game in the "people also bought /liked" category. From The Last of Us to Battlefield, it was, for a time, literally under every single game.

According to Netflix this Hot Island trash TV series has 98% match although I only watch Godless, Barbarians, Maniac and thrillers on Netflix.

These algorithms are trash and it's basically payed advertisement.

Top Bottom