• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony please STOP this SHIET!!!!!!!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bake a cake at 300 degrees for the first minute. Score it halfway in and set it to 400 the last 30 minutes.

The frosting you can buy at your local supermarket. I'm pretty sure you can manage that once you have your bakery tools for decorating.

Sleepwalker

For a minute I was like "damn the PS5 ui looking kinda fire now" then realized op is using a plebstation 4

triple-h-hhh.gif

BlackTron

Totally agree. It's so weird that they seemingly have no idea what games appeal to me. I've done the same thing, deleting games or saying I had no interest in them but they still advertise the same products.

It means they aren't as sophisticated tracking your habits as Google. Personally, I welcome this. I prefer a company that spams the same ad to everyone, than try to snoop every detail to serve "personalized content".

BlackTron

For a minute I was like "damn the PS5 ui looking kinda fire now" then realized op is using a plebstation 4

Wow, this looks great! OH WAIT

PS4 Pro is aesthetically better and has a nicer interface. It isn't as powerful under the hood no, but it's a perfectly fine Playstation while waiting for the right moment, especially if you have other gaming devices.

The original PS4, yeah. Fucking plebstation LOL

Shifty1897

For the record, this is because you played Fortnite at some point on Playstation. You can "unfollow" the game from the store page and you won't get notifications anymore.

SSfox

For the record, this is because you played Fortnite at some point on Playstation. You can "unfollow" the game from the store page and you won't get notifications anymore.
I DL when it was new for 10 minutes and never played it since, i have never DL rocket league for example but it pop sometimes.

Anyways hopefully with this setting those shitty Ads won't come back

Aenima

Anyone know of a way to do this on PS5?

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be there on PS5 right? It's not on mine anyway.
On PS5 the "feautured games" are in a separate section that you only see when you press the PS button, but are not intrusive. You only see ads for these games if you had downloaded them before, because the system auto follows any game you install. If this annoys anyone, then just have to unfollow the game and the ads for that game will not appear again.

PS3 had the worst dashboard ad, at least here in europe, there was a permanent singstar full page backgroud ad that i think it could not be removed.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Never played Fortnite in my entire life and the ads keeps poping up. It has nothing to with play history.
But you have thought about it. And Sony has access to your thoughts. Did you not read the fine print?

Last edited:
How to Stop Ads Being Added to the PS4's Dashboard
  1. Go to Settings. From the home menu screen (where your PS4's app icons are displayed) push up and browse to the toolbox icon labelled 'Settings'. ...
  2. Go to the System submenu. ...
  3. Go to the Automatic Downloads submenu. ...
  4. Disable Featured Content.

/thread

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I was also confused why OP 's screen looked like that, lol.

This also works for PS5. The unfollow settings on PS5 is now integrated into the OS., so you can do alot at one time vs game by game in the store.

IIts a lil different but has the same effect.

GymWolf

This is the small price to pay to not have a nextgen 10 dollars tax on games.

Wait...

Last edited:

Eddie-Griffin

Cancer the womens baby so we can pregnant the panda, we are looking for igloos tonight Are you sexy?
They are trying to course correct you after noticing the anime Hoyo on your dashboard.

Spyxos

I have never seen that before. Yes, that would annoy me too. I'm already annoyed by the advertising on my TV menu.

Loomy

Neo Member
For Fuck sake it's been months now they're putting this Fortnite trash or other garbage IDGA about in my Dashboard

They couldn't guess that i don't care about Fortnite despite i keep insta delete this shit over and over and over??!!!

Sony and Playstation need to stop this bullshit holy fuck what's wrong with those pushing for trash clowns???

7Ih8HHj.jpg
Lol, imagine if you asked how to disable this instead of jumping straight to outrage...

hemo memo

On PS5 whatever the game you start, it will automatically follow for new news. You have to go to Fortnite from PSN and unfollow.

Top Bottom