• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

Rooster

Seems fair enough. I have no use for a camera so don't want to pay for one. I do believe camera uptake will be higher this gen though because of the social features. This may encourage more developers to create games that use the camera.

IDK about you, but I don't turn any of my TVs off, they sleep when they have no input.
And I don't turn off my cable box either.

Same goes for millions of others.

If you plug your cable in through your XboxOne, and then tell your Xbox to sleep, you should have no reason to turn off your TV, it should shut off itself, or rather, current TVs will.

Yes, this is Microsoft's target audience.

Woffls

Good chaps. By the time Kinect is worth it, Xbone will have dropped in price anyway. Only possible reason Microsoft is bundling Kinect is so that developers actually think it's worth working with.

Hmmm I'm of two minds of this.

One: Pope is kind and if Sony wants to come come out in front of MS early the $100 dollar price difference is the key.

Two:But I really thong some interesting gameplay ideals could come out of the Eye4

I kind of wish Sony would have bundled the Eye in every sku and priced it at$449.

Cyborg

Good choice Sony, love you for it. If I wanna buy a camera I will buy it on my own! € 399 is an amazing pricepoint!

Top Bottom