• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Persona86

Banned
I don't care if a game is 3D or 2D, offline or online, exclusive or multiplatform for me any game is worthy to be on PS4 if it is fun. That's why I want no segregation for games nextgen.

Edit: Some of my most anticipated games for nextgen is Transistor, Infamous: SS and Watch Dogs. (AC4 is looking good but I won't buy it day one after the mess AC3 was).
I didn't mean it "wasn't" worthy. I meant it made me crave for more. (which is a good sing I guess)

I'm gonna buy the game and enjoy it. I'm just saying when I look at it, all I want is an epic 3D action space game, something that's very rare these days. Not many developers are willing to take the risk or are ambitious enough.

The last game like that I enjoyed was Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on gamecube, technology has come a long way since then.

Well at least Star Citizen is coming one day.

Dead Nation 2

b9O6zeh.gif

God almighty, that's terrifying. If he pulls any shit like that in Beyond, I'm ejecting the disc and flinging it out of the window.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I didn't mean it wasn't worthy. I meant it made me crave for more. (which is a good sing I guess)

I'm gonna buy the game and enjoy it. I'm just saying when I look at it, all I want is an epic 3D action space game, something that's very rare these days. Not many developers are willing to take the risk or are ambitious enough.

The last game like that I enjoyed was Star Wars: Rogue SquadronOn gamecube.

Well at least Star Citizen is coming one day.
Fair enough, and you make a great point it would be awesome to have a game like that.

The current conversation in this thread is starting to remind me of the day before E3 when everyone was worried that Sony was going to screw things up.

20-30 minute of Ubisoft game demo says that they screwed up. Sony has a deal with Ubi but 30 minute demo is way too much. Only one game announced (i know i know many games little announcement so they don´t blow their lowed). The pace was atrocious.

Anyone think we might see Tarsier's game?

I thought it was way too far off, but I dunno - maybe if it's Metronome they picked back up then they have a basis for it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Media Molecule can do with PS4 tech.

large.jpg

The PS Reveal tech demo looked pretty clever and innovative, and because of their simple pixar-ish art direction I'm expecting something visually impressive too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
20-30 minute of Ubisoft game demo says that they screwed up. Sony has a deal with Ubi but 30 minute demo is way too much. Only one game announced (i know i know many games little announcement so they don´t blow their lowed). The pace was atrocious.

Watch Dogs is probably doing more to drive preorders than any other game announced. I think their partnership with Ubi on that game will pay off huge.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Media Molecule can do with PS4 tech.

large.jpg

The PS Reveal tech demo looked pretty clever and innovative, and because of their simple pixar-ish art direction I'm expecting something visually impressive too.
I think the sculpting thing is more what their next game will be. Time for that full 3D creation tool

Racer1977

Will there be any direct link to watch a repeat of the press conference, as the moment you go on any site it's bound to be filled with spoilers.

Boke1879

Watch Dogs is probably doing more to drive preorders than any other game announced. I think their partnership with Ubi on that game will pay off huge.

Exactly. Ubisoft had a statement where they said Next gen version of AC4 and Watch Dogs the preorder numbers were higher on current gen. I'm sure the PS4 Watch Dogs bundle on amazon had a lot to do with this.

Not to mention Ubisoft is pretty much marketing it as a next gen game.

I wonder if there'll be a new Beyond trailer tomorrow?
I feel like the marketing for that has been a little all over the place compared to Heavy Rain, definitely not as effective.

DieH@rd

Banned
Exactly. Ubisoft had a statement where they said Next gen version of AC4 and Watch Dogs the preorder numbers were higher on current gen. I'm sure the PS4 Watch Dogs bundle on amazon had a lot to do with this.

Not to mention Ubisoft is pretty much marketing it as a next gen game.

No, they said nextgen preorders are higher.

Racer1977

No The Order is crushing.
They need to fill a 1.5hr press conference, since the February reveal, they've shown ONE new first party game.

When you consider how many games Sony have planned for the systems first year, and the progress MS have made (backtracking or not), I'd be gobsmacked if Sony didn't have multiple game reveals and exciting system news.

In recent years Gamescom has been as important as E3 for Sony, this is the most important Gamescom for a (system) generation, they have to knock it out of the park to maintain momentum well into E3 '14.

Maybe not that extreme, but at the very least he is going to give us some creepy smiles. Better get ready for it :D

I can handle Dafoe's special brand of creepy smiling; I just don't need him gurning maniacally towards the camera in a fit of perverted ecstasy. Game will probably be tense enough as it is.

Haha. I used to have a Willem Dafoe living under my bed.

Wut? Did you at least call Social Services?

Watch the only interesting PS4 thing be Infamous :(. And the leaked release date. Oh well at least Housemarque shows something.

Vita show is our only hope now!

Last Gamescom had SCEJ stuff like rain and Puppeteer, right?
Gravity Rush 2 isn't out of the question surely? /wishful thinking

What, no leak yet??? I thought Sony is famous at leaking stuff.

I think everything of their PS4 stuff has been under lock and key since PS Meeting. October release is the only thing that springs to mind as a bigger leak.

Top Bottom