• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

IN&OUT

Banned
If there is one thing certain about this generation, the race between Sony and MS is going to be MUCH tighter. This gen, MS had a huge advantage. A year extra, Sony's $599, the botched PS3 E3, "PS3 has no games", PS3 games running worse than the Xbox, PS3 UI being terrible, etc etc.

Now? They are starting on really even footing. PS3 at $399, MS with TitanFall and DLC, releasing nearly together, etc etc. I can not see the PS4 doing as poorly compared to the Xbone as the PS3 did compared to the 360. Yeah, PS3 made up some ground, but never really reached parity in terms of sales.

I wonder how the non-factor of the WiiU is going to affect the next gen. I mean, this gen, the Wii just fucking destroyed everything. People were gobbling that shit up. At this point in time, there are really only 2 players instead of 3, unless Nintendo pulls a miracle with the WiiU.

PS3 has OUTSOLD 360 WW after launching 18 months later at a $200 more expensive price point.

PS4 will easily outsell X1 and I'm expecting 10-15 million lead if not more.

EDIT: Don't tell me you are from the bunch that thinks USA = World

Shivin

Neo Member
I want a VITA price cut.

A radical VITA price cut.

That is what I want.

*folds arms*

I'd rather see some good games than a price cut....price cut all you want but if they're not any more good games why bother no matter how cheap it is?

UK centric opinion : Now the difference between the 2 is ~£40.

I'm sure there are a good few folk happy to pay £40 extra to get Kinect 2.0 + FIFA.

I doubt Sony will even acknowledge it tbh, if it's even FIFA. Still not convinced it's not just going to be Kinect Sports or something equally shit.

Thats the difference for people who intended to buy FIFA with their X1, the difference hasn't changed for those with no interest in FIFA because good luck trying to trade that in for any money.

Derrick01

Banned
Hey guys gamescom is tomorrow

i dunno about you but i am hype

hype todamax

I wish I could get hyped. I just feel like Sony's going to waste our time on announced games or a bunch of dumb shit that no one there or watching online cares about. Sony likes doing that.

Thats the difference for people who intended to buy FIFA with their X1, the difference hasn't changed for those with no interest in FIFA because good luck trying to trade that in for any money.

Yeah, I can relate.
I felt dirty buying my PS3 Slim because it had Gran Turismo bundled in with it.
Somehow it made my purchase less value for money.
Sorry
notsorry

Mikey Jr.

Your entire post is full of 100% grade-A wrongness.

399 PS4 and Titanfall are even footing now? In what world?

PS3 never reached parity in terms of sales? Haven't we heard reports of PS3 being in second place now?

I think a lot of us don't see this coming gen anywhere close to as tight as this gen was.

Dude...PS3 outsold 360 overall worldwide and currently outselling it still.

PS3 has OUTSOLD 360 WW after launching 18 months later at a $200 more expensive price point.

PS4 will easily outsell X1 and I'm expecting 10-15 million lead if not more.

I was speaking more in terms of NA and UK. Lets be real, the Xbox won here in NA. Both in terms of mindshare and sales. You guys expecting Xbone to be demolished are day dreaming. The PS3 was $599 and in the early years, had some real stinkers. They recovered magnificently.

The Xbone is $499 and has some pretty high profile exclusives. Plus they reverted a lot of their bad policies. So yes, I think they are on even footing. Sony has some advantages, and MS has some advantages.

Shivin

Neo Member
Ya, it is.

But notoriously sells infinitely better on Playstation consoles.

Well, to be fair...the PS3 sold better in Europe so of course FIFA sold better on the PS3. I don't think it's necessarily means that the game itself was better or worse on either platform.

I was speaking more in terms of NA and UK. Lets be real, the Xbox won here in NA. Both in terms of mindshare and sales. You guys expecting Xbone to be demolished are day dreaming. The PS3 was $599 and in the early years, had some real stinkers. They recovered magnificently.

The Xbone is $499 and has some pretty high profile exclusives. Plus they reverted a lot of their bad policies. So yes, I think they are on even footing. Sony has some advantages, and MS has some advantages.

USA=world confirmed. Does US and UK even make of 50% of worldwide sales? I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong.

ToyBroker

Banned

Must be a vast majority of this forum daydreaming then.

360 was such a runaway success in NA because of it's early launch and price.

Now they are launching at same time, PS4 100 bucks cheaper, and the first impression Xbone came to the buying public is that it's a restrictive draconian console. Lots of people don't even know about the 180s.

I guess we'll see.

I just don't understand how you could say they are on even footing based on what you've said, but ok.

Is it? I'm British and don't give a fuck about Fifa.

Hand in your British card pls
I'm British, couldn't give a shit

I overheard a guy on the bus yesterday talking to his mate about FIFA is the only game he owns, and he plays it every day. He said every other game is boring, expect for Tekken, which he used to play about 6 years ago but stopped. My soul was slowly ebbing away as I listened.

RulkezX

Is it? I'm British and don't give a fuck about Fifa.

Oh , you're that 1 guy:)

I live in a shitty little town and my Tesco was queued out the door at midnight for FIFA last year. FIFA sold 3 million in the UK alone, given the sales figures for the last year or so that's an enormous amount of sales.

Skeff

This is why people think Americans think they're the center of the world.

Top Bottom