• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I used to think European-made cars were cheaper across the pond, but after looking at the cost of a Mercedes SLS stateside ($199,500 - $206,000) and the cost in euros (€177,310 or $265,531) I was way off lol.

Lol... I had the wrong impression on my part for sure!

DieH@rd

Banned
2AM Tuesday here in Euroland, I'm off to sleep. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day, hopefully with few megatons and betreyaltons.

/signing off

SiRatul

I'm definitely watching.

Off-topic: Gamestop denmark has listed Uncharted for PS4.

http://www.gamestop.de/PS4/Games/28...=0&sdirection=ascending&skippos=20&takenum=10

Someone found the same entry a few days ago as well and than called Gamestop. They are basically saying that they are pretty sure that there will be an Uncharted for PS4 but they are unsure of the release date and expect it to be around holiday season 2014.

So it's all just speculation and educated guess.

Someone found the same entry a few days ago as well and than called Gamestop. They are basically saying that they are pretty sure that there will be an Uncharted for PS4 but they are unsure of the release date and expect it to be around holiday season 2014.

So it's all just speculation and educated guess.

Or is it....

Jonboy

Gentleman...it was an honor to be the OP for this thread. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

001_1.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We going to have a new thread for tomorrow right?

I'm so hyped. Can't wait to find out when Amazon is gonna charge me and ship my new shiny.

If there is one thing certain about this generation, the race between Sony and MS is going to be MUCH tighter. This gen, MS had a huge advantage. A year extra, Sony's $599, the botched PS3 E3, "PS3 has no games", PS3 games running worse than the Xbox, PS3 UI being terrible, etc etc.

Now? They are starting on really even footing. PS3 at $399, MS with TitanFall and DLC, releasing nearly together, etc etc. I can not see the PS4 doing as poorly compared to the Xbone as the PS3 did compared to the 360. Yeah, PS3 made up some ground, but never really reached parity in terms of sales.

I wonder how the non-factor of the WiiU is going to affect the next gen. I mean, this gen, the Wii just fucking destroyed everything. People were gobbling that shit up. At this point in time, there are really only 2 players instead of 3, unless Nintendo pulls a miracle with the WiiU.

Okay let's break this down. PS3 not only made up ground and reached parity, it surpassed 360 in sales. I don't know why you would narrow the competition to only specific markets, as world-wide sales is what accurately depicts the total number of units sold, which is the more appropriate measure of success.

Also, although I don't know the degree to which this is true, I think we can agree that a percentage of 360 sales was boosted by the RROD fiasco because of the same people having to get multiple units of the 360. Sure this probably happened with PS3s but the RROD was much more prevalent.

Now, they are not on even footing. Because

1) PS4 is $100 cheaper. You countered this with saying MS has Titanfall and DLC, but that's just false equivalency. The right comparison would be price of MS's system, which is more expensive in every market.

2) Pre-order numbers indicate/prove that they are not on even footing either, since almost unanimously PS4 has higher amount of pre-orders.

3) Why would Titanfall and DLC make things even? Titanfall is not at launch, and also releasing on PC. And its not like it will get pirated much on PC because its an online only game. X1 version will no doubt get more sales but PC version still dilutes its exclusivity and sales potential on X1. It is also an unproven IP by a unproven (sorta) developer.
DLC. Sony also has exclusive DLC on big titles as well such as Watch Dogs, AC4, and Destiny.

4) The PS4 has better public perception. It is indisputably the more powerful system. It set the internet on fire during E3 because of policies. It is getting better word of mouth. Not to mention brand loyalty is a factor.

I don't really see how they are releasing on equal footing this time around, especially also if PS4 releases sooner. I'm not saying X1 is a bad product, the 180s have been great and some of the games look cool, I'm just saying you're wrong when you say they're starting on even footing.

Guys. GUYS. I have the most amazing insider news. You won't believe it. You know that one gaming thing you've always secretly hoped? Ever since you were a child? That desire that permeates every thought and feeling, every interaction you have another human being?

I have HUGE news about it. Insider news that could bring down the industry itself.

But I can't say anything about it. Not for a few months. You'll see.

You're gonna have to take my word on this one, fellas.

Just a bit of satire. I KNOW NOTHING. Mods have mercy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Guys. GUYS. I have the most amazing insider news. You won't believe it. You know that one gaming thing you've always secretly hoped? Ever since you were a child? That desire that permeates every thought and feeling, every interaction you have another human being?

I have HUGE news about it. Insider news that could bring down the industry itself.

Banned.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

It's Shenmue 3 guise!!!

oSoLucky

image.php

Anhkow

Banned.

83481502.gif

During a call with Klaystation, and his friends from YouTube (who are on a separate Skype call), an Activision representative told him that Crash Bandicoot is not owned by the company. Instead, the representative told them that Crash is owned by Sony Computer Entertainment and believes the developer of the next Crash Bandicoot is Naughty Dog. She also believes that they are no longer working on the series.

lol not happening.

Crash on Vita plz O_O

You will understand why i cant say anything right now in a few months. For those who are going to Gamescom, Cya there, goodnight :)
I hope you have something to show to the mods. Otherwise you might have a big problem, no one can walk around here claiming to have insider info without being verified by mods.

SHADES

So, say we are getting the PS4 release date tomorrow who's your bet on the muskerteer dropping the bomb?

House,Yosp,Cerny or outside bet good ol' Jackie boy?

I'll go with House, back garden so to speak( near enough) who do you think?

Top Bottom