• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not owning everything in this collection should be a bannable offence.
I should sit down and play Transitor on PC. I got a few hours in on iPad but I want keyboard and mouse.

I think I have the OST’s on Humble so buying them in that collection would be pointless. Wish it was just the games so I’d get a better deal on Pyre, which I really want.

Tizoc

I should sit down and play Transitor on PC. I got a few hours in on iPad but I want keyboard and mouse.

I think I have the OST’s on Humble so buying them in that collection would be pointless. Wish it was just the games so I’d get a better deal on Pyre, which I really want.
Yup my sotuation as well

Nilua

I bought Pyre on release and barely played it, now it's 25% off... That sucks. (well, not that much, Supergiant deserves my money)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn, hoping it doesn't affect sales too bad, they deserve their money for this

Denuvo fucking sucks so much

I would almost suspect that including Denuvo in the first place did more to damage their sales than the fact that it was cracked so early on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it Enhanced Steam that tells us how much on average you would get from unpacking a booster pack?

Yes, it lists the average price of three (regular) cards. Of course YMMV when it comes to getting foils / paying market fees / cards under performing on the market / etc.

Yes, it lists the average price of three (regular) cards. Of course YMMV when it comes to getting foils / paying market fees / cards under performing on the market / etc.

Awesome thanks. Some of the times when booster packs can sell for 0.10c or so I just take the risk of opening, but its nice to see that the average will be higher usually.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do I need to post a screenshot of my over 6500 games or can we drop these shitposts?

no fucking idea why you think that was for you, but since I literally know people on gaf, in this very thread even, that pirate games, I guess the truth is shitposting now.

its the reason why it bugs me so much when certain people act holier than thou.

Man I haven't posted in here in awhile.

Shadowverse is eating a good chunk of my time as a new expansion came out yesterday however other games have been pretty good.

20XX is still the best Mega Man X like game I could have asked for this year. Absolver is the best fighting game for people who want a different kinda fighter.

And completing NieR:Automata recently was an experience. The post is a little ehh here and there but, using FAR and dealing with some frame stuff if I move fast through the Open World was really it.

Tekken 7 is still amazing by the way.

no fucking idea why you think that was for you, but since I literally know people on gaf, in this very thread even, that pirate games, I guess the truth is shitposting now.

There are also people on SteamGAF who live in a region where they pay the same amount as Middle Europeans, but earn like 3-4 times (or more) less than a European.

You shouldnt visit anime or manga threads or even GoT threads where people talk about the newest GoT episode who live in a country where they cant get it legally when it airs. (Also a lot of people here somehow watched the leaked episode).

I’ll take any opposition against Denuvo, even from pirates. Of which I am not one of.

I’ve been through too many defunct DRM schemes to think any of this isn’t totally bullshit. I just want to be able to back up my games and play them. If those goals happen to run concurrently to pirates, so be it. I don’t agree with them and I think they’re definitely a blight on the industry, but that doesn’t make them or me wrong about Denuvo at least.

Jadax

yay, more people can pirate games and pretend they dont like denuvo for the good of consumers.

I know it's unethical etc etc, but I torrented stuff for the longest time. The only reason I started buying games was because of how having steam plays mind-games on you.

"I should get more games so my account looks legit"
"I should get more games to get more achievements"
"Steam is my e-achievement"

/sigh

MUnited83

For you.

You might want to back up your statements with proof when you're accusing people, that'd be nice. If not, you're no different from the people that continue to shit on emulation threads with accusations of piracy.

Denuvo is a shit DRM that negativelly affects legitimate consumers and does jackshit to pirates. Nobody should tolerate it.

r3n4ud

You might want to back up your statements with proof when you're accusing people, that'd be nice. If not, you're no different from the people that continue to shit on emulation threads with accusations of piracy.

Denuvo is a shit DRM that negativelly affects legitimate consumers and does jackshit to pirates. Nobody should tolerate it.
Well, zkylon admitted he pirates. Don't know who else was brave enough to admit it here though :p

Hypocracy is the weakest thing to complain about anyway.

We are all hypocrites in some capacity. That doesn’t make our point any less correct.

Edit: shit got too serious, somebody post an anime gif

(No don’t do that)

We are all hypocrites in some capacity. That doesn’t make our point any less correct.

giphy.gif

(No don’t do that)

Too late

Well, zkylon admitted he pirates. Don't know who else was brave enough to admit it here though :p

I once pirated games. However, I like paying for stuff I like, and since games got really cheap on Steam, I quickly got a huge backlog of legal games. Today, I don't really need more games; I need more time. Can I pirate time instead?

Tizoc

(No don’t do that)
You know you couldve just asked for a football gif or such

Have some 60 fps webms instead
https://www.reddit.com/r/60fpsGamin.../rocket_league_nice_wall_shot_to_a_follow_up/

https://www.reddit.com/r/60fpsGamingGifs/comments/6mi2kf/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_a_storm_is_coming/

Orgen

Funny seeing the post above yours :D

My thing with Denuvo is the kind of ambivalence that I have with most DRM -- it's dumb, and increasingly pointless, but I get why companies feel the need to use it. I'll just never understand why it gets singled out as something especially bad when there's a whole lotta DRM elsewhere that is just as bad if not worse (worse in that they actually add layers of inconvenience to the experience instead of being invisible in the background and generally unknown of unless specifically looked for and brought up).

Tizoc

My thing with Denuvo is the kind of ambivalence that I have with most DRM -- it's dumb, and increasingly pointless, but I get why companies feel the need to use it. I'll just never understand why it gets singled out as something especially bad when there's a whole lotta DRM elsewhere that is just as bad if not worse (worse in that they actually add layers of inconvenience to the experience instead of being invisible in the background and generally unknown of unless specifically looked for and brought up).
Such as?

Xater

Trying the COD beta and wtf is this shit? The sniper rifle seems to kill instantly with fucking bodyshots. Just feels like garbage balance on the PC.

Battlechili

Banned

Monooboe

Ah finished Arkham Asylum, still great but I had forgotten how angry I get at those bigger fights.XD

Wonder what Rocksteady are working on now, hopefully it's something as "fresh" as Arkham Asylum was when it came out. Heh, no pressure.

Amzin

re: DRM, there was statistically significant research 10 years ago that DRM / anti-piracy did nothing to affect actual piracy rates, and sales were unaffected largely either way. Most of the money companies spend on anti-piracy stuff is 100% loss. No study I've seen in more recent years shows that has changed - if anything, it's actually even more accurate.

The reason Denuvo etc. still exist is because they are 3rd party companies selling themselves to higher-ups at companies that go with their gut, rather than statistics. It's not usually a significant cost for the bigger companies anyway, but it's still accurate that it does nothing in the long run but inconvenience some legitimate consumers and cost the publisher more money. Just because a big company does something doesn't mean it's the right call. Managers are just people and many of them have little respect for actual research, that is true in my IT company as well, our managers implement and enforce a ton of rules that hinder productivity because they feel like it helps instead.

Tizoc

Say how comw there hadnt been any attempts to replicate how the xbone's 360 emulator works and use it on pc?

Tizoc

Because people haven't hacked the Xbox One and seen the internals of the emulator yet?
They can't exactly rip it out by magic.
Fair enoigh then :x

Which brings me to my next question
The xbone line aims to run 360 games at better performance than the original console
Can the current advancements in the ps3 emulator lead to it running multiplat ps3 games bettet their 360s counterparts on the xbone?

Cth

Forgot how easy it was to get Card money. Up to $8 from yesterday from listing idling and listing some cards, still have about 1500 more to idle as per idlemaster. The only hard part is manually clicking the idlemaster button. (I tried an autoclicker once but it didnt work)

I usually just sell the packs, but opted to unpack one recently (probably an anime game) and ended up getting a nice foil card.

I forgot which idler I use these days but it's all automated once it's properly set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom