• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sTrEeTs Of RaGe 4 ~ rAgE iN tHe CaGe

Tesseract

Banned
9JLHzP.gif

Rayderism

I wonder if it will be available at midnight tonight, or after a store update around noonish on PSN tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me if they make us wait until noon(ish) tomorrow. :messenger_confounded:

RAIDEN1

So by all accounts looks like it has matched the hype surrounding it ever since it was first revealed (a game 26 years in the making...) having said that the un-official reboot was for all intents and purposes as good as it got for Streets of Rage 4, and compared to this iteration is no less of a game...

Allright.. I was hesitant because I have to pay a lot for shipping, taxes and customs to Sweden but since the reviews are great, I caved in and got the Classic Edition from Limited Run Games:

Can't wait to play this with my girlfriend! Streets of Rage on the Genesis is our go-to game when drinking beer and having pre-parties.

K1Expwy

It is? It certainly wants to make me do filthy things with my little fireman.
The art direction is great, acknowledging the past while being aware that a modern take has to look updated.
Unless you're one of those pixel purists who is blissfully unaware just how expensive creating pixel art in modern resolutions would be both in economic and time costs?
The art looks like..... the art looks like the team who did the Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap remake, made a Streets of Rage game. It's an odd clash of styles that I didn't expect from the series
t0fbc.gif

The "Guard Crush" engine looks fantastic though, I'm amazed by the light, shadow, reflect fx. It even makes the razor sharp, unfiltered, emulator/indie pixels look nice from the footage I've seen. I'm all for seeing more 2d projects running on that engine

Last edited:

Pidull

Originally I wasn't sure what to make of this game, but after seeing more trailers and gameplay, I am sold. The impact of the hits is perfect, it really looks like a Streets of Rage game in terms of the animation, even if it's a bit different cosmetically.

One thing I'm a big fan of is how thick Blaze is...

Last edited:

EekTheKat

US store for SoR4 is like 11am EST/ 8am PST I think based on this tweet :

Steam is showing some weird error instead of a buy button (I think it's a cache issue that might update later). Some posts on the discussion boards seem to indicate you can buy via wishlist, but might still have problems launching afterward.

GV82

Reminder If you have a Xbox it’s on Gamepass later today.

Nice to be able to play for free (okay the price of a Subscription)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Reminder If you have a Xbox it’s on Gamepass later today.

Nice to be able to play for free (okay the price of a Subscription)
It's out right now on gamepass NZ

i am getting false inputs when i combo super annoying on XBX first game that happened to me. ah right trigger is super sensitive
music is amazing
that artstyle is just t r a s h
you have those shades wearing black dudes they legit look like the have been taken from some newgrounds flash game around the 2000's.

Besides dumb button placement (why map fast input buttons to analogue triggers)
the game controls fine and feels right

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
You can install the game from the Australian site

FranXico

10% off on Steam and GOG. Tempted by GOG, but the simplicity of Steam always gets me.

If you're reading GOG, add controller support to Galaxy and you'll start winning.
I read a user review on GOG that says the game has no online co-op there. Is this true? If so, that sucks!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Top Bottom